Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

*snip* No Photo Quotes that are that big!

Is that even flyable??! :laugh: I'll probably pass on those. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Peppermint_M
Removed Quote

The plane is a great piece pack to accompany a minifig.

But I have to say:

More sets that don't exist outside the US: Sarcastic yay!

Edited by vexorian

And no, this is not a joke. At least I don't think so, considering Brickset added them to their data bank. :look: They look quite nice as they remind me of the old adventurers promos. However, they don't contain anything special, so I probably wouldn't get them.

Yeah, they would be proper sets with some modification, but still not that good.

Has anyone seen these sets in Australia yet?

I haven't seen it yet (or even a mention). I hope that doesn't mean the theme's excluded. :sceptic:

The plane is great, but I think the car needs something in the back.

Has anyone seen these sets in Australia yet?

No, and they apparently aren't in any dealer catalogues yet. So it's either an exclusive at some stge mid to late 2011 to one retailer or not coming to retail here.

snip

I haven't seen it yet (or even a mention). I hope that doesn't mean the theme's excluded. :sceptic:

They appear on the Au S@H site but I've seen not a hint of PQ here..... But I'm in Tassie :grin:

The Pharaoh's Quest website now has the first three comics up! They're pretty simple (it's a LEGO theme, after all, and they're not much more profound than what you'd expect to find in the LEGO Club Magazines), but still humorous and entertaining.

It's worth noting that the third one's password is a bit tricky. The coded password spells out "ANBIS", but you need to type "ANUBIS" to unlock the comic. Probably a typo on the part of the programmers.

I also took all three of the quizzes, which I was impressed with. The main quizzes I'd taken before on LEGO sites were on various BIONICLE movie sites, and the answers to the quiz questions were always fairly obvious about which character they'd stick you with. In this case, though, the quizzes give you somewhat plausible questions (as opposed to "would you rather spend time surfing on lava or flying through the treetops") and the results make fairly accurate statements about your personality (at least in my case).

I wish there were more downloads for this theme. Not like I'd use them most likely, but still the "Hero's Lounge" section feels a little halfhearted compared to the wide range of downloads in other themes.

I live in Australia and I got my Pharaoh's Quest fix either through Barnes & Noble or Ebay - with the Aussie dollar going so well at the moment even with the postage you can't go wrong.

The Scorpion Pyramid only cost me $83 delivered and the Sphinx around $40.

Seriously these are beautiful sets and it is a real shame they aren't being released here.

Is there going to be a second wave in 2012, or is this theme done with? I'm really hopeful for another wave, but I think it's strange that there was no sets in Summer 2011. If Pharaoh's Quest is indeed finished, I hope that they make either an Oriental or Jungle adventurers theme.

I've noticed that this is my 100th post! I'm a Knight!

Edited by Gregorovich

Is there going to be a second wave in 2012, or is this theme done with? I'm really hopeful for another wave, but I think it's strange that there was no sets in Summer 2011. If Pharaoh's Quest is indeed finished, I hope that they make either an Oriental or Jungle adventurers theme.

I've noticed that this is my 100th post! I'm a Knight!

It looks to me like it was designed as a one-wave theme, much like World Racers. It's possible that LEGO might make another theme in the future with the same characters, though. There's not much precedent, especially in recent themes, but no way to rule out the possibility.

It looks to me like it was designed as a one-wave theme, much like World Racers. It's possible that LEGO might make another theme in the future with the same characters, though. There's not much precedent, especially in recent themes, but no way to rule out the possibility.

:sceptic: Meh! Are you sure it's a one run theme? Where did you hear/read this? I really like the line and was hoping they'd keep it up...

:sceptic: Meh! Are you sure it's a one run theme? Where did you hear/read this? I really like the line and was hoping they'd keep it up...

I never said I was sure, or that I had heard that anywhere. I just said it seemed that way to me. After all, it doesn't seem to me like a theme that could really be expanded too much further, and since there haven't been any hints at summer sets that suggests to me that there aren't plans to extend it too much further. I could very easily be wrong, just like I was wrong about Kingdoms ending after the first wave. But unlike with Kingdoms, I can't imagine much more material to exploit for this theme, and the best I can imagine for the future is a "sequel" theme with the same characters, following the tradition laid down by Adventurers.

And don't think I'm just hating on the theme-- I love this theme, even if I haven't been compelled yet to collect any of the sets. It just doesn't strike me as a theme that's likely to continue.

Edited by Aanchir

I think it would be great if Pharaoh's quest was a one shot quest, but the neo-adventurers characters come back for other themes to appear yearly. Imho, there is not so much to do with mummies after the Pyramid and the Sphinx. Would be nice seeing this Johny Thunder clone fighting with voodoo zombies or dinosaurs.

