Aww, I thought I did something right there too :(

That's okay....you're new here ! :wink:

In any case that creation is only 16 studs wide and the pet shop set is TWO 16 stud wide buildings. :wink:

Anyway, back to waiting for Lego to release pictures. :classic:

While I don't like stickers, I would love it if the pet shop had this old fashioned gold lettering on the window... Would look great with the sand blue, I think.

*sings* How much is that doggie in the window... Woof woof! ;-)

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone made a brilliant turtle out of an army helmet.

Yep, a green helmet, and a frog make an excellent turtle, I've seen it a couple of times now.

Really exciting news on this new set.. As I'm new to modular and will be getting my 1st modular building i'n the next couple of weeks I'll be sat eagerly awaiting this new set....

Thanks for the great info :)

all,

I just typed lego 10218 in Google images and found a picture of 2 16x32 houses, even referring to the 10218 models.

From the descriptions given here in this forum, it's not the real thing,colour scheme's don't match, but it could be a lookalike.

For now, this is what we will have to live with, in expectation of more and REAL pictures of the new set 10218.

enjoy the waiting.... :tongue:

all,

I just typed lego 10218 in Google images and found a picture of 2 16x32 houses, even referring to the 10218 models.

From the descriptions given here in this forum, it's not the real thing,colour scheme's don't match, but it could be a lookalike.

For now, this is what we will have to live with, in expectation of more and REAL pictures of the new set 10218.

enjoy the waiting.... :tongue:

It's a MOC - http://cgi.ebay.com/City-Custom-Town-Plan-Set-Lego-INSTRUCTIONS-like-10218-/140524989426

Yes, I know that....I just think this MIGHT be close to what we're going to get in 10218.

Not even close. With the sale date only two months away, I am surprised that images of this set have not made it online yet. Once I get back home I may attempt to build it, but my memory is fading as every day passes. I am now once again anticipating the official release of pictures.

Edited by Follows Closely

This is wonderful news! I was hoping we'd hear something about the latest modular around now. Hearing how so many people want a Town Zoo theme, I think that this pet shop will be a highly desired set. The few details sound great so far - I can't wait to see some pictures!

Not even close. With the sale date only two months away, I am surprised that images of this set have not made it online yet. Once I get back home I may attempt to build it, but my memory is fading as every day passes. I am now once again anticipating the official release of pictures.

I think Grand Emporium images surfaced only a month before release, so unless someone 'leaks' I don't think we'll see it for a while

Something I'm curious about is what the animals we've already heard will be in the set might be like. For instance, the shepherd/sheepdog is probably just the German Shepherd from this year's Police line, which I don't mind at all. But how about the cat? Will it be printed with facial details, like Mrs. Norris in last year's Hogwarts Castle? I certainly hope so-- I like for my animals to be as compatible as possible, and prefer face printing in most situations. Horses have always had printing-- at least, they have since the horse piece debuted and we stopped seeing brickbuilt horses in Castle sets. "Human" minifigs also have face printing. So I expect no less from dogs and cats (still hoping the classic LEGO monkey gets a printed face someday).

I'm also curious what color the fish will be, whether the parrot will be just a blendy one from Pirates (Again, I prefer the "Scarlet Macaw" printing to the IMO more boring red and green blend, but I have doubts about that appearing in a set today), and whether any other pets might appear besides that have already been mentioned. A pet shop could still be very interesting even with just this small selection of pets, of course-- you can split them up over two floors, perhaps, and fill the remaining space with pet food and other supplies. Overall, I'm looking forward to more info on this set!

(still hoping the classic LEGO monkey gets a printed face someday).

There is a new monkey coming soon, not the original, still a lego monkey with a printed face

can be seen here: LINK :wub:

and I wonder what furniture will be present? And I wonder if the minifigs will have the classic lego face :classic:

And I wonder if the minifigs will have the classic lego face :classic:

I think I've once read that it's a feature of the modular series that the minifigs have classic faces.

The title of the thread is really misleading - I've read "new pictures available" twice now although it says "no pictures available" :D

I think I've once read that it's a feature of the modular series that the minifigs have classic faces.

The title of the thread is really misleading - I've read "new pictures available" twice now although it says "no pictures available" :D

The Title is correct! There are no pictures at the moment.

There is a new monkey coming soon, not the original, still a lego monkey with a printed face

can be seen here: LINK :wub:

and I wonder what furniture will be present? And I wonder if the minifigs will have the classic lego face :classic:

Actually, i've been thinking.. WIth the collective minifig series lately

we get a huge supply of little detailed objects and accesoires.. Somehow

TLC seems to have found a way to produce them, otherwise they wouldn't be

bothered. With the Pet Shop coming up i wander if some new molds or prints

will be revealed?..

Somehow i feel that this Pet shop will once again be a fun to build set,

but a more fun challenge to work up. This has always been the case to me

since the Cafe Corner days.. Every set had it's 'room' for improvement.

Think tiled floors, wall decorating, change colors etc..

I can't stop thinking about this Pet shop either like many of you.

Somehow a stuffed creature seems in place.. a huge tiger or something..

