Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

After heading to the training room, Rome arrives at Fabians. He sells the pugilist gloves for 40 gold, then buys some sticky gloves for 500 gold.

Romulus Dean (played by TheBoyWonder)

Level 16.5 Raider *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 35

Health: 29/29

Gold: 935 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 15, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Scarlet Hood (Headwear, Power +4, Protects from Stunned),Sticky Gloves

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Venom x3, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Garnet, Phoenix Essence, Throwing Dagger (WP: 6)

Edited by TheBoyWonder

With plenty of Gold still in my possession - 505, to be exact - and a couple new Scrolls in hand, I approach Fabian.

"Master Fabian, good day. I'd like this Scroll of Frailty and this Scroll of Poisoning merged with my Dread Hat."

I hand the elf 50+50=100 Gold, leaving me with 505-100=405 Gold.

I equip the Mail of the Renegade Commander in place of the Heavy Armor, and return to the Hall.

Alexandre buys the Black Knight Armor and upgrades his elven sword to WP:11.

415-200=215-110=105.

Then 2 smelling salts, a mead, and a nostrum, leaving 15 gold left.

Alexandre quickly returns, and sells a grand tonic and elixir for 35 gold. His new total is 50. He then buys a grand potion, and nostrum. (Now his total is 5 gold)

Johon walks into the marketplace after returning from his recent quest. He looks through the wares, and decides what to buy.

Sticky Gloves X1: 500 G

Mead X6: 90 G

Smelling Salts X12: 300 G

Nostrum X12: 420 G

Total: 500+90+300+420=1310

2882-1310=1576

Edited by Bricksandparts

Sylph went to the market in preparation for his Dual with Alex, selling his Quartz for 50 gold, and his Mockthril Rod for 35 gold, adding the 85 gold to his 39 gold, giving him a total of 124 gold.

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs) *Party Leader!*

unknown age, unknown race Druid

Level 22.66

Power: 30 (22+7+1)

Defense: 124

Health: 38/38c(21+17+7+1)

Ether: 25/25 (5+16+1)

Gold: 124

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1) , Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Nostrum, 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, Venom, Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, Floral Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, 6 Bones, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding, Sword Helmet (Max. health +1), Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Journal of The Wound, Emerald, Trial Brew x3, Suffering's Journal, Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile)

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Zoltan upgrades his (WP:3) ball and chain to (WP:4). He is now broke.

40-40=0 gold left

Romulus starts by imbuing his Spiked Club (WP8) with his garnet, (555-50=505). He then upgrades said club to Wp10 ( 505-190= 315). He then does the same to the Meteor Blade (305-190=125). He then leaves the market place.

Romulus Dean (played by TheBoyWonder)

Level 16.5 Raider *Immune to Fragile*

Power: 35

Health: 29/29

Gold: 125 (95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment: Combrys (WP: 15, consecutive successful strikes raise Combry's WP by 1, unsuccessful strikes drop it to it's base WP), Sticky Gloves , Heavy Armour (SP5 protects from Fragile)

Inventory: Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)), Venom x3, Sylvania's Cowl(grants Animal Talk to Wearer), Phoenix Essence, Throwing Dagger (WP: 6), Scarlet Hood (Headwear, Power +4, Protects from Stunned), Meteor Blade (WP:10, Light), Spiked Club (WP:10, Earth)

Atramor slid quietly between the crowds of the marketplace. As Hybros said, Elphaba had left...but he had all the gems he needed anyway. He stepped into Fabian's, handing over the worn White Cloak, followed by - with one last, thoughtful look - the Witch's Talisman. He then had the Amulet of the Court imbued with his Topaz, Aquamarine, and Emerald, receiving a good 80 gold in return for his business there. He made a brief stop at Portia's next, trading in his Fire and two Holy Bombs for 15 gold, and then returned to the Hall.

