maydayartist

Big medieval landscape: BIG UPDATE on page 26

Watch it doesn't fall off that desk. :wink:

Another stunning update, the angle in the middle adds a lot to the rickety-ness and charm. The little working bits like the shutters are nice as well.

I have one question though, isn't the scale a little big? It certainly adds to the impressive factor but it looks almost larger than Fabuland scale. But I'm just quibbling here, it's great, great work. :classic:

Edited by Skipper

maydayartist - you have received so much appreciation for this endeavor, and I can only agree with all of it. What an amazing project & plus you share it here with us AFOL's - thanks so much! It somehow (once again) confirms for me just how amazing the building medium of LEGO is.

I have been following this from the begininng, and I still eagerly await each new developement :sweet:

Wow, a fantastic addition to your landscape. As someone mentioned, the look of the building adds so much to the look and atmosphere of it all. Sorry for being a bit pushy earlier, but I just really want to see the finished product, and I understand it takes time, but we hadn't heard from you in awhile. :blush:

Wow. The angle in the building is what really makes it stand out, as do all the little details. Fantastic work. :thumbup:

*oh2* That is simply amazing! The details are incredible and make this building look so real. The guild crests on the wall, opening wine cellar and closing shutters are a nice touches and certainly add to the realism too.

The angled build is also something spectacular, something which I haven't seen done a lot before. It must've been really difficult to achieve that look. Truly fantastic work :thumbup::sweet: !

Here are three more pictures of the tavern.

My plan is to give all the buildings an interieur too. And so my first idea was to make it like the modular houses with single floors to remove. The problem with that was the high amount of details and defferent parts between the floors so I decided to divide it near the middle. As you can see on the three pictures.

... I have one question though, isn't the scale a little big? It certainly adds to the impressive factor but it looks almost larger than Fabuland scale. But I'm just quibbling here, it's great, great work. :classic:

Yes you are right. A good eye for that :wink:

For the first floor it has to be this hight, because of the step inside the house (the blue circle on the first picture). If the figs step up they are in the right high for the windows. And all that should give the first floor more 'great hall' character.

And after the firste floor I copied the wall with their hight. That was not good. I will try to decrease it by changing the two white bricks to one brick and one plate (in the red circle)

img_9020.jpg

img_9021.jpg

img_9019.jpg

All three floors and the wine cellar are incomplete for this moment and especialy the adjustment of the cellar to the land will be hard.

I really like the fact that you put so much effort in details in every single thing you build! Like the stair in the basement in the pub! The door down to wine cellar is magnificent!

I know I already replied to this update, but I have to say it again: this is jawdropping *oh2* . I love the WIP/interior pictures you posted, too. Does the blacksmith have a backside? Because in the second picture there is none (most likely because it's a WIP picture).

I know I already replied to this update, but I have to say it again: this is jawdropping *oh2* . I love the WIP/interior pictures you posted, too. Does the blacksmith have a backside? Because in the second picture there is none (most likely because it's a WIP picture).

Due to the fact that his house is in front of a big wall of rock, there is no window and no dormer but woodwork too.

I have a few more pics of details and a new overview by daylight and with the decreased hight on the second floor. The new hight looks even more better. :classic:

img_9022.jpg

img_9023.jpg

img_9024.jpg

img_9025.jpg

And one view from the backside. The dormer on this is a first version and will be changed like the one from the front.

img_9027.jpg

Ok that´s it for now. The chimney will be build later.

nice sunday

Phil

What I can't get over is the quality of what you're building. The scale is one thing, but if you'd posted all of this little creations up as their own topics, people would've been amazed anyway. The fact that you keep doing it over and over again means that the final thing is going to be of a quality that most builders only dream of.

Brilliant. :thumbup:

Just when I thought you couldn't get any better after seeing the stunning blacksmith, you come out with this incredibly detailed tavern. After so much praise you already received from everyone who follows your project, I am at a loss of words - because I'm running out of superlatives that would make your amazing effort any justice :thumbup:

Keep up the great work and I really hope to see this piece of art being invited to a lot of exhibitions once it's finished :sweet:

Just really, really great work. I look forward to the updates on this thread very much. Great ideas put into the build and it shows!

