maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Unbelievable. This is the most ambitious build I personally have ever seen. And what attention to detail, superb. As for what the building is for I think it looks more like a Tavern / lodge type thing. A friend of mine went to Romania a few years ago, and visited Vlad Dracul's castle. Because it's me, she had to take TONS of pictiures. Anyway, this looks sorta like a place that was a tavern or lodge, where they had picnic bench style tables out side and would serve through windows to the patrons out side. Just a thought.

And again, WOW !

M

It's inconceivable! That aside, this project is massive beyond belief. But at the same time every stud of it is covered in details, thanks to the unique ground techniques. The one thing that vexes me a little is that known of the recent pictures show what the whole thing looks like combined. But that is just my impatience to see the completed project, every chapter of this creation is perfect.

Ok my friends,

you want that change you get it :wink:

After two hours of testing, changing and problems without end I can now present the new bow with tiles.

I have also a lot of pictures of my different versions with all their advantage or disadvantages.

The big problem was the space between the windows and the door. Only 2 studs are not enough to mount two 1 x 1 tiles on different angles.

I had to find a solution for this problem and find it, but with this a lot of new problems start. How can I fix the snot bricks and get over the problem of their high of two and a half plate.

More than 1000 words say pictures, so see yourself.

the way it should be

img_9623.jpg

the first try -> too high

img_9621.jpg

second try -> still too high

img_9629.jpg

the easy new way and the best in this case

img_9634.jpg

img_9632.jpg

img_9633.jpg

img_9634.jpg

And the final new overview of the house.

img_9637.jpg

That´s it for now.

Now the next house can be done.

And I think about your request for a complete picture of all. :sweet:

I don´t want to show to much in this stadium, but ok it is very much done and it could be the right time.

greetings

Phil

... Can't wait to see it all together! :wub_drool:

I have taken two pictures from the scenery. One from above and one in the line of the houses.

img_9660.jpg

img_9658.jpg

This will be the last time for an complete shot til the end :blush:

Have fun with it.

Phil

Fantastic! :wub: Everything looks very natural in a way, because of the shapes, the beautiful trees and the variation in colours. The buildings are also excellent, my favourite is the white one (very impressive and so detailed). You really inspired me in reshaping my Hogsmeade village into something with variation in heights, a river, more colours, ...

The work in progress photos are also great to look at, keep them coming! :thumbup:

Edited by Matn

Wow, I am consumed by awe. The village looks great together, huddled around that clearing. The waterwheel of the blacksmith shop is positioned brilliantly on the river, but the trees are the part that stands out to me. All those palm tree branches, I never would have thought to layer them into pine trees! Not to mention the cliff face, it seems almost organic in it's flow. Sometimes combining creations into one massive landscape creates issues with the theme and flow, but this creature looks beatiful divided and combined! I can barely begin to image the adventures your figures can have in this country.

WOW! I can't believe I had never read this post. It's simply extremely awesome :cry_happy: So big, so detailed. You should be very proud of this mega project. You are very talented. :classic:

I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks for sharing this awesome creation with us!

I totally love the perspective of the shot you got in your signature now. It looks like the perfect background for a really great animated stop motion movie. (realistic might not be the right word, as you can still see that it's too perfect to be real) What amazes me the most thought, is how your houses all of the sudden dwarf the entire landscape and give it this really cozy feeling. In the beginning I thought, well, maybe this might be a little to huge to really fill it with life. However, now everything seems to be in proportion. :thumbup:

Well. How much do you want for it? :laugh: Seriously, if I could buy this for a million dollars and had a million dollars I'd but it in a heart beat. Amazing! :wub_drool:

Well. How much do you want for it? :laugh: Seriously, if I could buy this for a million dollars and had a million dollars I'd but it in a heart beat. Amazing! :wub_drool:

I can't imagine how many legos I would buy with 1 million dollars!

Overall landscape is looking brilliant! I do like the flow as someone stated previously. It does appear more realistic due to the size of the buildings compared to a minifig size, but I also like the smaller real lego versions that aren't so enormous. But brilliant detail work as everyone else stated!

I do love that signature shot.

Wow! What a great update we have here. Those trees are stunning and the buildings are just fantastic with the level of detail you create. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat with that birds-eye-view teaser picture in waiting for the finished project!

Yes, tjhe landscape is super impressive and I can't believe that you have any space to do this huge thing, but I really love all of the buildings and tents that populate the landscape.

This is absolutely incredible. I am in the process of building a large new LEGO area in my home, and this is an inspiration. You need to write a book or make a DVD about this MOC. I would buy both.

Nice fix for the windows. :thumbup:

Beautiful trees, too!

The whole scene is coming together so nicely, it's leaving me on the edge of my seat wanting to see more, more, more! :laugh:

Fantastic work, I'm still in awe of the overall picture. :blush: This is going one of the best, if not the best, medieval diorama's I have ever seen. :wub:

Keep it up, but take it easy too! Don't rush this amazing project. :classic:

Like so many others have commented in this thread, I have been in awe of the scope, ambition, and attention to detail on this MOC. Been browsing around ED and always find myself coming back to see how this MOC has progressed. It is simply amazing and I look forward to seeing the completed work. Great job!