Guts stopped by the marketplace before going back to his boat. First, he sold his Holy Bomb, Fire Bomb and Elven Bomb for 15 gold in total, and he sells the Hollow Dagger for 30 gold and the Cleaver for 40 gold. 792+85 = 877 Gold. He then stops by Fabian's, where he has his Emerald, Topaz, Ruby, Sapphire and Garnet imbued in his Dancing Shoes, for 250 gold. With 627 gold left, The raider leaves the marketplace.

William walks back into the Market. He merges his Amethyst with his Wave Sword (215-50=165) and upgrades his Croise Crossbow (165-130=35)

Edited by Fred Daniel Yam

OOC: hopefully this is all right.

IC: De'kra walked in, his eyes a chipper green. Walking over to Portia he handed over fifty gold, taking four Potions three Remedies and two Tonics in exchange. Left with 193 gold, he moved to Anwyl, and handed over his extra WP 5 Dagger for 25 gold. That done he upgraded Kapura twice, leaving him with 28 gold.

That done De'kra turned to go, when a thought occurred to him. Turning to Anwyl he clicked, "I have question..."

Edited

Edited by Tanma

I trade in my Scrap Metal for 25 gold and peruse the wears, thinking of what I will purchase next.

225 + 25 = 250 gold remaining.

Eager to get out of the Hall, Hybros made his way back to the Marketplace once again with the 1103 gold, including the profits he had made from selling Elphaba's goods on the secondhand market. He casually strolled down the street lined with market stalls until he reached Anwyl's.

"Ehem, excuse me. Down here, please! Yes, I would like this new blade of mine to be imbued with these two gems." Hybros unsheathed the Sword of Ancestral Hatred and his last two loose gems; the amethyst and the diamond. He handed over 100 gold for the job.

While he waited for Anwyl to do his work, Hybros headed over to Portia's. Although he wasn't lacking in supplies, he looked around at her new items anyway. He pulled a bottle of Mulled Wine from the shelf, uncorked it, and smelled it. He was never a drinker of alcohol, but the scent was potent and sweet. He read the label on the back which said that it would allow the drinker to stay up later to drink more. "Or participate in a battle longer, eheh..." he mumbled. He traded 275 gold for 5 bottles of Mulled Wine, and returned to Anwyl's to pick up his sword.

Anwyl handed it over, and Hybros took it by the hilt and rose it towards the sky. It's aura seemed to glow brighter now with the power of light and darkness, and Hybros was sure it would deal some good damage to the likes of ninjas.

Hybros prepared to return to the Hall, but turned his head the opposite direction, towards the harbor. Guts said he had a new ship, but Hybros would have to see for himself. He sheathed the sword and began walking with the salty scent of the ocean in his nose.

Nessa was wondering around Eurbic. She did not watch where her feet were bringing her. Suddenly she stood at the entrance to the market. 'Yeah, why not? My bag is too full right now.' She approached Fabian's Fantabulous Fashion and had a little chat."You know, I just came back from Brendenton. It seems as if the next month may be bad for the supply of good and handcrafted cloth. I happen to be in possession of one of the last cloth from the famous Brendenton. I guess you could use it more than me. I would sell the cloth to you for 30 gold." Fabian accepted. He was glad to make such a good deal. "Also I'd like to sell this Leather Armour (SP: 1) I bought from you. Yes, it may be used but it is in a good condition. I'll leave it for you for, let's say, 15 gold?" Fabian shook his head as if he wanted to say 'Lad, this is the normal rebuy price. You don't have to argue about it.' Anyways after selling the 30 gold worth cloth and her Leather Armour (SP: 1) Nessa got 45 gold (30+15) leaving her with 200 gold as she had 155 gold already. "Goodbye, Fabian. Nice to make business with you." Nessa waved him farewell and felt really rich. She never ever possessed that much money. She strolled the passage of the marketplace and ended up at Anwyl's Smithy. These small people were hunting here. "Good day, Sir." She cleared her throat. "I'd like to sell this Croise Bow (SP: 6) to you. I don't have any use for it. I'd say it's worth at least 40 gold." Nessa handed over the bow to the short man. He examined it and finally mumbled something about 'not more than 15!' "30! My last word! And I will buy one of your services." She got the point. Anwyl gave her 30 gold for her Croise Bow (WP: 6) (usable by Rangers). Now she was at 230 gold. "Now to this little Amethyst of mine. I'd like to have it imbued into my crossbow. Do you think you can handle this?" Smithy nodded. It took a while, but finally Nessa's crossbow was imbued with that little gem. It looked precious. She handed over 50 gold for the service, leaving her with 180 gold at all. After that she left the marketplace.

