Derfel Cadarn

Riverside Boathouse

Hi there,

This is the first moc from a series im building called The Countryside Collection. Each one will be part of a village, as most people seem to build towns and cities. I hope to build a Butchers, bookshop, pub, bakery, green grocers etc, all in the style of an English village.

This is the Riverside Boathouse, a perfect place to relax after a hard weeks work in the busy city.

This was a old CCC entry that I never entered and its been sitting around gathering dust until I decided to change the windows and add some modern features. Its not exactly what I was going for, but it works. I hope to make each one better and more colourful as I go along.

Enjoy

5354221085_a4e7d98016_z.jpg

5354702750_a466d58396_z.jpg

5354725204_00d045f3a3_z.jpg

5354712044_dd4138b474_z.jpg

Not the best pics, but Ive been pressed for time recently.

this is the reason I hate people like you. You always make stuff that looks so BEAUTIFUL, I just want to build something that good, but I get frustrated later because its never as good. You Sir, make AMAZING MOCs and I have to tell you that if it wasn't for Mocs that looked as good as yours I don't think anyone would be as interested in LEGOs as much as they are today, so your not the solution your just adding to the problem and I thank you so much for adding to the problem everyday!

Excellent MOC! It is highly detailed and looks realistic. I too like the base you have made for it. :thumbup:

Extremely well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Now your genius can be found the city forum 'Derfel Cardarn', an AWESOME boathouse and COOL brick-built row boat and mega-greenery too ! :grin:

I hate to think how much 1x1 round plates you used......er, how many do you use ? (maybe he cleaned out Bricklink ?) :laugh:

Well I will wait for your next installment, so Brick On 'Derfel Cardarn' ! :grin:

That is truly astonishing.

Love the boat and the brickwork around the door the most - but I really love absolutely everything!

I'm a sucker for details, and this really tickles my fancy. And you say it's just the first in a series? Can't wait for more!

And that sentence in small writing at the bottom of your signature is brilliant :laugh:

Very nice!

The plant life detail is what I found to be the one I'm staring at the most in this great, great MOC.

You never build anything that isn't gorgeous, do you? :tongue: This one is just as stunning as the other ones I have seen from you. And I wonder how you have the patience to stack that many 1x1 round plates on top of each other... Oh, and that little boat is really cute :sweet:. Nice touch with curved edges on the base too. Looking forward to seeing your next work :classic:

You really never cease to amaze us with your outstanding creations Derfel, and this one certainly doesn't disappoint. Yet another magnificent creation with lots of realistic details - lush and verdant greeneries, your signature textured walls, the sparkling riverwater - all these coupled with the equally great base truly makes this a stunningly beautiful masterpiece. :thumbup:

I'm simply just stunned by all the details! The garden around looks fantastic! At first it looks almost real.

That there's a work of art! The brickwork on the walls is stunning, and the doors are a nice touch. Everything else is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing, but I'd appreciate it if you gave us more pictures!

Thankyou all for your great comments. I am currently putting the finishing touches on the next installment, so should hopefully have it posted at the weekend.

Ooh. Can't wait! If you're anywhere close to the quality of this one (and having seen your other work, I have no doubt you will be) it will be another superb treat :)