Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I apologize, that looks right to me. I guess that I did make a mistake. I apologize to my questies... the way things went, it looks like it wouldn't have mattered, but I do apologize. I always run this risk when designing my own puzzles. :sadnew:

Yeah, that sort confused me. The first thing I figured out in the riddle was that there no way 2 could be anything but neutral. :shrug_confused: Those were some brutal enemies anyway, though, so I suppose it wouldn't've mattered.

You really do not want to sell us these happy pills. You want to go home and rethink your life.

:snicker:

Edited by CallMePie

I'm sorry if that didn't sound properly apologetic. I do apologize. I just don't see a way to fix it at this point. I did try to run it by the other QMs, and we didn't notice anything wrong, but it is on me to make sure. I don't know how that slipped past me, but best to move forward and view it just as a hiccup instead of dwell on my mistake. :blush:

dwell on my mistake. :blush:

I don't know, what is the view like from there? How expensive are utilities and property taxes? And what's the current trend for property values there? If it's a good investment, maybe we WANT to build homes there. :laugh:

Sorry, I have a mind for bizzare puns. :tongue:

Yeah, that sort confused me. The first thing I figured out in the riddle was that there no way 2 could be anything but neutral. :shrug_confused: Those were some brutal enemies anyway, though, so I suppose it wouldn't've mattered.

Yeah, that's what got me wondering if it was correct, because there was no way 2 could have been anything but neutral, but you guys would've died anyhow, so... :tongue:

I don't know if it was meant like that, but from what I can see, even if the party had gotten 1, 9, and 2 (Had it been correctly put) it would still have been just a guessing game between the last ones. :sceptic:

But perhaps you meant it that way. :devil:

Don't beat yourself up, Zepher. We all have puzzles that don't quite come off, like my Seasonal Order one where I had people playing on different continents to me which messed the order up!

Even if we'd picked mostly positive effects, that fight would have been really tough anyway. In terms of storyline, a defeat there works dramatically, moving along the plot whilst allowing more characterisation.

:laugh: You guys just have so many jokes up your sleeves...

I've got a couple cards up there too. :look::grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

And so we have the first death of Quest 29. Well, the first death we care about, enemies don't count, unless it's Wren or someone equally important.

And so we have the first death of Quest 29. Well, the first death we care about, enemies don't count, unless it's Wren or someone equally important.

Who knew De'kra could see the future. :sad:

Who knew De'kra could see the future. :sad:

Well he was the only one to die in Quest 4, perhaps he has learned to recognize the signs that a death is coming. Plus as he said, there was way they could survive any hit, no matter what row they stood in.

DISCLAIMER: I'm feeling evil so you may want to skip past this post to reduce the burning curiosity that will inevitably result. :devil: To be fair, I've lightened the text so it's easier to miss while skimming, though I don't think that will help very much. :devil:

Well, Arthur DID just try to kill himself already and managed to Knock himself Out right before battle, so technically... :grin:

DISCLAIMER: I'm feeling evil so you may want to skip past this post to reduce the burning curiosity that will inevitably result. :devil: To be fair, I've lightened the text so it's easier to miss while skimming, though I don't think that will help very much. :devil:

Well, Arthur DID just try to kill himself already and managed to Knock himself Out right before battle, so technically... :grin:

Pffft, that, despite being one of the most epic bits of roleplaying I've ever seen, didn't happen in Quest # 29, which he very specifically specified. :laugh:

Yeah but he isn't in quest 29 right now.

Which reminds me, are there any therapists in Heroica Hall? Given how many heroes have troubled past s and multiple personalities, you think that trying to keep Heroes sane would be a priority.

Yeah but he isn't in quest 29 right now.

Which reminds me, are there any therapists in Heroica Hall? Given how many heroes have troubled past s and multiple personalities, you think that trying to keep Heroes sane would be a priority.

Make it into an Expert Class. :laugh:

:look:

*scribble scribble*

Monk Pretzel will take up the role. He is good at counselling the insane...I believe. I hope he doesn't find the job to tasking that it drives him insane...moreso than he is already. :grin:

Make it into an Expert Class. :laugh:

:look:

*scribble scribble*

The Psychiatrist fights with the aid of his pet snake, Nancy.

Damn right. :thumbup: She has a 50/50 chance to deal the Confused effect to everyone present or instantly KO her owner.

Well he was the only one to die in Quest 4, perhaps he has learned to recognize the signs that a death is coming. Plus as he said, there was way they could survive any hit, no matter what row they stood in.

The odds of a KO were 1 in 12, so I figured I would chance it. Considering my luck in this battle (1 Miss and 4 Damage) I probably shouldn't have. :hmpf_bad:

:snicker:

So uh, how will the Vampire go on a Quest? After all, they do tend to incinerate when coming in contact with sunlight, right? :tongue:

So uh, how will the Vampire go on a Quest? After all, they do tend to incinerate when coming in contact with sunlight, right? :tongue:

He said that he wears a hat to protect himself from the sun.

He said that he wears a hat to protect himself from the sun.

Okay, thanks. I hadn't seen the post where he explained that, but I've found it now :classic: .

A more telling point is that as hero, his type is 'humanoid' not 'undead', thus he's vulnerable to darkness attacks and can be healed normally by clerics and potions, rather than taking damage. Clearly there's is something not quite usual about this vampire...

Nah, he'll just sparkle. :tongue:

A more telling point is that as hero, his type is 'humanoid' not 'undead', thus he's vulnerable to darkness attacks and can be healed normally by clerics and potions, rather than taking damage. Clearly there's is something not quite usual about this vampire...

I understand that his "race" is not an issue game-wise, since every hero is treated in the same say. I was merely looking for an explanation story-wise, but LEGOman273 already pointed out the character uses a hat and big cloak to shield him from the sun :classic: . I absolutely have no problem with having a vampire hero, I thinks it's rather cool :thumbup: .