Sign in to follow this  
ACPin

300 Spartan Pit Of Death

indexed.gif

Persian messengers arrive at the gates of Sparta demanding the submission of Sparta to King Xerxes.

In response to this demand, Leonidas and his guards kick the messengers into the "Pit of Death".

5535330108_1fe919b7d9_z.jpg

As usual,click the pic for more details...

AC

Very nice. I just saw the movie a few weeks ago, and I've got to say it's quite accurate, except that the hole is a bit small.

Now we know what the previous MOC was part of, and this was worth waiting for! The figs are cool and the whole MOC is EPIC!

'ACPin' you have done it again, another fantastic creation....gee I hoping to Vader tossing a few down to help them out ! :devil:

Brick On 'ACPin' ! :grin:

Now that's awesome. The hole may not be accurate to scale, but it doesn't matter, this looks awesome.

Really nice. The top-down views look especially dynamic. :thumbup:

Great to finally see the whole build, and as always this definitely doesn't disappoint. Like what I've said on your teaser topic, the construction of the 'Hole' is really well done, especially with the 'ribbed' interior. I also like the Kings' skulls detail on the horse's saddle. I guess the Persians thought wrongly that the Spartans will get intimated by that. Impressive work as usual AC! :thumbup:

Great job ACPin - I see all that tan from your Naboo dios has been repurposed! It looks fantastic. Usually when you see LEGO Greek buildings, they're all white, which is too clean for my tastes. (in most cases) I know you don't redo your MOCs, but if you ever decide to expand or revisit this scene, I guess the only thing more I'd like to see is a SNOTed ground to blend in with the pit. Don't know if that would look better or not.

The finished product look s nice! I rally love how the heads on the dead kings tuned out! :thumbup:

Great work!

:thumbup:

Yeah, the heads of the dead king are wonderful! A great detail

Very nice. I just saw the movie a few weeks ago, and I've got to say it's quite accurate, except that the hole is a bit small.

Tried to expand the hole using the same arches but didn't look right so just settled with the same size as in the teaser.

Now we know what the previous MOC was part of, and this was worth waiting for! The figs are cool and the whole MOC is EPIC!

Noticed how the looks on the other messengers faces? :grin:

Nicely done. Small MOC but kicks a... :D

If it had been bigger, the support would have used up more bricks.

'ACPin' you have done it again, another fantastic creation....gee I hoping to Vader tossing a few down to help them out ! :devil:

Brick On 'ACPin' ! :grin:

Hmmmm. Maybe some other time. :laugh:

The finished product look s nice! I rally love how the heads on the dead kings tuned out! :thumbup:

Great work!

Points to you for spotting those! :sweet:

Now that's awesome. The hole may not be accurate to scale, but it doesn't matter, this looks awesome.

Would've taken more time than I wanted to fix it but was just too lazy to start over again. :tongue:

Nice Scene!

I think it looks a lot like the movie.

Not by chance but by design, tried to get all the important elements and characters from the movie scene.

Really nice. The top-down views look especially dynamic. :thumbup:

Yeah, those turned up quite well!

Wow! Lots of action going on! :thumbup:

It's Spartaaaa!

Great to finally see the whole build, and as always this definitely doesn't disappoint. Like what I've said on your teaser topic, the construction of the 'Hole' is really well done, especially with the 'ribbed' interior. I also like the Kings' skulls detail on the horse's saddle. I guess the Persians thought wrongly that the Spartans will get intimated by that. Impressive work as usual AC! :thumbup:

Added more black arches to the hole from the teaser so you don't really see the bottom anymore. The horse with the kings' skulls were actually last minute additions.

Great job ACPin - I see all that tan from your Naboo dios has been repurposed! It looks fantastic. Usually when you see LEGO Greek buildings, they're all white, which is too clean for my tastes. (in most cases) I know you don't redo your MOCs, but if you ever decide to expand or revisit this scene, I guess the only thing more I'd like to see is a SNOTed ground to blend in with the pit. Don't know if that would look better or not.

Didn't like the look of white as well and judging from the movie scene, the houses were more cream colored (dirty white or something). Those Naboo dios have been deconstructed and will find more MOCs in the future. Maybe doing another scene from the movie but not expanding on this anymore.

:thumbup:

Yeah, the heads of the dead king are wonderful! A great detail

:sweet:

Some nice work AC, I feel like your building is getting better and better since you joined EB. Keep em coming.

Practice, practice, practice and building from different themes from time to time help expand the repertoire. Another scene in the works...

AC

Nice MOC. I've never seen the movie 300, but there is a lot of detail here. That's a lot of Spartans you got for this too, it took me almost a month just to find one. :thumbup:

Wow. If only I could be that good to have used it in my

. :blush:

Fantastic work AC! Hope to see even more non-SW stuff from you! :sweet:

Nice MOC. I've never seen the movie 300, but there is a lot of detail here. That's a lot of Spartans you got for this too, it took me almost a month just to find one. :thumbup:

Better see it when you get the chance and you won't regret it!

Another great MOC ACPinThis MOC looks really awesome! :classic:

Wow thats a lot of Spartans!

There's more where they came from! :laugh:

Wow. If only I could be that good to have used it in my

. :blush:

Fantastic work AC! Hope to see even more non-SW stuff from you! :sweet:

At least now you have a better idea to improve on yours.

Great scene ACPin. Makes me wanna watch the movie again. :classic:

Yeah me too, been watching it again for the specific scenes to look at the details.

AC

PS. Next MOC is done, go see it!

Nicely done!

The colors really fit the odd tint from the movie itself, and the pit truly looks never ending.

I sure envy your collection of spartans, but at least you've put them to good use.

Great work!