Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Well, here we go, 147ers... The last Endgame boss you'll ever see!

Are you sure there's not supposed to be a few more electric-type damages in there, instead of physical, what with all the electrocution and lightning? Heh

Edited by swils

Are you sure there's not supposed to be a few more electric-type damages in there, instead of physical, what with all the electrocution and lightning? Heh

I agree. Nobody makes nearly enough use of elemental damage and ether-using enemies.

I 100% agree. I think it's mostly because there's no benefit to designing an enemy with an elemental attack accept that it doesn't affect certain heroes. There's like no plus to it, you know? Which still, to be fair and balanced we should still try to do it, and I do, but it's hard to remember/justify crippling your own enemies from the outset without something to off-set it.

I was thinking maybe immunity to elements should be outright removed in favor of *Resistant to Fire, Water, etc* and maybe halve the specified damage instead. It would help at least to some degree.

Well, here we go, 147ers... The last Endgame boss you'll ever see!

But how long after the heroes defeated him in quest #48 did the Regret live on? :tongue:

I know I've complained about battles with one enemy and multiple limbs suiting as different enemies, but this style, though more difficult, actually seems much better for some reason. I think it's a good way of making the battle more challenging while also allowing any heroes attack to deal maximum damage.

:thumbup:

Edited by Palathadric

I was thinking maybe immunity to elements should be outright removed in favor of *Resistant to Fire, Water, etc* and maybe halve the specified damage instead. It would help at least to some degree.

That's what I've been contemplating a long time. The current elemental system just isn't very intuitive one. Some elements also have a clear advantage to others, so their effects on the enemy types should be altered.

I'll work on it some day soon.

That's what I've been contemplating a long time. The current elemental system just isn't very intuitive one. Some elements also have a clear advantage to others, so their effects on the enemy types should be altered.

I'll work on it some day soon.

I remember talking about that a long time ago, I think the verdict was that people are so used to the element system we already have. Pep M had some good ideas, I'll try to find them at some point.

"Well, Rebecca said she liked strong men, people who could handle their liquor and pious men."

Is it wrong that when you say this, I think "Pretzel"? :laugh:

It must be the first one... :look:

I thought it's kind of ridiculous for pious men to 'handle their liquor'. But that's just me. :innocent:

I just saw that post and came here to say the exact same thing. :laugh: :laugh:

I thought it's kind of ridiculous for pious men to 'handle their liquor'. But that's just me. :innocent:

You need to meet most of the girls on my FaceBook then. :laugh:

Quest 150: I may not get an update in tomorrow, I'm getting a new PC up and running. But you're all at about the end of your battles. :thumbup:

It's fine though, because it comes with a mouse, and it is absolutely maddening to try and run three concurrent battles when your mouse double-clicks half the time you just want to click once. :laugh:

It's fine though, because it comes with a mouse, and it is absolutely maddening to try and run three concurrent battles when your mouse double-clicks half the time you just want to click once. :laugh:

I had that problem a while back, can't recall during which quest, and it is absolutely absurdly annoying. :laugh:

I had that problem a while back, can't recall during which quest, and it is absolutely absurdly annoying. :laugh:

Exhibit A. :tongue: :tongue:

So all of the battle stats chose to double space themselves, and I don't know why. There's not even an option for that. :wacko:

Your tags need cleaning. Unfortunately, I'm going to be too busy through the weekend to try and fix it all up. :blush:

On that note, this weekend is the final Splatfest in Splatoon, which means 90% of my time is going to go towards playing it. I might miss an update or two, but I should be back to 100% on Monday or Tuesday.

Your tags need cleaning. Unfortunately, I'm going to be too busy through the weekend to try and fix it all up. :blush:

On that note, this weekend is the final Splatfest in Splatoon, which means 90% of my time is going to go towards playing it. I might miss an update or two, but I should be back to 100% on Monday or Tuesday.

I need to go back to Splatoon, I played only 10 hours of online and then I killed the DJ Boss and I was like "welp, ain't getting even better than that." :tongue:

Could a surplus of tags cause double spacing?

I need to go back to Splatoon, I played only 10 hours of online and then I killed the DJ Boss and I was like "welp, ain't getting even better than that." :tongue:

Could a surplus of tags cause double spacing?

Yes, absolutely. In general, excess tags play havoc with indentation and line breaks both, it's really bad. Generally, color transitions tend to introduce the most excess tags, but I've seen paragraph breaks and bold/indent formatting trigger them as well, particularly if the text has been copied and pasted into the rich-text editor from somewhere else (including copied and pasted within the editor itself).

Soo...I did a thing. I may have gone overboard. :blush:

Looooots of redlinks there, and more than a few sections where more photos would be nice. It'd be great if people could fill some of those in. :wink:

...dagnabbit. Curse you, excessive numbers of open tabs! :blush:

Soo...I did a thing. I may have gone overboard. :blush:

Looooots of redlinks there, and more than a few sections where more photos would be nice. It'd be great if people could fill some of those in. :wink:

...dagnabbit. Curse you, excessive numbers of open tabs! :blush:

Nice article. :thumbup: I always like going through some of the lore-based pages.

I know I'm late to the party, but I agree! As another point along the same lines, what if certain pieces of armor took extra damage from certain types?

I know I'm late to the party, but I agree! As another point along the same lines, what if certain pieces of armor took extra damage from certain types?

There's a drop like that in #148. :thumbup:

heroica-wintershield.jpgWinter Shield (SP:10, absorb ice but take double damage from fire; shield)

So, my schedule for the next few months is finally falling into place - will be busy but not too busy to start hosting again. Who is waiting around for a quest? Are there folks who need questing?

I have two very short ones in the pipeline, and then maybe my finale in the October-ish (no commitment to that!).