r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

On 3/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, DarrellBricker said:

I look at Madame Sprout's hat/hair combo and immediately think of "Mother Goose" or "Little Old Lady Who Lived In a Shoe," something fairytale-esque like that.

Oooooh, excellent reusage idea there!!! :thumbup: :sweet:

19 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

A glimpse of the Harry Potter centaur has leaked. Hopefully it gets recolored in the CMF line, like Hermione's hair.

Hmmm, it's still quite irking that a licensed theme would have the honors of being the first to provide such a long-desired archetype... :sadnew:

Can anyone tell me if any of the figures from DC Super Heroes 71026 are the '60s version from the '60s TV series?

14 minutes ago, kelceycoe said:

Can anyone tell me if any of the figures from DC Super Heroes 71026 are the '60s version from the '60s TV series?

Nope. There are characters that have OG designs (like 1939 Batman), but none of them are based on 1960s series.

Marvel, Star wars, Nintendo and Harry Potter now we know what cmf  series we will have in the next 5-10 years. ok then 

Edited by 1Panda

Oh wow, that is spectacular news! Oh man, these are gonna cost me a lot. The last series I bought all of was Disney Series 1. Maybe I'll resist Star Wars, but not Marvel. Wonder which one they'll make first.

Eh, Marvel, sure, but I'd prefer not to be burning up CMF waves with slight variants and improvements of characters we've gotten in sets multiple times over the years. Yeah, I'm talking about you, LEGO Star Wars.

Edited by K_Tiger

9 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Eh, Marvel, sure, but I'd prefer not to be burning up CMF waves with slight variants and improvements of characters we've gotten in sets multiple times over the years. Yeah, I'm talking about you, LEGO Star Wars.

Honestly is there a licensed CMF series where they don't just upgrade or change existing characters (also make different variations of existing characters) and also give us some new characters? That's just how licensed CMF work. Of course some of them have lots of new characters and some of them have a lot of variants for existing ones.

The thing with Star Wars is that there aren't a ton of costume changes where main characters are concerned, especially ones not already covered by 20+ years of LEGO sets. I'm sure there are a few aliens that this opens the door to (Tonnika Sisters never ever), so there is that. It might be different if the brain trust at Lucas Film hadn't dumped 30 years of EU canon, but I digress. 

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hasbro and Disney have a new deal.
This means CMF of SW and Marvel now can happen.

I've never been a big fan of these licensed CMF series, but my boy would love Star Wars so much that I am totally sure it'd sell like hot-cakes.

Thanks for this great news @Itaria No Shintaku!

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

The thing with Star Wars is that there aren't a ton of costume changes where main characters are concerned, especially ones not already covered by 20+ years of LEGO sets. I'm sure there are a few aliens that this opens the door to (Tonnika Sisters never ever), so there is that. It might be different if the brain trust at Lucas Film hadn't dumped 30 years of EU canon, but I digress. 

I thought exactly the same. Revan, Bastila and Malak would be great figures. Kotor is a mile stone in videogame history. A Wookie-Jedi would be such a cute and funny figure that it would be popular even if you don't know the books. Delta-Squad-Commandos yould sell well... Now there will be probably stuff like Kylo in Leggins without shirt... :sick:

I'm starting to think Series 20 might have been the last regular one 

Marvel and Star Wars can have like at least 3 series each

I can see Disney getting at least one more. Same with Harry Potter

Depending on how the DC Comics series did, that one might get another one

It seems there are not a lot of spots left

23 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I thought exactly the same. Revan, Bastila and Malak would be great figures. Kotor is a mile stone in videogame history. A Wookie-Jedi would be such a cute and funny figure that it would be popular even if you don't know the books. Delta-Squad-Commandos yould sell well... Now there will be probably stuff like Kylo in Leggins without shirt... :sick:

Who wouldn't want the mighty Ben Swolo himself? That's like the greatest minifigure they could possibly make.

Just now, Robert8 said:

Marvel and Star Wars can have like at least 3 series each

I can see Disney getting at least one more. Same with Harry Potter

Depending on how the DC Comics series did, that one might get another one

It seems there are not a lot of spots left

On the other hand, man, Series 20 sucks hard. They didn't have any original ideas since like Series 15, I really hope they end regular series to give us more interesting ones. I would take any licensed series over those crappy non-licensed ones.

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Marvel, Star wars, Nintendo and Harry Potter now we know what cmf  series we will have in the next 5-10 years. ok then 

Eh, I hope they can fit further Disney CMS in there alongside those if we're to presume Marvel, Star Wars, and Nintendo will indeed happen, as Disney's been the only licensed CMS that that can offer a level of diversity closest to the non-licensed Series.