Hmmmm... let's dream on shall we?.. :tongue:

Hmmm, I can't help feeling that anticipation and excitement for this set might be a little high. As lovely as the modular series is it hasn't yielded anything particularly new so far. Some bricks in different colours yes, but nothing like new accessories or minifigs. So far it's mainly been interesting build techniques and the reasonably large set size. I'm sure this set will be cool but I don't anticipate anything new.

The Title is correct! There are no pictures at the moment.

I think he's just saying that it's currently too easy to misread.

Actually, i've been thinking.. WIth the collective minifig series lately

we get a huge supply of little detailed objects and accesoires.. Somehow

TLC seems to have found a way to produce them, otherwise they wouldn't be

bothered. With the Pet Shop coming up i wander if some new molds or prints

will be revealed?..

Somehow i feel that this Pet shop will once again be a fun to build set,

but a more fun challenge to work up. This has always been the case to me

since the Cafe Corner days.. Every set had it's 'room' for improvement.

Think tiled floors, wall decorating, change colors etc..

I can't stop thinking about this Pet shop either like many of you.

Somehow a stuffed creature seems in place.. a huge tiger or something..

Hmmmm... let's dream on shall we?.. :tongue:

I doubt that new molds will be likely to occur in this pet shop. Keep in mind that with the collectible minifigures, their special prints and molds are their main selling point, and there's hardly any building involved. Thus, the best place to invest money is on new molds and prints. In the modular buildings, on the other hand, the complexity of the build and the intricacy of the overall design is the main selling point, so adding new molds isn't as reliable an investment for LEGO to make. Certainly LEGO could afford to add new molds, but it wouldn't likely be as profitable as it is with the collectible minifigures.

New prints are possible, of course, considering that they've appeared in other D2C sets like the Tower Bridge and Medieval Market Village. And I'm hoping very much for the cat's face to be printed (it could perhaps even be the same print as Mrs. Norris, but not on the same color cat because then it and the dog might look too similar).

Also, yeah, I know we get a monkey with a printed face in Collectible Minifigures Series 5. But I'd still prefer a printed version of the classic monkey with its greater posability and consistency with the "boxiness" of regular minifigures. Admittedly, if LEGO were to release a new monkey that was the best of both worlds (using the classic minifigure arms, but with a flatter and more easily printable face), I wouldn't mind one bit. It's not as if I need an army of identical monkeys for most of my MOCs.

Hmmm, I can't help feeling that anticipation and excitement for this set might be a little high. As lovely as the modular series is it hasn't yielded anything particularly new so far. Some bricks in different colours yes, but nothing like new accessories or minifigs. So far it's mainly been interesting build techniques and the reasonably large set size. I'm sure this set will be cool but I don't anticipate anything new.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the whole concept behind the modular buildings is that they all use parts already in production. As that was the basis for them to begin with, I don't expect that to change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the whole concept behind the modular buildings is that they all use parts already in production. As that was the basis for them to begin with, I don't expect that to change.

That was indeed the case.

Thing is: it doesn't nescessarily mean that things have to stay that way.

Same thing with the building techniques as a selling point.

I don't expect anything new here, but it is not unlikely to have something

new involved. I cannot imagine that in the future as long as the modular series

continue, that it's policy has to stay that way. TLC will understand easily

that nowadays there are a lot of people who come up with great designs as well.

So, for this series to continue, i'd expect something to change one day...

There is a new monkey coming soon

Apologies for the off toic remark but actually I think the new series 5 mold is of an ape not a monkey (most likely a baby gorilla, the zookeeper then meant as Jane Goodall figure :thumbup: )

That was indeed the case.

Thing is: it doesn't nescessarily mean that things have to stay that way.

Same thing with the building techniques as a selling point.

I don't expect anything new here, but it is not unlikely to have something

new involved. I cannot imagine that in the future as long as the modular series

continue, that it's policy has to stay that way. TLC will understand easily

that nowadays there are a lot of people who come up with great designs as well.

So, for this series to continue, i'd expect something to change one day...

Something will change in the sales model if something changes in the target audience. But currently, the reason people are buying these sets is for the building experience and the overall design. Bricklink buyers might buy them in bulk to resell the parts, but in all honesty I don't think a lot more people are going to buy a set that costs upwards of $100 just because it has one or two parts with new molds. It's not a matter of "policy"-- it's just a matter of the sets being sold for entirely different reasons than the collectible minifigures and other themes.

It's the same deal as with early BIONICLE sets. They tended to have complex Technic functions, because they were expected to appeal to the same people who were interested in LEGO Technic. However, sales and focus-group testing demonstrated that the people who were buying the sets weren't buying them because of the gear functions-- they were buying them more because of the role-play possibilities of the story and characters. The largest and most expensive sets, which had the most intricate functions, sold the worst out of all the sets. Thus, over the years the designs were made to have more flexibility for use as "action figures" and fewer gear functions. If the people who had bought the sets from the start had bought them for the Technic functions, then they'd probably have kept those even through to today's Hero Factory sets.

So yes, there will always be a possibility of a change. After all, the Creator homes experienced a similarly radical change this year as minifigures were introduced to the sets for the first time. However, the likelihood of new molds becoming abundant in modular buildings can be compared to the likelihood of flick-fire missiles and transforming features flourishing in these sets. It isn't going to happen unless sales and focus groups indicate that it will make many more people buy these sets, and as of yet that doesn't seem to be how the market is responding.