Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

I walk through the Marketplace on the eve of my next quest. Hopefully Guts and Hybros will remember to pick up some extra consumables before we leave. In the mean time, I should probably get rid of my lesser consumables and grab some just in case.

"Miss Portia, I'd like to sell three Potions, five Venoms, two Fire Bombs, an Ice Bomb, and a Water Bomb for (5+5+5+5+5+5+5+5+10+10+10+10)/2=40 gold. With that, I'd like to purchase four Grand Potions." (10*4=40 Gold)

I line my various bottles and vials up on the counter for Portia to see and collect my Grand Potions.

~Portia's Potion Shack now stocks Tiger Balms and Ambrosia!~

heroica-tigerbalm.jpgTiger Balm - Grants immunity to all effects (positive and negative) for one battle. Costs 100 gold.

heroica-ambrosia.jpgAmbrosia - Causes the reinforced-effect, double the target's defense for the duration of one battle. Costs 65 gold.

Guts stops by Portia's shack, and buys 1 Ambrosia, 3 x Nostrum, 3 x Smelling Salts and 3 x Mead (65+105+75+45 = 290, 627-290=337), he then stops by Anwyl's where he has Lifestealer upgraded to WP: 29 (337-290=47).

Watching the time closely, I briskly walk into the marketplace. I had no desire to be late for the quest I was leading.

I purchase 5 Meads (75), 5 Smelling Salts (125), 5 Nostrums (175), and 2 Phoenix Essences (100). 475 gold total.

I upgrade my Mockthril Longbow to WP: 25 (230+240+250=720 gold)

720+475=1195 gold spent

V916GDK.jpg Sorrow (Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 22 *Immune to Light and Blinded*

Power: 44 (22+22)

Defense: 6

Health: 33/33 (7+21+5)

Gold: 1348 (Owed 200 gold by Karie)

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 25 Ice and Darkness Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear),Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x5, Health Core, Tonic, Ether Core x1, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x5, Venom, Deadly Venom, Mead x11, Smelling Salts x10, Nostrum x7, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll

Not wanting to stall the crew, Thormanil hustles to Fabian's shop and picks up a pair of Sticky Gloves, paying Fabian the 500 gold price-tag. He leaves the market with 1811 gold remaining.

Mizuki runs to Portia's and buys 4x Nostrum and 1x Remedy leaving her with 0 Gold

(150-140=10)

Sarge purchases a set of black Knight's armour (880-200=680) and Imbues the scroll of blindness into his Pegleg of hastening (680-50=630) He then sells his sticky gloves for 250 gold (630+250=880)

Sarge then has His Amethyst and Diamond imbued into the demonic scissors (880-100=780)

Next he buys the full stock (except a bedroll) of Gnomeos (780-150=630)

At Portias he purchases 4 potions, 2 grand potions and 2 pheonix essences (630-150=480)

Thalion walks to Fabian, "Good day! I am interested in selling this Orcish Helmet, and seeing how it is very similar to Winged Helmet I think 30 gold is suffice." 290 + 30 = 320 Afterwords he picks up Robe of the Archmagi, "And I would also like to buy this." He hands Fabian 300 gold (320 - 300 = 20 gold) and leaves the marketplace with only 20 gold.

Alexandre buys 2 nostrums and 3 meads.

167 - [2(35)=70]= 97 - [3(15)=45] = 52 gold remaining.

Sir Brickington upgrades his Pirate Cutlass (WP: 5) to WP: 8 costing him 210 gold. That leaves him with 283 gold. Then he buys a Shield (WP: 5) for 50 gold. Then he buys 3 potions, a remedy in which he installs in his hollow blade.That leaves him with 208 gold left. Sir Brickington signed, "You can't take it with you."

Edited by Brickington

Sarge enters the marketplace with a bundle and a shield. He heads straight to Anwyls. Once there he upgrades his shield to Sp: 10 (370-270=100) and once that's done, he unwraps the bundle; inside is Mythril. he hands it to Anwyl and Imbues it into his Shield, (100-100=0) Sarge leaves the hall with a smug face and an Sp20 shield.

Benji walks briskly to the marketplace. First he goes and purchases a Magic Compass for 50 gold, and afterwards he goes and gets the diamond un-merged from his golden handcannon.

He briskly leaves the marketplace, not wanting to waste any more gold at the moment.

(1540 gold minus 50 minus 50 equals 1440 gold remaining)

Seeing that the questions from those at his table had stopped, Althior made a dash for the market. There, he sells his pointy hat, his venom's, smoke bomb, elemental bombs, shovel, Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider, Phoenix Essence, and Royal Dagger. (690+40+8+2+45+5+10+25+50=875) He then heads to Fabien and buys an Ethereal Cloak, (875-220=655) and gets his scepter upgraded to WP 12 (655-60-70-80-90-100-110-120=25) He leaves the market with 25 gold remaining in his pocket.

