Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

So, are there any new quests people want to host? The Hall is getting crowded, so now would be a perfect time to send me your ideas. Again, just as long as you don't make it overly complicated or about Wolfgang robbing/kidnapping/murdering someone, you should get your idea through. :wink:

Also seems like the heroes from 140 haven't had their stats updated in the hall. :wink:

I haven't had the time to do that yet, sorry. :blush:

Which worries me. I really want Wolfgang reputation for Miderun but it's A. rare and B. never advertised outright.

With the Wolfgang's newly established ties to Heroica, you will start to see Wolfgang quests in the Hall. :wink:

If someone wants to fulfill their Wolf King Followers "recruit peeps" requirement, Arthur's an easy target at the moment. :laugh:

Recruiting player characters does not count, that would be cheating. :laugh:

/shrug, I'd settle for another power-group to tear through the Fields. :sceptic:

So, are there any new quests people want to host? The Hall is getting crowded, so now would be a perfect time to send me your ideas. Again, just as long as you don't make it overly complicated or about Wolfgang robbing/kidnapping/murdering someone, you should get your idea through. :wink:

Oh, does that mean that I can finally make my quest idea about the Guild of Invision trying out magic, the Ziegfrieds sharing their secrets, the Bonapartes using airships, the Ji Pei using ships and Hinckwells and Shadeaux joining to make a grand business? Great! :tongue:

Special: Nutritious Mix – Grants all allies a random positive effect: encouraged, hastened, lucky. On subsequent uses, grants an effect that the allies do not have.

I've had an idea for specials like this. Why not just make it say "Applies Chakra effects to all alies" instead of long texts like that? It basically means that it applies the chakra effects in their order.

Edited by Cutcobra

There may be a quick one-off from me soon. I'm having hosting withdrawals. :laugh:

I've got a quest mostly planned out, but I just started a new job and I've been working wonky hours. :wacko: I haven't been able to hammer out the last of the details, and I probably won't have much time to LDD many sets afterwards. I'll see what I can do, though!

Just an observation, but it seems like the faction threads have been pretty empty so far? Perhaps just because the current lot of heroes are on a quest?

Yeah, I know the questees of 130 have plans, but we want to get back. In character it doesn't make sense for Boomers to know about it.

136... have literally no idea how far into the quest we are. :laugh: But I don't think Bobby would be interested anyway. Maybe Wolfgang, especially if Kiray and Miderun go that way.

Would be interesting to see where different (non-faction) NPCs fall! I'll probably do something with that soon. :thumbup:

I think I'm more concerned about the king votes then anything. I can't think of a good king, though...

136... have literally no idea how far into the quest we are. :laugh:

That's a trend I've been noiticng in many quests as of late, actually? It's strange. Maybe it's just because my quests have blatantly obvious goals. :laugh:

Edited by Endgame

If you scroll down to page 17, it looks like we'll be getting 3 new color combinations of LEGO (Bat-man style, not classic) two-shade dragon wings next year! :wub::sweet:

(Lime green/green, Medium azure/purple, yellow orange/what looks like is trans-pink.)

EDIT: Bigger versions. Also, all of them come with a new pre-molded dragon head mold.

Re-EDIT: Edited out links because of rules regarding prelim-catalog pictures.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

it looks like we'll be getting 3 new color combinations of LEGO (Bat-man style, not classic) two-shade dragon wings next year! :wub::sweet:

(Lime green/green, Medium azure/purple, yellow orange/what looks like is trans-pink.)

EDIT: Bigger versions. Also, all of them come with a new pre-molded dragon head mold.

Maybe Lind wants to repaint his Netherwings? :tongue:

Man, I wish LDD could get cool stuff like that.

136... have literally no idea how far into the quest we are. :laugh: But I don't think Bobby would be interested anyway. Maybe Wolfgang, especially if Kiray and Miderun go that way.

Slightly more than halfway in the plot line, but the second half will be faster.

Updates for 136 coming soon, just finishing up on the sets. :classic:

Slightly more than halfway in the plot line, but the second half will be faster.

That has got to be the longest first-time-ever-as-a-host Quest we have had here :tongue: .

136... have literally no idea how far into the quest we are. :laugh:

That is better than I thought. I was thinking we were only a quarter or a third of the way done.

:thumbup: On the second part.

That has got to be the longest first-time-ever-as-a-host Quest we have had here :tongue: .

Definitely. :grin:

Whoever says you have to start small? I'm having a great time on the quest!

Good news :thumbup:

Just don't rush the sets though PJB, they're one of the highlights of the quest for me :classic:

Just don't rush the sets though PJB, they're one of the highlights of the quest for me :classic:

Definitely, the sets and the moding of the images are a beauty to watch.

Whoever says you have to start small? I'm having a great time on the quest!

I didn't mean anything negative by it. It was merely an observation :classic: . My hat off to PJB for all the work. The Quest has been a fun one to follow so far :thumbup: .

I didn't mean anything negative by it. It was merely an observation :classic: . My hat off to PJB for all the work. The Quest has been a fun one to follow so far :thumbup: .

Sorry I didn't mean to come off as accusive. I too was expecting the quest to be relatively quick, but I've been pleasantly surprised by how well it's gone so far!

If you're expecting the Crimson Serum to be some sort of instant win potion you're gonna be disappointed...but now I do have to go back and see what I told Sandy it actually does. :tongue:

It's not so much NPCs I like. It's more a question of balance. Generally when I balance a boss-level opponent I don't think "would this be a fair fight for just one of the heroes in the party" I think more along the line of "is this a fair fight for the entire party". And in this case you only have half of your party, even if you go all in with the members you have with you. :laugh:

So what you are saying is that the East heroes need to hurry up and reach baltarok already?

Or that Zane was never supposed to be fought? :wacko:

I want to sign up for #143, and spend some more time hanging with Sandman - I mean, Gabriel - but I don't know if my schedule will permit. :sceptic:

It's a four to five week quest, I expect. And keep in mind I thought 138 would be two and a half months. :laugh:

143 is very short.

It's a four to five week quest, I expect. And keep in mind I thought 138 would be two and a half months. :laugh:

143 is very short.

It's not the quest length, it's whether or not I'll have Internet... :sceptic: And if I don't, when I will have it again... Edited by Lind Whisperer