I got my first PQ set (the impulse one with the beetle) today. I must say, you get a lot of great parts for such a cheap set! And the beetle's design is very nice. I really like this line, and I hope that there's either more sets, or another adventurer's theme soon.

I never said I was sure, or that I had heard that anywhere. I just said it seemed that way to me. After all, it doesn't seem to me like a theme that could really be expanded too much further, and since there haven't been any hints at summer sets that suggests to me that there aren't plans to extend it too much further. I could very easily be wrong, just like I was wrong about Kingdoms ending after the first wave. But unlike with Kingdoms, I can't imagine much more material to exploit for this theme, and the best I can imagine for the future is a "sequel" theme with the same characters, following the tradition laid down by Adventurers.

With the two polybag sets that were recently unveiled, it seems unlikely that the theme is a one-and-done - it doesn't make sense for polybags to come out after the main line is all but over, since their purpose is to serve as cheap introductions to the larger theme.

The idea for future waves to feature the same characters in different situations/backdrops, similar to the original 'Adventurers' line, is a fun notion. It will be interesting to see what comes next, if this happens.

With the two polybag sets that were recently unveiled, it seems unlikely that the theme is a one-and-done - it doesn't make sense for polybags to come out after the main line is all but over, since their purpose is to serve as cheap introductions to the larger theme.

The idea for future waves to feature the same characters in different situations/backdrops, similar to the original 'Adventurers' line, is a fun notion. It will be interesting to see what comes next, if this happens.

I don't think the polybags are any indication that Pharaoh's Quest will be carrying on into 2012. After all, it's not even summer yet. If new Pharaoh's Quest polybags began showing up in September, then I might be convinced, but as it is LEGO's not going to stop marketing a one-wave theme just because pictures have begun to emerge of summer sets. Fact is, though, people can buy the theme even when it's no longer new, so the impulses are just as effective an introduction to the theme for many people as they would have been if they had come out in January.

Pharaoh's Quest sets are certainly going to remain in stores until the end of 2011 as I see it, and as the website demonstrates we've still got weeks of new content to get through. But none of that is any indication that there are new sets planned that we haven't seen-- it's all just additional material advertising the sets that are already out and are still relatively new.

Well, we never had a wave of Kingdoms for spring, but there is one in the summer. A break in the middle could still mean more sets.

With World Racers, it didn't seem to perform as well as other lines. It is a known fact and TLG are aware that their themes compete against each other. For all we know, a second wave of races was planned but it was mothballed due to poor sales.

The PQ sets are in supermarkets around me, so that gives them one up over World Racers (with buyers for major retailers ordering them, there is bound to be decent sales) as these never left the Lego Shop.

Quite a few Action themes have taken a brief break and then come back later.

With World Racers, it didn't seem to perform as well as other lines. It is a known fact and TLG are aware that their themes compete against each other. For all we know, a second wave of races was planned but it was mothballed due to poor sales.

It's really hard to say how successful World Racers was. It is a subtheme of the Racers theme which has had sets every year for the last 10 years. It has never been popular with AFOLs for various reasons but it was very appealing to kids, leading to the theme's longevity. The Cars 2 sets are the primary reason the theme is taking a break. It is the same situation that led to TLG putting the pirate theme on hold so that they don't compete against the Pirates of the Caribbean sets.

Pharaoh's Quest is a result of the TLG wanting to reinvent the Adventurers theme since the Indiana Jones line was discontinued. The characters will most likely be revisited again in a different locale. A new setting requires working out a different color palette. The current colors in production can't accommodate this so the sets have to be planned for next year. The most likely focus for the next wave will probably be the jungles of South America.

I can't decide between the Pyramid set and the Alien Conquest command center. Any suggestions?

I can't decide between the Pyramid set and the Alien Conquest command center. Any suggestions?

Although I don't own the Command Center, but I think its a better value. I do own the pyramid, and it isn't that great unless your all about play features.

Although I don't own the Command Center, but I think its a better value. I do own the pyramid, and it isn't that great unless your all about play features.

Really? I've only heard good things about the Pyramid. It looks a lot better than the mid-priced sets. But its a little pricey. :sceptic:

Really? I've only heard good things about the Pyramid. It looks a lot better than the mid-priced sets. But its a little pricey. :sceptic:

I'm not saying the pyramid is bad. I'm saying that the Command Center is better.

I'm not saying the pyramid is bad. I'm saying that the Command Center is better.

Agreed. I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Command Centre is one of the best non-exclusive sets of the year.