For the Amulet, I used a suggested price that Xander had been given for the same item a few pages back.

Atramor dumped a trio of weapons, the Guard's Dagger, Shield, and the Rebel's Longsword on the floor of Anwyl's. The dwarf-esque blacksmith grumbled, chucking each into a furnace for scrap and paying 105 gold to Atramor, but he returned 500, along with his Diamond, Amethyst, Ratsbane and Pheles Rod.

"Slap as many gems into that thing as ya' can."

Anwyl picked up the staff carefully, thoroughly unnerved by its icy touch, but being the well-worn blacksmith he was, didn't stray from his craft. When he handed back the Rod, the faintly glowing blue end was pulsating with a myriad of colors, white purple, red, teal, blue, and brown.

"Thanks."

He nodded to the blacksmith, and returned to the hall, examining his new weapon with interest.

Tarn enters the Marketplace, his pouch feeling heavy with 509 gold in it. If his experiences in the pagoda had taught him anything, it was that you could not have enough consumables. He therefore proceeded to Portia's Potion Shack and bought the following:

3 x Phoenix Essences (3x50=150; 509-150=359)

2 x Mead (2x15=30; 359-30=329)

5 x Smelling Salts (5x25=125; 329-125=204)

4 x Nostrum (4x35=140; 204-140=64)

1 x Grand Tonic (64-30=34)

3 x Grand Potion (3x10=30; 34-30=4 gold left)

Benji walks to the marketplace, feeling like spending a little more money. He decides to purchase 2 smelling salts (25*2=50), and 2 mulled wines (55*2=110)

110+50=160

1540-160=1380 gold remaining

A red-haired nord finds himself walking amongst the hussle and bustle of Eubric's marketplace once again. Although he hadn't set out intending to do any shopping today, Haldor feels as though he might as well shift some of his older and less useful items. He heads over to Fabian's shop.

"Hail, Fabian, I have something that you might want - a relict left over from a venture little while back." Haldor produces his Paper Doll and shows it to the elf. "Here, what d'you think? Might not seem the grandest item you've ever stocked, but you might well find some bugger who's scared of turning against their friends. Yours for 30 gold, yeah?"

Ellaria once again ventured into the Marketplace. After shopping for some groceries for tonight's meal, she went to Portia and bought another Phoenix Essence for 50 gold. (105-50=55 gold left)

"Hail, Fabian, I have something that you might want - a relict left over from a venture little while back." Haldor produces his Paper Doll and shows it to the elf. "Here, what d'you think? Might not seem the grandest item you've ever stocked, but you might well find some bugger who's scared of turning against their friends. Yours for 30 gold, yeah?"

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"What a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Hunkadory! Hmm, that can't be worth more than 20 gold, but since you're such a heartthrob, I'm willing to give you 25 gold for it", the moustached elf says with a wink.

Benji walks into the marketplace. Ignoring the fact that Fabian is already speaking with Haldor, Benji speaks. "Fabian, how much would you give for this rare Poisoned Quiver? Only one I've seen in my travels. Very valuable."

Edited by Flare

Benji walks into the marketplace. Ignoring the fact that Fabian is already speaking with Haldor, Benji speaks. "Fabian, how much would you give for this rare Poisoned Quiver? Only one I've seen in my travels. Very valuable."

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Another stallion has galloped to my humble stall - it must be my lucky day! Now let me see that... Very unique, indeed. What would you say to 150 gold for it?"

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Another stallion has galloped to my humble stall - it must be my lucky day! Now let me see that... Very unique, indeed. What would you say to 150 gold for it?"

"Lets say 175 gold and make it a deal?"

Ellaria once again ventured into the Marketplace. After shopping for some groceries for tonight's meal, she went to Portia and bought another Phoenix Essence for 50 gold. (105-50=55 gold left)

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"What a pleasure to see you again, Mr. Hunkadory! Hmm, that can't be worth more than 20 gold, but since you're such a heartthrob, I'm willing to give you 25 gold for it", the moustached elf says with a wink.

Haldor laughed cheerfully.

"Ha ha! Heartthrob that's great, and 'hunkadory' - you said it, not me. Since you made my day, Fabian, I'll take the 25 gold and be gone with it. See you around, brother."

The nord walks away from the stall, grinning and muttering words as he heads off deeper through Eubric's main streets.

Alexander enters in the market and, heading to Anwyl and sell for 15 gold (WP: 3 x 5) the great sword and return to the hall.