Amorith, after his training walked over to the marketplace and immediately set of for Anwyl's smithy. There he sold his fang dagger, his two halberds and his two swords for 105 gold (25+25+25+15+15) leaving him with 320 gold. Then, at Fabian's he sold his helmet for 10 gold and bought a robe of the Archmagi for 300 gold leaving him with 30 gold.

(215+25+25+25+15+15+10-300=30)

After training Dreyrugr went to take his trainers advice and invest in some armour. He goes to Fabian and looks through his armours. He finally finds the armour he was looking for. He tries it on. In a strange way it fit comfortably but it wasn't him.

"Sir, it really doesn't suit you. Maybe if you put in under the rest of your clothes."

Dreyrugr takes this advice. It didn't feel the most comfortable but he could get used to it.

"The rest of your clothes aren't to snazzy either. Could I interest you in some fine cloth?"

"I'm done with cloth in fact, here. And this helmet looks about as good as your other one. I'll take 10 gold."

"Very well the helmet is worth that, but this is some nice cloth sir. I'd give you 20 gold pieces for it."

Dreyrugr felt it was probably worth more considering the endeavour he went through but left it as is buying black knight's armour for 200 gold whilst selling cloth for 20 gold as well as the helmet for 10. 467-200+20+10=297

Dreyrugr then takes out his aquamarine. "Here put these in my gloves would you."

"Very well sir. That's another 50 gold." 287-50=247

Dreyrugr leaves a lot less richer but feeling much more equipped. He heads over to the smithy to be greeted by someone with a beard. He hardly seemed dwarf like but Dreyrugr hardly concerned himself with other people.

"I want to place this amethyst into this dagger and this sapphire in my shuriken."

"100 gold pieces or nothing."

Dreyrugr hands over the gold once again feeling poorer but better equipped. 247-100=147

He then heads for his last stop at Portia's. He knows what he wants and quickly picks up a phoenix essence, a nostrum, a soma and a grand potion leaving him broke at 7 gold. 147-50-35-45-10=7

Total calculations: 467-200-50-50-50-50-35-45-10+20+10=7

Galen was walking towards the marketplace at a brisk pace. The rogue was smiling, despite dark bruises and cuts covering every square inch of his body. Beatrice liked to play rough, but after a while she would always leave that shell of hers and take him straight to paradise. He had helped her settle in the new secret Progg lair, and they thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. But time flies and Galen had to consider his next move. First get some supplies, then hit the Hall to heed the call of duty.

He sold Fabian his weathered Leather Armour for 15 gold (30/2) and handed back a Fauxthril Shuriken to Anwil who threw it on a pile of similar items and handed Galen 25 gold (50/2).

Galen then asked Anwil to sharpen his old Throwing Dagger (WP:4 ranged, Permanently Crumbling) and restore its lost shine (upgrade to WP:16 for 50+60+70+etc=1260 gold).

While Anwyl was working, Galen headed to Portia's shack and replenished his stocks of indispensable consumables. He picked 2x Soma (2x45=90 gold), 7x Nostrum (7x35=245 gold), 7x Mead (7x15=105 gold), 6x Smelling Salts (6x25=150 gold), 9x Grand Potion (9x10=90 gold), 4x Phoenix Essence (4x50=200 gold), 5x Remedy (5x10=50 gold) and 2x Mulled Wine (2x55=110 gold).

Total: 2344+15+25-1260-90-245-105-150-90-200-50-110=84 gold.

Fully loaded Galen recovered his dagger, still warm from Anwyl's sharpening stones, and made his way towards the Hall.

Sylph walked into the Market. He purchased some items from Portia.

