XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

I'm guessing everyone was so distracted by the epicness, they didn't notice Obi Wan had the green lightsaber and Qui Gon had the blue one :P

Typical failure at a toy fair set up. :laugh:

It looks like a scoped pistol with a black lightsaber handle on the end.

Nope. The scope is in the wrong place for a scoped pistol, it looks more like a rifle with the rod sawed off up to the scope with a lightsaber handle on the end. New piece? :wub_drool:

Not sure where you see printed legs, I just see sand blue. :wacko:

If you look at his legs, they are a bit blurred. That is the printing.

Boba_2012.png

EDIT: Above: Dang it, you beat me to it. :tongue: Now what?

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Nope. The scope is in the wrong place for a scoped pistol, it looks more like a rifle with the rod sawed off up to the scope with a lightsaber handle on the end. New piece? :wub_drool:

The blaster pistol is the small one that was introduced in the Mandalorian battlepack and has a black lightsaber handle on the end,

plus Boba Fett's legs are clearly printed.

These look great so far, but I want to see the SWTOR sets. Not sure if I can buy much with LOTR 'n all, but I hope the rest of the figures are good as well.

Also, has anybody noticed that Boba now has 2 capes? I don't really get why they did that, but it must've been a mistake... Mistake number ...? I lost count..

~ General Magma

:wub_drool:

Okay, I see the printed legs now, and the short pistol w/ lightsaber handle.

One thing, though; why does Boba have two shoulder capes? As far as I know, he only has one in the movie. :wacko:

And has ayone else noticed what appears to be a clothe robe on Luke? :wub:

Thanks for the photos CM4S :thumbup:

The sub doesn’t look that much of an improvement on the old one, and I’ll be giving that one a miss. However, the Skiff looks really good and a lot more detailed than I expected. I can see this in the £25-30 price bracket; it will be one to buy for me.

I love the new Boba :wub::wub: - finally a chance to get printed legs without having to spend £100+ on a Cloud City version!!

Nice! I think the Gungan Sub might still be slightly preliminary though, I think there's more blue on the front...

Jabba is interesting. While the printing is nice, he does look a bit like his Clone Wars version.

The summer wave looks really good I think I'm defiantly going to buy the Jedi starfighter and skiff. Then I might purchase jabbas palace and the gungan sub but I think i will have to wait and see what palpatines arrest looks like first.

I love Jabba's Palace even more having seen that video.

And the Gungan Sub also looks much better than was shown in the retailers' catalog. I was very worried that the domes would be completely spherical. Even now it's still not perfect, but it is an update, and the Bongo was a set that desperately needed one.

Love the new Gungan Sub. It looks much sleeker than the original and Queen Amidala is one of the best figures to date. I'm a bit disapointed Obi-Wan is using the classic male hair again instead of a new Padawan hairpiece. If they weren't going to bother with a new mold then what was the point of giving us a hooded version in the podrace set?

Desert Skiff looks OK for now. Need to wait for more detailed pics. Boba Fett looks nice though, and I'm hoping this new designed Jedi Luke opens the doors to a Death Star II version down the road.

Jabba's Palace keeps looking better and better! :wub:

:wub_drool:

Okay, I see the printed legs now, and the short pistol w/ lightsaber handle.

One thing, though; why does Boba have two shoulder capes? As far as I know, he only has one in the movie. :wacko:

And has ayone else noticed what appears to be a clothe robe on Luke? :wub:

Perhaps they're using two capes to cover up his printed arms?! :tongue:

Jabba's Place: :wub_drool: :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

Desert Skiff: :wub:

Gungan Sub: :wub_drool:

I think this describes my feelings in the best way I possibly could. :laugh::wub_drool:

I think that they may be replacing sand green with olive green. Sand green was the last remaining sand color.

How many brightly-colored characters (aside from Clones, stormies, etc) are there in SW? Not many.

Sand Green actually wasn't the last remaining sand color. Sand Green and Sand Blue are still on the palette-- Sand Green appears quite prominently in the Minifigures Series 6 Statue of Liberty (and in Boba Fett's helmet), and Sand Blue appears on this year's Bruce Wayne minifigure and last year's Medical Droid and Captain Panaka figures. Both Sand Green and Sand Blue were used in Pirates of the Caribbean last year as well. Even if both went away we'd still have an additional "sand" color: Sand Yellow, more commonly known to AFOLs as Dark Tan.

Anyway, Jabba's Palace is brilliant. A lot of people complain about location sets being framework-like and not very substantial, but Jabba's Palace is anything but! I kind of wish the outer wall of the "throne room" were more round, but understandably they probably couldn't do much better without making it all one piece, which I'm sure not many people would have preferred.

The Desert Skiff also looks amazing and makes great use of that curved helicopter slope piece on the front. The Gungan Sub, likewise, is epic, even though I have a fondness for the old one that I'm desperate to rid myself of. (for crying out loud, it was terribly blocky and there's no reason it should separate into three sections!) The new windscreen in it looks useful.

Finally, I notice the Obi-Wan Kenobi figure from the Gungan Sub has his Padawan braid printed on the torso! It's a nice touch since I believe that was absent from the version in last year's Sith Infiltrator set.

Wow thanks for the video prateek, the new skiff overall seems to be an improvement over old skiffs though far from perfect, they seemed to have skimped on bricks for the rear wings, I see myself taking some parts from this set and substitute in my MOC of this

The presenter seem to be having an orgasm during Jabba's Palace 'Oh, Oh, Oh...Ooooohhhhh......' hahaha

I have to agree with K-nut...

Jabba's Place: :wub_drool:

Desert Skiff: :wub:

Gungan Sub: :wub_drool:

As much as I love all these new pieces and amazing printing, it almost seems like to much. Jabba's Palace looks magnificent, and I hope the Gungan Sub comes with that spinning function!

Wow, I'm just stunned by all of those new minfigures. I can't wait for the NY Toyfair, let's see some good pictures! :moar: