r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

If you want to talk video game CMFs, Mario or Sonic are obvious picks based on how popular those franchises are.

On 7/2/2023 at 8:11 PM, jonwil said:

If you want to talk video game CMFs, Mario or Sonic are obvious picks based on how popular those franchises are.

Maybe not Mario. There are not a lot of human characters (Princess Peach, Mario, Luigi, Daisy, Wario, Wluigi). Jus t not enough for CMF slots. 

So. How about Kingdom Hearts?

I have no interest in CMF Marvel Series 2 except for Lucky the pizza dog, an owl and a few minifigure as far as i heard. 

So I’m so ready for a regular CMF series 25 next year (to clarify, there is no rumor yet)!

2 hours ago, Lion King said:

So I’m so ready for a regular CMF series 25 next year (to clarify, there is no rumor yet)!

Yep, i'm ready for that CMF too. I found a store that sells minifigures unboxed so one can pick the desired figs without paying for unwanted ones. It's 1.5 hour train ride and then subway (or walk 30min) but for some nice historic minifigs i'll travel that far :pir_laugh2:

The first official CMF single box just leaked..... 

What a day.........

Instagram chatter is saying that the next minifig series will be S25! No idea who or what will be in it though, but at least it should be a "regular" series.

5 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Is there any info about future Harry Potter CMF, or this ship is already gone?

Nothing at the moment. We don’t even know anything about next year for sure yet, although there’s apparently rumors about the January release being unlicensed - which would fit after getting two licensed series in a row. But not a peep about what licenses next year might hold. We almost certainly won’t see a repeat of this year’s licenses (we’ve never got the same two years in a row iirc), but there’s no telling whether we’d see series 2 or 3 from a previous license or something entirely new. Unlike some other people, I think that a Harry Potter series 3 is possible - there’s enough material for it, especially since the cut the number of characters down to 12, and it’s a popular theme that lego can legally sell individual figs for (sorry Star Wars fans). But ultimately which licensed series are made is determined by Lego’s legal and marketing departments deciding what they can sell us and who will sell them the right to make it. 

24 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

it’s a popular theme that lego can't legally sell individual figs for (sorry Star Wars fans)

I'm hopeful that the move to blind boxes might actually help with that issue. In theory, the boxes should be able to hold more pieces (like how the Video boxes had the stands/printed tiles). For series after this Marvel one, I hope that we might be able to get small side builds with some of these blind boxes to help justify them a little bit. For example, maybe Yoda comes with enough pieces to make his jedi council chair. Han comes with an Advent Calendar-sized Falcon. It might be enough to skirt that rule to have it happen. Not that I really want or need a Star Wars series, but maybe S25 can use this idea. A street vendor with a small cart; a farmer with some fences/water trough; a water cooler and bench for an athlete; a computer and desk for a gamer; and so on.

Sure, it probably won't happen, but a man can dream!

9 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I'm hopeful that the move to blind boxes might actually help with that issue. In theory, the boxes should be able to hold more pieces (like how the Video boxes had the stands/printed tiles). For series after this Marvel one, I hope that we might be able to get small side builds with some of these blind boxes to help justify them a little bit. For example, maybe Yoda comes with enough pieces to make his jedi council chair. Han comes with an Advent Calendar-sized Falcon. It might be enough to skirt that rule to have it happen. Not that I really want or need a Star Wars series, but maybe S25 can use this idea. A street vendor with a small cart; a farmer with some fences/water trough; a water cooler and bench for an athlete; a computer and desk for a gamer; and so on.

Sure, it probably won't happen, but a man can dream!