124 Gold

Tonic x4: 40 Gold

Total: 124-40= 84 gold remaining.

ava-sylph.jpgSylph Solanum (Dannylonglegs)

unknown age, unknown race Druid *Immune to Fragile*

Level 22.66

Power: 33 (22+10+1)

Defense: 4

Health: 38/38(21+17+7+1)

Ether: 25/25 (5+16+1)

Gold: 84

Equipment: Shrapnel Bow (WP: 10, Bow. Every successful hit drops the target's SP by 1) , Ranger's Quiver (WP +1 to bows and crossbows), Emerald Hood (SP: 4, headwear, protects from Fragile), Hide of The Suffering (Bodywear, Power +7 when under a negative status effect. Doesn't stack.)

Inventory: Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Confusion, 2 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 1 Venom, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Fire Bombs, 1 Ice Bomb, 3 Water Bombs, 2 Lightning Bombs, 1 Floral Bomb, 6 Bones, Trial Brew x3, Helmet (Max. health +1), Merry Bow (WP:7, ranged, steals 1 gold with each successful hit except Shield-skills), Emerald, 20-20 glasses (headwear, +1 turn of effect for scrolls), Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Signet Ring, Saber Teeth, Journal of The Bleeding, Tale of the Invincible King, Psych Documents, Journal of The Wound, Suffering's Journal

Nessa entered the market. She ran towards Anwyl: "I *huh* need *huh* a weapon upgrade. It's a level 7 weapon. I guess it takes 80 gold?" Anwyl nodded. Nessa handed 80 gold for the upgrade service and left her with 100 gold. After that Nessa went to Portia. "One Phoenix Essence, 8 Potions... *huh*", Nessa tried to catch her breath. She gave 90 gold for one Phoenix Essence and 8 Potion leaving her with 10 gold. "Thank you, I've got to go." And off she was.

Karie had Dan for at least two hours. She panted in the street and sat on a crate. She looked about and realized she was in the market. She got up and walked about. Portia noticed her and grimaced. Karie gave a half hearted wave and smile as she walked on. The rush out of Johan's place had tired her out. She noticed the smithy and walked into his shop. She browsed the various weapons on displayed and walked to the counter. She notices the bearded man working on a sword.

"Hey. You buy weapons?"

The smithy doesn't move from his work but does reply.

"I can hear you laying a dagger on the desk. It's typically used by the town watch. I can tell because the metal used to make those blades is often cheap. I'll buy it off you for 20 gold coins."

The smithy gets up from his work and lays the money on the counter.

"Sounds good enough for me."

Karie starts her shopping with 239 gold. She sells her Dagger (WP:4) for 20 gold, giving her a profit of 259 gold.

She leaves the smithy and continues to look around. She notices a fashionable looking store being run by an even more fashionable looking elf. She begins to window shop when she's interrupted by the store owner.

"I'm sorry to interupt, can I help you?"

"No, I'm just browsing... actually, yes, you could. Are you interested in this cloth?"

The owner takes the cloth and rubs it through his hands.

"Brendenton fine cloth. Quite a decent amount too. You aren't the only one to bring in this quality of cloth. I'll give you 30 gold for all of it. Deal?"

He outstretches his hand.

"I don't see why not."

Karie sells her Cloth for 30gold coins, giving her 289 gold coins.

Having sold her cloth, Karie lazily walks back to the hall.

Edited by Kintobor

Boomingham breezes through the marketplace, determined. Barty zips behind him.

"Lawrence, record what you've learned," says his angel gently. Boomingham nods and tosses his Tome to Fabian. He then passes over his Scroll of Weakening and Scroll of Sleep. The elf rips them out, and then stows them in the book. Boomingham hands over 100 gold. "I could have done that," he grumbles.

Arthur buys four Nostrum, five Smelling Salts, and five Meads for 340 Gold, leaving him with 1,028 gold. (35 * 4 = 140, 25 * 5 = 125, 15 * 5 = 75; 140 + 125 + 75 = 340; 1368 - 340 = 1028)

Edited by Flipz