Sign in to follow this  
Geertos13

MOC : Skirmish at Malfoy Manor

Hello Everyone ! :classic:

Geertos13 brings you a new Harry Potter MOC !

This time, I recreated a hole new scene of Deathly Hallows ! I liked the scene pretty much and thought It would be nice turned into LEGO form. I must say it's small but I'm planning to do some bigger Malfoy Manor work pretty soon :thumbup:

SKIRMISH AT MALFOY MANOR

5485743951_e102de417e_z.jpg

This Vignette, inspired directly by the movie, is the now famous scene where Dobby appears to help the Trio and causes a Chandelier to fall from the ceiling on Bellatrix Lestrange. Like the Movie, The Walls are black and the floor is made out of dark wood. The Chandelier is hanging from a wall, thanks to a SNOT technic. Dobby, who can be spotter on top of the main plate of the lamp, trying to disassemble the ieces causing the Chandelier to break. On the right we have Lucius and Bellatrix, threatening Hermione with a knife. I'd have loved to include Narcissa, but that'll have to wait untill the Forbidden Forest set comes out :laugh:

5486338048_29466a7b27_z.jpg

I tried to make the Chandelier in the same spirit as the rest of the walls. I decided to put some silver and green in it though to match the fireplace nicely and spiced everything up with some silver bits put into it. The chandelier was made in a specific way so that it could swing dangereously from right to left before crumbling to pieces ! :tongue:

5486334574_e1a0ac8848_z.jpg

A close up of Dobby trying to dissemble the Lamp. Dobby for the win ! :thumbup:

5486333120_4daef1ef85_z.jpg

Harry Potter, victim of Hermione's Stinging Hex. She cursed Harry in such a way that the Snatchers wouldn't recognise him. The Spell was so powerfull that Harry's entire face got mishappen and the jink lasted for a couple of hours...

Now that you've seeen the hole Vignette. We can easely change the minifigures to give another settings with another Part of the Story :

5486325786_aa958b05be_z.jpg

5486327604_216481eaa6_z.jpg

Hermione beeing tortured or Bellatrix interrogating Griphook about the Sword of Gryffindor.

I hope you enjoyed this Vignette and please tell me what you think by leaving a comment ! :classic:

Edited by Geertos13

Nice! I hope to see the larger version soon! Great idea to use Marcus Flint's head as the deformed Harry!

Great vignette! This captures the scene perfectly. Also, I agree that the use of Flint's face is great for representing Harry after a Stinging Hex. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

It's snatchers not scavengers :laugh: This is a pretty good scene recreation :thumbup: I like the shirt you gave griphook, it looks kinda nice!

Love it, Geert!

It captures the scene in the movie perfectly (when I read the book, I imagined Malfoy Manor in a different colour)!

I also noticed that you are getting really good at single shot photography. I especially liked the close up of Dobby disassembling the lamp, and the disguised Harry close up.

Keep it up!

Very nice work! :thumbup: Thanks! I could never imagine to do a MOC from this shot, but you did it well. I like that you didn't use Harry's real face.

Great Vig, Geert, hope to see more MOCs from you.

Cheers.

By: The one who doesn't post that often...

Very nice creation there, I especially like the long chandelier and the fireplace with the green flames. :thumbup: The tiled floor is also very nice but my only suggestion would be too tile the studs on the forward wall. :classic:

Edited by Eskallon

Looks really good. Nice SNOT walls and chandelier, great use of Flint's head for Harry after being hexed. Overall, nice MOC

Good vig Geertos13! :thumbup: The chandelier is nice and the green flamed fire place is also pretty good. I like how the vig is adaptable to different scenes from the movie the most though. :sweet: Also, some lovely figure combinations there!

Keep it up!

CF

This is an awesome MOC! I love the designs of the fireplace and chandelier.

If only Flint knew his head was being used for the deformed Harry! :laugh:

Matt

I really like this vignette. Very simple and effective! Look forward to seeing more from you in the future :classic:

Great job!

Is ron disfigured,too? ( I haven't read the book in a while)

Edited by sputnik16

nice moc i like the lamp and how you used marcus flints head

Welcome to Eurobricks. Just a few things... Please don't bump year old topics and remember to use punctuation and capitalization. Thank you.