Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Skrall grabbed the battle mage staff that Arthur had dropped tossing it down to him, he would lose his opportunity to get a shot off but those below were going to need the help.

Why doesn't Luke drop Arthur the staff. Luke's damage would be puny compared to Skrall's.

When the Wren Quests finish, I do have plans for a trilogy of short surreal quests. I may start them over the summer, if Sandy okays the first concept. It would involve me running the 4th Wren Quest and the 1st of the Trilogy at the same time, but I think I might consider it.

Perhaps the heroes end up in a split timeline where the houses cooperate, thus erasing the existence of Heroica? *oh2*

... :poke:

"Sir Alexandre, what're yer feelin's on means an' ends? I had a thought--why not send Arthur after that traitor tha others mentioned, Russel? Send 'im to tha Cultists, he'd slaughter tha lot of them. I mean, he's off his rocker an' wants ta attack us, but I think he's still loyal to tha thought o' tha mission. I don't think he'd betray us."

Flipz seems desperate to get Arthur onto quest 29. Even using the Count to get it done. :thumbdown: I guess you gave up in the end, eh? :hmpf_bad:

:wink:

Edited by Palathadric

As far as getting back, if you wanted to, you could go back to before the alternate reality was created and prevent yourself from creating the alternate reality. (which could be considered creating another alternate reality which is identical to the original reality)

You gotta think fourth-dimensionally, Marty.

But if you go back in time, do you have the technology to go forward again?

Or, you could just stay where you are, the universe splits because of your decision, and in an alternate universe, you go forward in time. Or there is an alternate universe where you never left to go back in time. :wacko:

Sorry if I missed it but what's the reason behind Flare/Benji's text color change to purple?

He's poking fun at my green text. :wink:

But if you go back in time, do you have the technology to go forward again?

That depends on what the technology is. Usually, the technology goes back in time with you, though.

Another Question for the Interim:

This is sort of a continuation of my last question. I asked which heroes we really want to see together. Those are doable, for the most part, especially if this game runs long. However, something else that's on my mind that we'll probably never get to see... BUT, which NPCs do you most want to see all hanging together in one quest? Should Gurnam meet Baba? Should The Order of the Crimson Crown Haroka join forces and crush Eubric? Should Jensen and Moranis have a show down? Or perhaps we want to see the Heads of all the Houses in one quest (this is the only one that I think is possible and I really want to see now that we've met almost all of them!). Alrighty, let's hear it!

Replying to your question, I'm going to say... I love Donny Dozenhands.

He was the first important foe that I faced in this game, and thus I always think of the character and wonder when he will next turn up. I love all the references to him (especially by Sandy :laugh:), and really wish I (preferably with Skrall and Nur again :sweet:) could have Haldor go on quest involving him. I really hope that a quest pops up at some point where Haldor has the chance to meet him again and get more reputation with the Wolfgang. *hint hint*

Gurnam is just epic. I love how he is a literal Loan Shark and casually threatens people with his knife. How he gets by like everybody else yet comepletely changes when one speaks about buisness The classic pose with him leaning over the counter is one picture that I will never forget.

Dozenhands and Gurnam? I would love to see the diologue between them, that would be awesome to see. :wub:

Edited by Scorpiox

Scorpiox, you're right, that would be a fantastic combo. I really like Gurnam and Donny as well. I feel like Gurnam has a certain living with the flow in a scummy way charm.

And this, dear Questies, is why you only have to save 3/5 to not fail the quest. I don't want you to win every fight. I have said it before and I will say it again - Quests are too easy! I want people to have the true potential of failure. :devil:

And this, dear Questies, is why you only have to save 3/5 to not fail the quest. I don't want you to win every fight. I have said it before and I will say it again - Quests are too easy! I want people to have the true potential of failure. :devil:

Whatever. You've just handed me a good bit of roleplaying material anyway. :laugh:

Flipz seems desperate to get Arthur onto quest 29. Even using the Count to get it done. :thumbdown: I guess you gave up in the end, eh? :hmpf_bad:

:wink:

I'm sure you didn't intend it that way, but I find the implication to be incredibly offensive. If you recall, my first choice was Quest 31, and by no means would I want to desert it. Do I want to go after Russel? Of course! It's a great mission, and one that will advance the main plot mission of the Quest; not only that, but it was in-character for Knyghton to want Arthur gone, and he obviously preferred sending him after the Cultists rather than risking more problems by sending, in his view, a violent psychopath to chat with the Emperors. Furthermore, these Quests ARE a bit more free-form than most, so that sort of thing is well within the bounds of the Quest.

To be clear: I am NOT trying to switch Quests/ditch my current QM in favor of another. I'm taking actions that are honest and in-character for my characters. Would I have liked for the parties to "party" together for a while? Absolutely, the interaction would have been excellent. Am I going to try to force it when the others don't want it? Hell no. I'm playing the best I can within a Quest I'm thoroughly enjoying, and frankly I resent the implication that I'm being ungrateful and trying to switch Quests. :hmpf_bad:

Oops, no offence intended. Was supposed to be joke, but I can see now how it could be interpreted otherwise. Sorry about that. :blush:

Great, you guys just made me order the shark's headpiece from Bricklink. Now to ask WBD for permission... What? order of things? who needs that!

Great, you guys just made me order the shark's headpiece from Bricklink. Now to ask WBD for permission... What? order of things? who needs that!

WBD is great about granting permissions for using things. He's great, I'd really love to QM alongside him one day.

...hmm... *scribble scribble*

Another question:

How many enmies do you like in your quests? the one I'm cooking up is most likely going to have a maximum of 10 enemy encounters - do you prefer high or low numbers?

Another question:

How many enmies do you like in your quests? the one I'm cooking up is most likely going to have a maximum of 10 enemy encounters - do you prefer high or low numbers?

That is way too many, it will take forever.

That is way too many, it will take forever.

If they're low-powered it won't be and think of the xp! :wub::grin:

Another question:

If they're low-powered it won't be and think of the xp! :wub::grin:

Exactly. :tongue::wub:

No, it would still longer. Most battles drag on because of people having to state their actions rather than the actual strength of the enemies.

Of course, if you have 1/1 health enemies and one bomb... :laugh:

Another question:

That might be a bit too many battles, though I greatly enjoyed Quest 4 and it had 10 battles, if my memories serves faithfully. I guess it depends on how you pass your quest and the area it spans. But I would suggest planning for only five or six battles, unless you are planning for a globe trotting adventure.

10 is the maximum. In what I have drafted there will be 7 required battles - 1 of them being a boss - the rest of them being optional. And even then, 1 or 2 battles may get the axe.

Edited by Endgame

No, it would still longer. Most battles drag on because of people having to state their actions rather than the actual strength of the enemies.

Of course, if you have 1/1 health enemies and one bomb... :laugh:

Unfortunately, it turns out to be a smoke bomb though. :tongue:

I've only had between 4 and 6 actual battles take place in my Quests. Of course, neither one ended with a big boss battle as they were optional. Optional battles are good because they can make for good role playing.

Also, Zepher, if the party are KOed do we fail the Quest?

...Make that 8 maximum! I've looked over my dunegon layout chart (Charts are the greatest joy in anyonone's life :laugh: ) and 2 battles had to take the axe - Partly because of input here, and because they would make the flow dicey in retrospect.