CCOOK

MOC: Emerald Night Club Car

Here's a little something I've just finished today:

cc1z.jpg

Hinged top to view the restaurant:

cc2l.jpg

Restaurant deck removes to access the sleeper deck (thanks to ChromeBricks for the mirrors):

cc3l.jpg

You can see here I ripped off the doors of one side; there are steps up to the restaurant, and the old blue gunport covers make a nice shroud for the sleeper deck:

cc4v.jpg

I ensured that the ends of the car meet up flawlessly with a regular Emerald Night train car:

cc5t.jpg

Here's a little teaser; I am building an enormous train engine shed which will likely have a tender loader platform adjacent to it. The train engine shed will have a side-mounted garage that houses this work truck:

truckn.jpg

Enjoy the photos!

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

Not bad club car and those chrome vanity accessories are a nice touch. Oh, the truck is excellent too. :thumbup:

I agree with 'Fuzzy', train forum is better for this, except the truck....that needs it's own topic ! :thumbup:

Brick on 'CCOOK' ! :grin:

Wow. Clever use of that big base piece to lower the whole floor. The interior is really nice too. I'd love to see multiples of this :thumbup:

This is an excellent Train coach design with lots of fine interior details (chromes!) and nice opening roof playability. I also love that truck, very well done too! Good job on these CCOOK! :thumbup:

Great MOC! I too particularly like the usage of chrome parts and the detailed interior. :classic:

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

Topic moved to Train Tech.

Nice - I think this is the first brick-built Club Car that I've seen for the Emerald. It has the charm of the LEGO Metroliner Club Car.

I like the observation deck with the trans. 2x2 pieces - they look good. Overall, very nice, and I like the truck as well.

Great MOC. I wish there was a LDD/LDraw file so I could build one too. At the very least, what part is that for the base? I've never seen it before.

Really loving this MOC. I can't quite put my finger on what I like most, but I think it's just the overall feeling of realism you have created. It looks very believable, if that makes any sense :tongue:

Clever - a very ingenious design - but unfortunately it's ugly as sin !

You ain't seen nothing yet, Dr D! I'm unashamedly nicking this idea for my 7938.5 train and I reckon those large red roof slabs are going to look truly hideous when boosted further up. Have to see if I finish mine before andythenorth. :laugh:

Jonathan

One word: Fantastic! The car id perfect and the club van or whatever it is called, looks amazing too. great work whit these both creations! They are absolutly beatiful.

Captain Becker

Its quite excellent and I have only one criticism. It feels like there is too much brown. I feel that you should have used colors other then brown on the interior so it doesn't all blend together.

Well done, very impressive...

I'm wondering if you got the bulk of those pieces from a second EN car, or did you find all that tan (including the windows) on Bricklink?

This is absolutely brilliant! I love how it blends in perfectly with the original and the interior looks pretty good! :classic:

You ain't seen nothing yet, Dr D! I'm unashamedly nicking this idea for my 7938.5 train and I reckon those large red roof slabs are going to look truly hideous when boosted further up. Have to see if I finish mine before andythenorth. :laugh:

Jonathan

Ha - can't wait to see it !! While not to my taste aesthetically, it's certainly a cracking design !

I also love the truck, incidentally - very nice.

Dr. D.

Glad you all like it.

I say in the first post that this is only the beginning because it is.

I am currently out of town with no photos for this post, but I have constructed a red caboose (using special red log bricks from a place on brick link - "A Slim Chance" if I remember correctly) with a double bunk bed and dresser in it. The only problem was I was drunk and buzzed off a cigar when building it and the furniture is inverted so that one of the end doors doesn't open correctly (one of those black 1x4x5 doors with the squared-off inner corner to prevent it from closing in too far), so I will have to flip the furniture before posting.

I will have the parts for a second club car very soon; there will be one first-class regular car (interior re-done), plus one second- and one third-class car, along with a baggage car and the caboose.

I am also building an enormous train engine shed and have two additional Emerald Night trains for this (this helps me with the extra engines, and also provides some good parts for custom cars) for a total of three train engines with tenders. I've also purchased several sticker sheets for the Emerald Night off of Bricklink, along with dozens of small and large tan train windows.

The train engine sheds are going to be totally insane - one will have catwalks and ladders for workers, and the other will have a sliding crane that allows for lifting of large engine components.

The tender coal loader I have not really seriously desinged yet, but this will likely be adjacent to the sheds.

-CCOOK :jollyroger:

Edited by CCOOK

While I admire your creativity and your attention to detail, this really isn't prototypical of the type of train it was intended to depict. At the time these were running, a split level car was unheard of. Furthermore, the caboose was not an element found on European railways. There was either a guard compartment in the last car or a separate brake van.

That aside, you've done a nice job with the detailing. It would be nicer to get a consistent height across the length but you've made the transition as eye pleasing as possible. I look forward to seeing your sheds.

Awesome and well made, if only TLG would make some train cars for the emerald night

Agreed, but I've given up waiting and am now instead in the process of buying up all the parts needed for 5 additional coaches from Bricklink (including the stickers). Not cheap, but I'm nearly there !

I still think that the LEGO company is missing a trick by not selling these coaches themselves online (just a bag containing the parts + stickers + instructions; sell it like PAB if needs be; even selling at a premium it'd be cheaper than doing it via Bricklink, and loads easier for the customer)

Dr. D.