Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

White Lions

indexed.gif

The White Lions

Leader of this faction is the son of the Queen, Richard. The castle lies close to the forest where the Forestmen lives. Today the soldiers and knights are practising and Richard himself is watching and giving tips.

Hope you like it!

de Gothia

img_0628mod.jpg

img_0608mod.jpg

img_0612mod.jpg

img_0611mod.jpg

img_0619mod.jpg

img_0622mod.jpg

img_0638mod.jpg

img_0633mod.jpg

more pics here when modded: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=480800

Another AWESOME castle from yourself there 'de Gothia', great stonework and the sandpit for the big boys to play in too ! :grin:

Brick On 'de Gothia' ! :grin:

This is a nice little manor house you've constructed here. The mottling is well done and the landscape is quite pleasing to the eye. The curved stairway in the courtyard is also very attractive. I do think that the back wall could stand to be a few bricks taller but this is a very minor point as the whole MOC is quite pleasing to the eye.

That really is a great Castle 'de Gothia'! :thumbup:

I wish I could make castles like that.

All of the little details really add something to the MOC. I especially like the way you put in the ducks from the Market Village set, and the Log bridge over the river/moat. :classic:

The interior looks great too, you did the doors and windows perfectly. :wink:

Lovely build.

The landscaping is fantastic and flows around the castle nicely. well done! :thumbup:

This is beautiful. I like that grand tree and the men practicing in the yard. The area over the portcullis is nicely detailed. The stairs are very nice. And the red roofing really worked out well here; it really helps to break up the grayness, as do the tan bricks. The landscaping is fantastic too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Who's that guy hiding behind the tree? What's he up to?

(Your brickshelf photos link says "This folder is not yet public.")

Thank you for the kind words! :classic:

The wall in the back is supposed to be a little lower. I imagine Marions castle/manor in Robin Hood Prince of the Thieves.

Hehe, the guy behind the tree is actually a large dwarf from the new minifig serie. Took of the beard, gave him tall legs and a hairpiece and he was great! The garden gnomes hat is perfect for the Forestmen and I´m quite happy how he turned out! :laugh:

I have to agree, the curved staircase is excellent. Even if I can see part of the Hand of god in that picture. :tongue:

As smaller castles lacking huge towers or lots of rooms inside go, this is one of my favorites. :wub:

Great castle. I like the red roof the most, it works so well with the rest of it. The landscaping is well done also. I can't wait to see more!

This is brilliant, I love the feeling of life in your creation, I also love the steps, thanks for creating it :thumbup:

Thanks again! :blush::sweet:

Hehe, the hand of God, I saw that to late.. :classic: A thumb in the eye for me! :wink:

Now I´m cleaning my Lego attic so I can be in there! :classic: My next faction will be built after that..

Very nice fortified structure you have there, de Gothia! :thumbup: The red roofs really give the buildings some pop and the landscaping is great too. I quite like the way you've used the hinge bricks for decoration as well. I was wondering though... what are the slits low down on the walls for? They look too low for arrow slits. Drainage perhaps?

ps. I love the gnome cap on the forestman. Well played, it looks perfect!

Awesome castle! It has a well solid look all over it, seems a safe place to stay to me when trapped in medieval. :devil:

However, I can see you put some nice detail in thuis build. The windows, the (lovely!) stairs, the people all around it at work, the use of both tan, bley as dark bley pieces... awesome job!

This is a beautiful design, the colours complement each other and you have some lovely touches like the curved staircase. Great work :classic:

Beautiful landscaping and an awesome castle. I love the details on the walls and the little ducks swimming in the brook!

Lovely castle/manor! It's a great build packed full with details. I like the mottling you used on the walls and the fact that you kind of used the same colour scheme LEGO uses for their Lion Knights, so it fits right in with LEGO sets :tongue: . My favourite detail of all is probably the Forestman winking at the towngirl :classic: .

EDIT Aren't the arrow slits (that's what I presume they are) supposed to be higher? Doesn't really make a lot sense to me to have the slits that low :sceptic: .

Edited by KhoRne

Thanks again! I´m glad you all like it!

Well, as some of you have pointed out the arrowslits are a little low. I built the whole castle and landscape in modules. Which means that the castle was done before the landscape was. The arrows slits are that low because I wanted to break up the wall a bit and avoid the Big Gray Wall Syndrome. When the landscape came on to the castle they were even lower!!

Beautiful castle de Gothia! I love the entrance with a bridge, and the inner side of the castle also looks cool.

A very live creation! :classic:

Excellent! You've really captured the romantic aspects of the fortified country house splendidly.

Others have described it very well, but the mottling and mixing of the walls and landscape are brilliant. I particularly like the semi-gothic paired windows in the front facing oriel on the parapet.

Lovely!

A really nice creation de Gothia. Some suggestions I would add would be some 1x1 round plates and 1x1 plate and tiles in the castle courtyard to break up the surface somewhat, and the use of the tan 1x4 bricks are a bit distracting, they would work better if they were thinner plating in the same colour scattered around. Great job nonetheless and very inspiring.

Thanks guys! Really means alot! :classic: I couldn´t keep my fingers away from my Lego when I was sorting it so the Forestmen moc should be done in a couple of days... :blush:

I Scream Clone: Funny you mentioned it. I´ve discussed it back on Swebrick and we thought that it would be better with just plates highlighting the tan and dark gray. So it´s an advice I´m carring on to my next castle. The courtyard yes, it actually looks a bit dull when you see it on the pics but my intention was to make it look very clean. But as you say it could have been more livilier with 1x1 bricks. Appriciate your thoughts! :classic: