DJ Force

ExoForce gone for good :(

Finally, the day had to come... The whole Exoforce content was removed from the Lego Webspace.

RIP.

Good riddance.

Nah. I love Exo-Force, but I just wish that they decided to do it post-Hero Factory, imagine a Hero-Factory/System hybrid rather than a Bionicle/System hybrid... That would be amazing.

But I think that some spiritual successor to Exo-Force is bound to happen. If it happens, please use helmets and faces compatible with other minifigs.

I remember when they came out, I was so pumped. I ran down to the store, and the only thing that was remotely interesting was the hair and a few of the bricks. I say good riddance.

Nah. I love Exo-Force, but I just wish that they decided to do it post-Hero Factory, imagine a Hero-Factory/System hybrid rather than a Bionicle/System hybrid... That would be amazing.

ooh I think it's time to M the O's out of some C's.

Sad day :( I liked most of the sets, especially the smexy Defense Tank and Striking Venom. Oh well - LEGO and life goes on.

Will be interesting to see if they revisit the line or the overall mecha idea though with some improved construction/theme.

Excuse my ignorance here, but uhm... So what? :sceptic: Just because some web content was removed doesn't mean the end of the world a theme. If you cared so much about the content, you probably saved it to your hard drive, so it shouldn't be a total loss. In my opinion, a theme is "gone" by the time you don't find it on store shelves anymore, which is a long time ago for EF.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yeah, but what is also gone are the building instructions for alternate and combo models, the character bios, the comics and the games. Even if I saved all the instructions and bios, there is simply no way (at least that I know of) to have saved the games and comics onto my HD.

Yeah, but what is also gone are the building instructions for alternate and combo models, the character bios, the comics and the games. Even if I saved all the instructions and bios, there is simply no way (at least that I know of) to have saved the games and comics onto my HD.

Oky's right. You could have justed copied the HyperText Markup Language. You can do this if the site was still up by going "ctrl u" or up on the top of your screen go "view - page source" Then just copy everything, and paste it into Notepad and save it as a .htm file or a .html file. The when you open the document, it should be the same thing or something like it. I have just did that with the LEGO S at H by theme page, it's not perfect, but then you may have to copy every single page it links to to get it right. Though you can't do that now now that the sites down. :hmpf_bad: So next time you see a favorite theme, copy everything. :thumbup:

Aero booster FTW

Totally anime style... exo was the most refreshing theme so far (to me of course)... sci-fi got kinda wacky-original but with excellent ideas and story (unlike time cruisers or UFO :alien: )

Let us make this an exo force farewell thread.

Favorite human set

Yeah, the aero booster is rather cool, but I don't own it, I made the mistake of giving it to my brother in his birthday instead of buying it for me. So I will vote for the sky guardian. It has such cool vibes, even though I had to mod the bionicle launcher out and replace with some stuff.

Favorite robot set

I really wish I had the Bridge walker, it looks very cool. But if I have to include only sets I own, I'll have to go with the Dark Panther, it was really the one robot set that I really liked without mods. On second place, the Claw Crusher, I had to mod it a little but the result is very nice. The striking venom is huge but it kinda needs you to have plenty of sets to look good on display, else it is a skeleton thing. I mean, it is awesome and I love it, but I see it more as a cherry to put on top of your robots collection than as a set.

MoCs

I was hoping we could have a good exo-force MoC index, it is very hard to find good ones through google and sites search, at least for me. I have exactly one exo-force MoC that is basically a remade of the Shadow Crawler, but I don't have pictures yet.

Edited by vexorian

Following in Vex's shoes here...

Favorite Human set: Mobile Defense Tank - love the orange coloring and the set just oozed cool, even if the treads don't spin as well as you'd like and the disc launcher is kind of annoying >.> The rest of the model is just superb and awesomesauce and trounced most of the mecha designs for me.

Favorite Robot set: I'd have to go with Striking Venom. The design is a bit lanky and sparse but it's HUGE and foreboding looking. Wouldn't want to see that thing crest a hill and swivel those massive autocannons my way.

All in all, I really liked the line, even if I didn't get to snag alot of models [only have 4 atm - the 2 above + Aerobooster and Fire Vulture] and I hope perhaps LEGO considers revisiting a mecha style line down the road.

Good riddance.

But I think that some spiritual successor to Exo-Force is bound to happen. If it happens, please use helmets and faces compatible with other minifigs.

The next series should be called 'Exo-Force 2.0 adult builder' and make an effort to not be cheap in their stick figure designs.They should buy the rights to sell true anime inspired mechs based on the best models from Gundam,Battletech and anything that Shirow Masamune has done including the mechs from ghost in the shell and bubblegum crisis(first mech anime that I`ve seen).And each set should cost at least $80 and not be less than 1,000 pieces.That will ensure the detail level to be high.A common trend should be minifigures sit in the chest cockpit,the chest can double as an escape ship/pod,5 fingered hands(not solid lumps like bionicle hands),poseability!

And 2 super detailed sets for the exclusive market.Both in the $400 range,3,000 to 5,000 pieces each,removable body armor to see the complex machinery/skeletons underneath.

The next series should be called 'Exo-Force 2.0 adult builder' and make an effort to not be cheap in their stick figure designs.They should buy the rights to sell true anime inspired mechs based on the best models from Gundam,Battletech and anything that Shirow Masamune has done including the mechs from ghost in the shell and bubblegum crisis(first mech anime that I`ve seen).And each set should cost at least $80 and not be less than 1,000 pieces.That will ensure the detail level to be high.A common trend should be minifigures sit in the chest cockpit,the chest can double as an escape ship/pod,5 fingered hands(not solid lumps like bionicle hands),poseability!

And 2 super detailed sets for the exclusive market.Both in the $400 range,3,000 to 5,000 pieces each,removable body armor to see the complex machinery/skeletons underneath.

And it should be released at the same time as the Halo, 300, and World of Warcraft themes, I suppose? We can all dream, but there's no way some of those dreams could ever be realistic. Exo-Force mechs, IMO, weren't cheap stick figure designs at all. Most of them had very intricate, detailed, and streamlined designs that basically came as close as any theme could to the mecha genre and still be a regular LEGO set that can be marketed towards LEGO's main buying audience. We ought to try and appreciate it for that, even if we can joke about its flaws in retrospect.

Well, blast it. :( I was really looking forward to checking out some of the online Exo-Force material when I finally get around to putting together the remaining sets I have still in boxes, and more fully delving into the theme.

Is there a particular reason they wouldn't want the old material kept up, even in some archival capacity?

Well, blast it. :( I was really looking forward to checking out some of the online Exo-Force material when I finally get around to putting together the remaining sets I have still in boxes, and more fully delving into the theme.

Is there a particular reason they wouldn't want the old material kept up, even in some archival capacity?

I suppose they just wanted to make more room for new content from other themes. On the bright side, if you want to read the comics, they can all be found in this Brickshelf folder. The files named "launcher.txt" open up the comics themselves on Internet Explorer, including text. The readme also gives a URL for opening the comics on a non-IE browser, but that doesn't seem to work for me on Firefox. So on a non-IE browser you might just have to open both "Comic.swf", which includes the flash comics without text, and "text.xml", which lists the text but is difficult to understand without the comic's speech bubbles showing you who's speaking.

The comics are (IMO) the best online content the website had to offer. I never played any of the games, though, so I don't know if those were any good.

It is a shame but i guess it was to be expected. Luckily,with the exception of the Mobile Devasator,i have a complete Exo-Force collection,even down to the little polybag sets :classic: I would have liked to have saved instructions to the combo models,i did make a few but didnt bother keeping them built up.

I'd like to add my fav's too-

Human set-

7708 Uplink would get my vote,tis a great little set that looks fantastic when you have a few of them lined up. Very basic compared to the bigger sets but fun all the same.

Robot set-

7707 Striking Venom without a doupt! Its huge and looks so menacing!

Think i may have to box up the Star Wars sets this weekend and dig out the Exo Force gear instead,i'd forgotten just how good they are.

Wow! Can you do that for the Insectoids' website?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Here, but most of the site doesn't work. The Wayback Machine is a useful tool, but it can't work miracles, and certain things just don't end up getting archived properly.

Would selling my Exo-Force sets and stuff be a great idea now of should I wait, so it would get worth more?

I don't have realy large sets (besides an incomplete 'tank') and I mostly bought those sets them because of the Minifigs and some parts I wanted...

Would selling my Exo-Force sets and stuff be a great idea now of should I wait, so it would get worth more?

I don't have realy large sets (besides an incomplete 'tank') and I mostly bought those sets them because of the Minifigs and some parts I wanted...

I doubt the people buying Exo-Force sets online will be caring too much that the website went offline, so there won't be any spike in purchases right about now. But I don't know whether there will be any gradual increase or decline over time-- I haven't been an AFOL for long enough to know about those sorts of trends.

The prices for Exo Force sets on the secondary market are really low for most sets. There are some that are a little more expensive, the bigger and rare sets in particular, like Bridge Walker and White Lightning for example.

I got some exo-force sets a few years ago, I have to say they are really good fun. And they were cheap as chips too. My favourite was Blade Titan, but all the sets are great for displaying.

I loved the sci-fi/anime angle of this line, and all those bishie hair pieces. Although the whole "codes to the Golden City" bit left me a bit bemused...