KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

7 hours ago, ChrisGTA said:

Finally ordered the UCS MF. Plan to use the double points toward the new UCS Y wing and get a second BB8 too. Unfortunately the points aren't showing up on my account yet. 

once your MF is dispatched you'll get the VIP points on your account

12 hours ago, ChrisGTA said:

Finally ordered the UCS MF. Plan to use the double points toward the new UCS Y wing and get a second BB8 too. Unfortunately the points aren't showing up on my account yet. 

Points will show up once the order sent so not sure if you will be able to get the y wing before the end of May the fourth deal... 

I finally bought the U-Wing at my local LEGO Store, and ordered Krennic’s Shuttle from the online one, giving me two more of the Rogue One sets, plus what should be two copies of the BB-8 promo. Hooray!

6 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Points will show up once the order sent so not sure if you will be able to get the y wing before the end of May the fourth deal... 

Does the double VIP points only apply to the Lego Shop online?  Or will it be honored at actual brick & mortar Lego Shop stores as well?

3 hours ago, bricks360 said:

Does the double VIP points only apply to the Lego Shop online?  Or will it be honored at actual brick & mortar Lego Shop stores as well?

lego store and lego online shop only

I recently purchased the NYCC 2017 Exclusive of Fett & Han Solo in Carbonite.  

Here's a video of my speed build if interested!

I had a speeder buying spree for two weeks haha.  Made use of the Imperial battle packs/speeder to make my own barricade and speeder stop.

27050320097_cb9352454a_k.jpg

27050321047_ef7d792475_k.jpg

27050319437_16eb0eeff5_z.jpg

On 5/5/2018 at 9:20 PM, bricks360 said:

I recently purchased the NYCC 2017 Exclusive of Fett & Han Solo in Carbonite.  

Here's a video of my speed build if interested!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?  Seems prices are ridiculous for that set.  Are there many preprinted parts?  I had contemplated buying the parts and building it but wondering how close it would be to the correct version.  

Well it had to be done, I didnt have one in the collection so....added the Y-Wing

41080479575_262faeac2c_o.jpg

Edited by Ether

Bought the Moloch's Speeder set and the Cantina set because I both saw them at great price.

Also bought 40x phase II clone trooper from bricklink, from the same seller. If you guys are wondering who the lucky guy was that got 40 for €2.50, yeah, that was me :grin:

4 hours ago, Ether said:

Well it had to be done, I didnt have one in the collection so....added the Y-Wing

Nice collection! And you picked the right cabinet, it all fits so well!

Got the First Order Heavy Scout Walker 75177 at Walmart for $11.  The box had been messed with, one of the employees let me open the box to check the contents.  All four bags were there, but the instructions were missing.  They taped it back up and I bought it.  I'm assuming there are no stickers in that set, correct?

2 hours ago, JPN366 said:

Got the First Order Heavy Scout Walker 75177 at Walmart for $11.  The box had been messed with, one of the employees let me open the box to check the contents.  All four bags were there, but the instructions were missing.  They taped it back up and I bought it.  I'm assuming there are no stickers in that set, correct?

Good deal!

Check on bricklink but from what I remember no there are no stickers. 

Edited by Space_jaco

3 hours ago, Space_jaco said:

Good deal!

Check on bricklink but from what I remember no there are no stickers. 

I downloaded the PDF instructions, obviously, and saw no indication of stickers through the build.

On 08/05/2018 at 8:04 PM, Ether said:

I absolutely love that shelf. Looks great for legos display. 

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

Almost completed my DS wanted list with Tarkin, Imperial Astromech and all officers. Now I'm only missing Leia :sweet:

On 08/05/2018 at 8:04 PM, Ether said:

Where did you get this awesome shelf. Looking for a good shelf that fits the collection and this looks amazing and fits the taller sets really well

Edited by Peppermint_M
Don't quote pictures

My local dealer has 15% off for LEGO, so i bought 75208 Yoda's Hut for €25,49.

This was my most frustrating LEGO build ever. If you apply a little too much pressure, it tends to shatter spectacularly, sending pieces everywhere. Had to rebuild it twice after steps 60 and 65. Now i'm down 1x 4211183 and even worse 1x 6172808, both in brown. I hope i can hear those pieces rattling in my vacuum tomorrow. Since i bought the set mainly for the figures it's not such a big deal, but be warned.

I was saving up money and finally decided on buying the 75211 Tie-Fighter yesterday for 69,99 €, as an early birthday gift for myself. I allways wanted an OT Tie-Fighter and this one is just perfect for me. I had a really great time building it and I just love this set, thats why I also payed the full price. The minifigs are great to, especially the Mimban-Stormtrooper, but the main reason for buying it, was the Tie-Fighter itself.

Edited by Daimar

Finally I got the USD Slave I from Lego online during the 4/5 promotion. I was a bit shocked seeing at the same page the Slave I at €199,99 and the new Kessel run MF at €174,99 *huh*. The new MF is waaay too expensive, sigh! :cry_sad:

Edited by dvogon

19 minutes ago, dvogon said:

Finally I got the USD Slave I from Lego online during the 4/5 promotion. I was a bit shocked seeing at the same page the Slave I at €199,99 and the new Kessel run MF at €174,99 *huh*. The new MF is waaay too expensive, sigh! :cry_sad:

UCS :laugh:

I picked up Moloch's speeder today.  Looking forward to the build, but also afterwards I'm looking forward to having some of the great parts, the Moloch minifigure, and the Corellian Hounds.

The latest Lego Star Wars magazine, with a mini... Quadjumper. The whole ship is an elaborate joke, and this is just cheap enough to be funny.

On 11/05/2018 at 1:58 PM, Daimar said:

I was saving up money and finally decided on buying the 75211 Tie-Fighter yesterday for 69,99 €, as an early birthday gift for myself. I allways wanted an OT Tie-Fighter and this one is just perfect for me. I had a really great time building it and I just love this set, thats why I also payed the full price. The minifigs are great to, especially the Mimban-Stormtrooper, but the main reason for buying it, was the Tie-Fighter itself.

I did get one too at 10% off, all 4 mini-figs are solid and ''massable'' if it wasn't priced so high. Very different printing for the helmets for both the Tie Pilot and Mimban Storm Trooper, I wonder if Lego is planning on modifying the print on their standard storm trooper helmets after this too.

Tie fighters are not the most exciting builds by a long shot but the end product is very nice. I may very well end up with a second one if it's ever graced with a 30% off on amazon.