Once again, this set of updates is truly amazing. I must say, I find your work very inspirational. I also like the fact that it is posted in bits, so we can enjoy all the fine details of each and every creation. Excellent work!

What I can't get over is the quality of what you're building. The scale is one thing, but if you'd posted all of this little creations up as their own topics, people would've been amazed anyway. The fact that you keep doing it over and over again means that the final thing is going to be of a quality that most builders only dream of.

Brilliant. :thumbup:

What he said! :thumbup: :thumbup: Can't wait to see yr beautiful tavern in situ. :classic:

This is marvelous. Every single post you make, I love it even more. The details of everything is just amazing. Its so bueatiful that my mind can't even comprehend it. :cry_happy:

Looking very impressive mate! Deffinitly the best building ive seen from you as I can see you have actually spent some time to add in lots of detail all over. There isn't a bland area anywhere on this building and thats exactly what I ment by character, lots of interesting features. The angled idea is interesting as im planning a large medieval moc and ive been experimenting with ways to make the houses look crooked and leaning at odd angles. I think its a logical next step to medieval house building and its great to see you have tryed something different and its worked rather well! Now you have to keep up this level of detail with every building now :laugh: but the extra time and effort will be worth it in the end. Seeing this all come together really makes me want to build something big again but im short of time and patience at the moment, maybe in when winter sets in :wink: As always, feel free to pm me if you need any help. Great work!

Edited by Derfel Cardarn

wow ;) it is growing nicely;)

like Derfnel sad, I now have an urge to build something ;)

by the way, this should be 55.000 view of this topic ;)

This summer I was in the south of Germany on holiday, and looking at your tavern I recognise the style immediately. I could swear I've seen it somewhere in a little medieval Bavarian town. Magnificent MOC!

This summer I was in the south of Germany on holiday, and looking at your tavern I recognise the style immediately. I could swear I've seen it somewhere in a little medieval Bavarian town. Magnificent MOC!

My thoughts exactly! I've been to Bavaria several times now and it does look like a building that could immediatly fit in. I think its mostly the guild shields coupled with the fachwerkhaus-style that make it look so real.

First I have to say once more thank you so much for all your positive feedback. :thumbup:

... I could swear I've seen it somewhere in a little medieval Bavarian town...

My thoughts exactly! I've been to Bavaria several times now and it does look like a building that could immediatly fit in. I think its mostly the guild shields coupled with the fachwerkhaus-style that make it look so real.

This sounds interesting, but haven´t take a picture, have you? But this is like all others of my creations, they are all out of my head and not a replica of a real model.

Is that your duster in the background? Howzat thing work? How often do you dust?

Do you mean the black one? If you do, I have to say to you that this is a sword :wink:

I´m carpenter and this is one of my last three swords I have made during my apprenticeship 10 years ago. It is made of beech, leather, fur and paint.

Left from this one stands the other two (not vissible on the photo). One with a skull within a hood (very similar to set 4766) and the other one with a dragon head.

I love swords and castles :sweet:

Ok btt; usually I´m not answering without any new shots. And here they are, with the completed tavern (the chimney on the back).

img_9063.jpg

img_9062.jpg

And the eagle eye view at the end.

img_9058.jpg

The next week I´m on vacation, so the installation to the land has to wait.

One quick look on the clock... f*** it is half past three a.m.

Ok, good night everyone.

That looks amazing! :wub:

I have no criticisms, the quality is beyond me. I'm so impressed that with the huge scale of your project you have not skimped on details at all.

swords I have made during my apprenticeship 10 years ago.

Dang that's cool, when I was a kid that was my dream. Mine were made out of cardboard and foil though . . . :blush: I guess I'll do it someday.

Edited by Skipper

Finaly! I was wondering how things work from behind and this chimney is an excelent idea. Very well done as always!