The sad thing is the rumors kept claiming that was already happening in this Marvel series and now that the full pictures have dropped it cleared just hasn’t. Echo, Storm and Beast have significantly few accessory pieces than rumored and there’s no sign yet that Moon Knight and Mr. Knight come with alternate heads+hair. There’s really nothing in this series that couldn’t have fit in the old bags, so the likelihood that lego will be doing anything with the boxes beyond checking off another step towards sustainability is getting slim. But who knows, maybe an unlicensed series will push the boundaries a bit. I do think it’s worth remembering that the quality control lego must have for packaging means that the boxes would be required to have a certain amount of empty space, so it’s hard to say if we’re actually looking at any appreciable increase in volume from the bags. 

Just saw falconfan’s post that we might get a dedicated space CMF series next May….I HOPE its true but given its May I could easily see it being Star Wars.

But a throwback series dedicated to a classic theme each…holy eff I’d buy so many. Give me castle!!

6 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Just saw falconfan’s post that we might get a dedicated space CMF series next May….I HOPE its true but given its May I could easily see it being Star Wars.

But a throwback series dedicated to a classic theme each…holy eff I’d buy so many. Give me castle!!

Why not a series with one figure from each theme of the past like Power Miners or Space Police III, that would sell much better in my eyes

*Cough cough* Tahu Minifigure *Cough cough*

29 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

If Lego had finally finagled their way around the action figure exclusivity contract that prevents Star Wars CMFs I really doubt this is how we’d find out. 

More likely is that lego realizes that a bunch of us are only interested in specific genres that appear in the numbered series, and might be reticent about buying true blind boxes when we can’t try to specifically get what we want. An obvious possible solution to keep AFOLs buying CMFs is themed unlicensed series. 

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

What!? SPACE CMF???!!!! OMFG I am so unbelievably hyped right now!!!!! Do we know if this is Series 25 or Series 26? The May release date suggests S26, since S25 will probably come out in January - And I second your request for an all-Castle series, as well as a Pirates series! 

What do we know about the lineup? I suspect that it will be a combination of remakes, new concepts, and add-ons (new CS spaceman colour is a lock). 

@danth!!! 

1 hour ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Why not a series with one figure from each theme of the past like Power Miners or Space Police III, that would sell much better in my eyes

Yeah, that would be amazing, tbh. There'd be much speculation from such a set as well, I imagine it'd be a hot topic of conversation with everyone trying to guess what gets used. :grin:

31 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

What!? SPACE CMF???!!!! OMFG I am so unbelievably hyped right now!!!!! Do we know if this is Series 25 or Series 26? The May release date suggests S26, since S25 will probably come out in January - And I second your request for an all-Castle series, as well as a Pirates series! 

What do we know about the lineup? I suspect that it will be a combination of remakes, new concepts, and add-ons (new CS spaceman colour is a lock). 

@danth!!! 

The post lists the January release 71045 as “Series 25” and the May release 71046 simply as “Space” so I imagine this is separate from the standard numbered series. 

41 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The post lists the January release 71045 as “Series 25” and the May release 71046 simply as “Space” so I imagine this is separate from the standard numbered series. 

Interesting - So this is an unnumbered themed Series like the German National Team or Team GB? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Interesting - So this is an unnumbered themed Series like the German National Team or Team GB? 🤔

From what I remember those sports series didn’t take up a normal cmf ‘slot’ and since they represented real people they would legally be licensed. This seems to be more like the series based off the various Lego Movies, technically a Lego property but filling one of the three yearly cmf slots that would normally have gone to a licensed property. 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@danth!!! 

Thanks, wow, I don't know what to think yet. Cautiously optimistic!

3 minutes ago, danth said:

Thanks, wow, I don't know what to think yet. Cautiously optimistic!

I am more than just cautiously optimistic - There is really no way that this will be bad! We usually only get 1-2 space-related Minifigs in any given CMF Series, so as long as there are two or more good Minifigs, it will be a better series for Space than any before! 

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am more than just cautiously optimistic - There is really no way that this will be bad! We usually only get 1-2 space-related Minifigs in any given CMF Series, so as long as there are two or more good Minifigs, it will be a better series for Space than any before! 

If it really happens, and it's Space, not City Space or something dumb, then it'll be awesome.