1 hour ago, K_Tiger said:

Much like Marvel and DC, Star Wars as a Lego theme has shown itself to be quite capable of shoehorning any kinda character of their's into random vehicular playsets, hence why I feel CMS based upon those franchises are such a waste... :sadnew:

Just now, Robert8 said:

Ha, well, then they've really gone out with a bang if that were to be the case (which I pray isn't)... :sarcasm_hmpf:

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the other hand, man, Series 20 sucks hard. They didn't have any original ideas since like Series 15, I really hope they end regular series to give us more interesting ones. I would take any licensed series over those crappy non-licensed ones.

No, they seriously need to take a cue from @Robert8 with their non-licensed Series rather than making them history... :hmpf:

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I've seen several people saying Series 15 was the last "great one", but I think it was Series 16. That one was awesome. To each its own, I guess

Edited by Robert8

The best idea I can think of for a Star Wars CMF would be to focus on the cartoons rather than the films. Clone Wars and Rebels still have a lot of characters missing, and Resistance has barely been touched at all. Even the majority of the Clone Wars minifigs have those ugly faces and could use an update. Easy opportunity to give us minifigs we probably won't see otherwise, and avoid redundancy while still providing recognizable characters like an updated Ahsoka or new versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan in their armor from the earlier seasons. (Although, if a redundant CMF can finally get Threepio a properly dual-molded leg, I won't complain)

Edited by BigGuy4U

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

On the other hand, man, Series 20 sucks hard.

Each to their own I guess; but I really like series 20 and I'm very disappointed that I'm probably not going to be able to build that army of Vikings and Knights.

Series 19 was the worst for me.

7 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Hasbro and Disney have a new deal.
This means CMF of SW and Marvel now can happen.

Itaria, is this coming from your sources? I really want to get excited about this, but the only time I saw this mentioned was with a link to a press release that mentioned nothing about the modified licensing terms.

Also, regarding "the last good regular series", to me it was S17, which I felt was the greatest series since S13. I think the theme has strayed off a bit from its original fun diversity, focusing too much on city.

Star Wars in theory could work with only being completely new minifigs (and possibly characters that only exist in the mismatched CW style) for at least a few waves and not rely on variations of existing characters. The question is more would LEGO decide not to include a whole bunch of repeat characters like Anakin/Luke/Rey in it.

Though the biggest thing that worries me about a potential Star Wars CMF is the possibility of them raising the price even higher than the $5/per, which is already pretty ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Star Wars as a Lego theme has shown itself to be quite capable of shoehorning any kinda character of their's into random vehicular playsets, hence why I feel CMS based upon those franchises are such a waste...

While they do that quite often, the characters they add still usually stick to characters associated with that movie/show (Ahsoka being in an Umbara set or the assorted bounty hunters in the Slave 1s) so it'd be a good way to introduce characters from media outside the three main trilogies that would be difficult to stick into random sets or characters that would otherwise take a while for LEGO to prioritize including in sets over the main characters.

5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

If it takes a year to design and produce a series and this new deal just happened it should  hopefully be another year before they start putting out SW and Marvel and etc. series so we should hopefully get at least one traditional series.

My point is, we haven't got anything original in regular series for a few years. They are mostly repeats of previous CMF characters, and the new ones aren't really interesting. The only interesting minifigure I can think of in Series 20 was the red armour guy, only because he had that Power Rangers vibe to him. They either need to step up their game and give us something fresh, or end this and give us more licensed CMF.

I hope they do a Marvel CMF that has characters we haven't seen yet (more X-Men for one thing, Fantastic Four) rather than just MCU and Spider-Man stuff.

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I hope they do a Marvel CMF that has characters we haven't seen yet (more X-Men for one thing, Fantastic Four) rather than just MCU and Spider-Man stuff.

With Disney finally having rights to F4 and X-Men, I wonder when Lego will finally starts making sets based on it. Hopefully before the movies, because that would be more than 3 years of waiting.

I guess superhero teams are a bit problematic in CMF. We've got only 16 of them, and I wouldn't want there to be just like 3 superhero teams. Also, they couldn't do The Thing from F4 justice. So I'd prefer them to include two F4 members (probably Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman), and from X-Men Charles Xavier and Sabretooth (for example).

There are some great figures in Series 20.

Pea costume.

Space Fan.

Musician with that awesome keytar.

Drone flyer.

And Series 19 was good as well with characters like the dog sitter, jungle explorer, pizza costume and rugby player.