Bonaparte

10218 Pet Shop

I like your stop motion video. How often did you take a photo?

It appears that you might have taken a photo after each step or maybe two.

I am looking forward to the remainder of your videos on the Pet Shop.

Andy D

Thank you Andy D!

Actually I took a picture every at every step but I guess a good movie would need a picture every brick... anyway, off topic... but I might try for the Pet Shop though...

I must say this is a real pleasure to build, the outside lamp on the terrace, the mosaic window on top floor, spiral stairs, toilet, flowers, the paint on the second floor wall, a lot of nice and creative details, some nice building techniques as well, a definitely must have!!!

I repeat it again but two 16 wide stud houses really add value to the set...!!!! Thanks Jamie and TLG!

Edited by SwissBrick

I keep going back and forth with this one. I wasn't wowed by the first leaked shots, really warmed up to it once the official press release came out, but now that I have it and have built it I leveled off somewhere inbetween. I think this is the first set that looks better in photos than it does in real life. There are just a lot of awkward things about this one (the way the third floor of the townhouse overhangs the floor under it is extremely clumsy to me) and they feel more like the Creator line than the official modulars.

Still, I am glad to have something that breaks up the scale of the line, both in width and height. My least favorite in the line thus far, but still a solid effort.

Thank you Andy D!

Actually I took a picture every at every step but I guess a good movie would need a picture every brick... anyway, off topic... but I might try for the Pet Shop though...

I must say this is a real pleasure to build, the outside lamp on the terrace, the mosaic window on top floor, spiral stairs, toilet, flowers, the paint on the second floor wall, a lot of nice and creative details, some nice building techniques as well, a definitely must have!!!

I repeat it again but two 16 wide stud houses really add value to the set...!!!! Thanks Jamie and TLG!

I am looking forward to building as well. It is just sitting in the box in my LEGO room. Just no time. Maybe next week.

BTW: I think one photo per step Is fine. One per brick would take all the fun out of the build.

Thanks for posting this.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Does anyone have an idea of when they think this set will be available elsewhere? Like Amazon.com for example...Does anyone remember the exclusivity time-line for Grand Emporium and Fire Brigade?

Has anyone else noticed the tiny difference between the photos of the house and the instructions? The box art has flowers on the front of the top storey of the brown house, whereas there's nothing for this in the instructions - but fortunately they give you all the parts you need to correct the error in the box :)

I just picked this up today! I can't wait to start building it.

I think this is my #1 favourite modular house, because it's 2 houses.

First pics I saw, I wasn't too keen on.

'Official release' pics changed my mind. They made the set look MUCH better.

Seeing in 'live and in person' on Saturday firmed my decision...I WILL be getting this set, probably 'sooner' rather than 'later'.

I still think the townhouse is the weaker of the two but, the pet shop looks so nice that I don't really care THAT much about the townhouse.

Any building instructions available online yet for this beauty ? I love to build it in LDD and add it to the other buildings.

This is amazing! I really want this! I especially like the fish tank. Thanks for posting :classic:

Edited by Glitch System

Has anyone else noticed the tiny difference between the photos of the house and the instructions? The box art has flowers on the front of the top storey of the brown house, whereas there's nothing for this in the instructions - but fortunately they give you all the parts you need to correct the error in the box :)

Yeah I had noticed that. I kept looking and knew something was missing, but it took me a while to work it out. Tired brain.

I'm really pleased with the set. I was going to wait until later in the year to get it, but I had a day spare so drove to Westfield to buy it. 100 mile round trip was a bit silly as I could have bought it from the website and paid shipping costs which would still have been cheaper than petrol and parking, but I got a bit childish and wanted it straight away! A few nice details and an enjoyable build. Much better in real life than the pictures.

I've decided upon seeing the pictures and comments that I will eventually buy this set. I'm thinking of getting the Grand Emporium soon, but undecided about the fire brigade..

I've decided upon seeing the pictures and comments that I will eventually buy this set. I'm thinking of getting the Grand Emporium soon, but undecided about the fire brigade..

You only have a few months to wait on this one. I expect it will be gone this fall, definably by Christmas. The build of the FB is actually very good. If you have the $$ I would recommend the set.

I'll add another 'yes' to purchasing the Fire Brigade. It's a great build, and I was impressed with it once completed. You will only regret not getting it! If you really don't like it I'm sure you would be able to sell it again once it is discontinued.

So I bought the Pet Shop tuesday and finished building rather quickly. I have to admit that I am a little bit underwhelmed. There aren´t as many advanced building techniques as in the previous sets and the facade work is not as tricky as the previous ones. Even the furniture, while a LOT more as in the previous sets, isn´t as cool as in the other ones.

But, the minifigs and accessories are really nice. And it blends in very well with the other modular buildings, while allowing for several appartment buildings in a row. All in all, I´d rate it 6 of 10 stars.

I bought this set today and in my opinion it is a great addition to the modular street!

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised by the part coloring: I have three shades of brown in my set. Also one of the parrots is almost completely red, only a small part (1 mm2) is colored green. Although pictures and instructions show parrots that are more like half red/half green, mine only have some green on the tail (the second parrot has some more green than the first one, but still not like 50%. The parrots look completely red from the front). Do more people have this issue, or is this a failure in this specific part and should I contact customer service?

Last but not least, a bicycle wheel was missing, which of course can happen with a set that has so many pieces as this one, so I contacted customer services on that one.

I have to admit that I am a bit surprised by the part coloring: I have three shades of brown in my set. Also one of the parrots is almost completely red, only a small part (1 mm2) is colored green. Although pictures and instructions show parrots that are more like half red/half green, mine only have some green on the tail (the second parrot has some more green than the first one, but still not like 50%. The parrots look completely red from the front). Do more people have this issue, or is this a failure in this specific part and should I contact customer service?

It's totally random colouring, so it is possible, but very rare, to get a monochrome parrot. If it's bothering you that much, go ahead and contact customer service.

I just finished mine. It was a pleasure building. Ok, maybe not as complicated as the other modular buildings but still there are a lot of nice techniques used.

It is a great set and it looks really nice next to my other modular buildings. I am happy :classic:

---

---

Yes my parrots also only have a green tail. It doesn't bother me so much though. What I found more annoying was the different shades of brown. Now I know a slight colour difference can happen between different types of bricks. But in this case even the same type of bricks have different shades. I could clearly distinghuish at least two shades. One a bit lighter and dull. The other a bit darker and more shiny.

And yes also the flowers on the top floor on the the front of the house are not in the manual but do appear in the pictures. I am still in doubt to put the flowers there or not...

Here is the second part of my video "stop motion" review:

And here is:

A pleasure to build!

Edited by SwissBrick

My wife just bought me the Pet Shop and the Lighthouse today, so I'm opening the Pet Shop box as we speak...type. :)

Lucky lad, let us know what you think of it :)

I bought the set the Thursday after the release received it on Saturday and had a BALL building it. I don't think the pictures really do it any justice at all. It is so much better in person.

Here are the links to the instructions!

Book 1

instructions.gif

Book 2

instructions.gif

They are not up yet, :cry_sad: but should be shortly!

enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Hi Grogall,

Instructions still not uploaded.

Do you have any idea how long in normaly takes after release before Lego releases them online?

Henri