Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Do you mean NinjaGo? If so, that's not a new theme...but a card game...

Then why are there sets that are going to cost $50? That's a lot of cards.

Lego, are you trying to kill my wallet? :laugh:

Egypt sounds fantastic. Maybe even better to postpone my Harry Potter or PotC plans...

I'll be putting any PotC purchases on hold too because of this new Egyptian theme. If the pics are near as good as what I'm guessing them to be PotC is going to be the big loser, and not being licensed, my wallet will hopefully be the winner with the Egyptian sets.

Do you mean NinjaGo? If so, that's not a new theme...but a card game...
The collectable figs are pretty much a theme, so why are the ninjas, tops, and cards not a theme? :wacko: Edited by indianajones

Sounds strange, I mean , isn't ninjago an action theme? And so is atlantis, then does this mean we are going to have 3 action themes?

Edited by vexorian

Sweet :cry_happy:! How come TLG always comes up with more and more exciting themes! I can't wait to see pics. I have always wanted an egyptian theme. Hopefully we will see a lot of new minifigure accessories!

I think Johnny Thunder will comeback, but he is no longer has a mustache. And it is unknown that Lord Sam Sinister will be comeback as a main villain of the theme or not?

I think Johnny Thunder will comeback, but he is no longer has a mustache. And it is unknown that Lord Sam Sinister will be comeback as a main villain of the theme or not?

Where did you get the whole johnny thunder with no mustache thing? :wacko:

Guys, nothing in the information has said anything about Johnny Thunder. Don't get your hopes up.

Then why are there sets that are going to cost $50? That's a lot of cards.

Ah, I must've missed them. I skimmed over them but didn't notice it.that would be some expensive cards. Maybe you get a lot of them in one pack. :sweet:

Ah, I must've missed them. I skimmed over them but didn't notice it.that would be some expensive cards. Maybe you get a lot of them in one pack. :sweet:

:laugh:

This gives some explanation to this screeenshot I took from my Target iPod app a few weeks ago...

photo.png

-Derek :classic:

This gives some explanation to this screeenshot I took from my Target iPod app a few weeks ago...

photo.png

-Derek :classic:

Could this mean Target in the USA get the first bite of the cherry on this new theme like for Black Friday in November if my memory serves me correct ?

Also you could never have Johnny Thunder without a mo....he's an Aussie remember....Lego's answer to Errol ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! everyone !

I saw this last night too. It seems interesting enough. I hope we'll get mummies and stuff like that.

From the names of the sets, I'm gathering that there are some explorers or something and another faction against them. Hopefully, this other faction is completely fictitious and doesn't comprise of people.

By the looks of things, I'll get the four cheapest ones, and maybe the Sphinx if it's model-worthy.

If one set is called 'duel in the air', then there will very likely be two teams. What mythical Egyptian creature could a biplane be fighting in the air? It would have to be another biplane.

I really hope they visit different countries from year to year, which will give them an opportunity to have different clothes and vehicles. Desert gear... jungle gear... polar gear...

In other words, I want the 'adventurers' back.

If one set is called 'duel in the air', then there will very likely be two teams. What mythical Egyptian creature could a biplane be fighting in the air? It would have to be another biplane.

Quote from the 2011 themes and sets? topic:

maybe I repeat old info but today I saw the retailer catalogue for 2011.

"Pharaons" is the name of the new adventurer line. Tha adventurer fight agains classic mummy and mummy with wings like aztec warrio (something similar they were very pretty). There were 6 set (from little to big egiptian temple)

A mummy with wings perhaps? It's mentioned by Quex at 1001steine too that a new part will be "wings" (check first post). I would guess the theme will have one adventurer-like team fighting a fantasy mummy faction. As a small reminder too, there are several flying creatures in the Egyptian mythology, falcons, scarabs, griffins.

If Johnny Thunder and his crew will make a return is impossible to say right now, even if I'm not counting on it. But since those minifigs are really cheap on Bricklink, it's easy to change the characters in the theme to those you want instead :wink:

If Johnny Thunder and his crew will make a return is impossible to say right now, even if I'm not counting on it. But since those minifigs are really cheap on Bricklink, it's easy to change the characters in the theme to those you want instead :wink:

Exactly my thoughts. Even if LEGO gives us some new-fashioned "Dino2010-world racers"esque adventurers team, I suppose that it won't be a problem for us, who remember and love the original theme ( :wub: ) to integrate old minifigs and vehicles with the "new" Egypt. )

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

The guy who posted on the german site gives a few more details about the line over at My linkhttp://imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?t=21105.

He said it's Human vs. Mummys/Mythic Creatures. He also mentioned an Anubis like head ( :wub: ). The setting/vehicles is similar to the adventurers line (Oldtimers, double-decker, 1930 like style). The pyramid lies on a baseplate similar to the "Temple of Akator" Set. No mention of Johnny Thunder, but who knows. Sounds very nice so far.

Edited by Plissken

So it's basically the Ramses Pyramid game, but as a theme! :grin: No wonder there's a Ramses Return game planned for 2011!

The guy who posted on the german site gives a few more details about the line over at My linkhttp://imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?t=21105.

He said it's Human vs. Mummys/Mythic Creatures. He also mentioned an Anubis like head ( :wub: ). The setting/vehicles is similar to the adventurers line (Oldtimers, double-decker, 1930 like style). The pyramid lies on a baseplate similar to the "Temple of Akator" Set. No mention of Johnny Thunder, but who knows. Sounds very nice so far.

Sweet! I'm still having doubts but the more news we get the more it sounds like this will be a revival of adventurers style sets rather than a Power Miners/Atlantis/Agents clone theme.

Hm, I really like thae fact that we'll be having a post-WWI and pre-WWII period in the theme. :thumbup:

I just hope it's more like old Adventurers, rather than action and battle oriented Atlantis sets.

BTW, I doubt that there's a strict relation between Atlantis and the new theme, but perhaps Dr. Rhodes (from Atlantis site) is a hint or a link to the new theme? We've already seem Atlantis referring to oither themes, you know. ) :classic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Edited by The Penguin

This sounds freakin' awesome. Played with the original Egypt sets a lot as a kid, usually while watching Indiana Jones. This, ninjago and city space have me pretty excited for next year.

Also for the January 5 new Atlantis Sts have been announced, wait on some very cool new pieces:

...2x2 round stones, which are ribbed on the body...hammerhead shark-like creature...

:oh3::oh:*oh2*

2877.jpgX 3941.jpg?

thumb_Jab-Front.jpg?

:sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman