JCC1004

Have you been on TV before?

I've been in the news a couple of times. It's amazing what kinda weird quotes they get from you and put on TV. :laugh: Also when my dad was on the big navy ship that was in "Top gun" and "Behind enemy lines." when he was in the navy and was asked to be in those movies but he didn't know what the movies were going to be like so he refused. And my idiot uncle (That's a nice way of putting it) was on the news once for making his son be born on 6/6/06 then soon abandoned him when he was like 4. :cry_sad:

I guess. But there was a lot of people on the list, It seemed like they listed them all.

But no offense, I really couldn't imagine someone doing Reaper, Heroes and How I met your mother and then doing Voice overs for completely different games? Cause its a coincidence that Reaper, Heroes and How I met your mother are all shown on the channel E4, So I'm a bit wary whether his just listed his favorite shows. :grin:

What is E4

I do voice overs for movies. I did a few CDs and Video Games aswell.

A few I did are both Narnia films, and the next one, all the Harry Potters, Keeping Mum, Quantum Of Solace and a few others.

I was mainly only background voices, but in some of the films I was on set, and I'm listed on a few of the credits. :classic:

OMG What voice did you do in the Harry Potter movies?

I myself played student 11 when I was 17, in a movie about how to deal with the loss of death. The movie was called 'blikken speelgoed' which means as much as 'tin toys'. You can see me for about 3 seconds or so. It rocked!

And more recently, I've been on television with my pupils. There was a lecture about a educative environment education game in Sittard, my class was invited to play the game about the environment at the end of the lecture to show the people how the educative game they developed worked. It was hosted by a talking Dalmatian dog who thought he was really funny. It was broadcasted on regional television. You can see me walking around for 4 or 5 times.

Edited by badboytje88

I've been an extra in several Swedish crime movies (in one i was actually one of the bank robbers). It was a nice way to get some extra cash when I was a student/unemployed. I just hung around the set for a day, walk by the camera a couple of times, and by the end of the day i got 35 euro and a free pizza :sweet:

I haven't actually bothered to watch any of them, since i don't like crime movies.

I was interviewed for a story on the evening TV news. It was kind of weird that people (including the mayor) were stopping me on the street after the story aired. I think I'd rather be behind the camera than in front.

I was in the music video for the band Reveille which was on MTV, although I didn't see the video itself for years later. The band is originally from Chelmsford, MA and the video was shot in Lowell, MA in front of the Songas Arena. They brought a bunch of cars from the junkyards to put in front so the band could stand on and rock out. I was a stand in for one of the guys on the car so they could do the lighting. Have you ever wondered how bands on music videos jump and dance on top of cars safely without falling? They ingeniously spray an M3 Adheasive on the hood and roof so your feet never slip.

Then along with others I sweated my but off dancing, moshing, rockin out. But goodluck finding me because every shot lasts less then 3 seconds which greatly disappointed me. The cute girl in the blue shirt at 04 second mark, I remember her being right next to me. When you watch the beginning it says, "16 hours of 100 degree heat with fans" and that is no joke. We were there for many many hours! No one got paid or credit, and they never even asked anyone to sign any release forms. But hey, we do it for the love of music and not the money or fame.

Incidentally, it always annoys me how MTV videos always have 1 second frames going from this to that like a drunk roller coaster ride. Gets me dizzy just watching this video. I'm in there somewhere in front of the steps near the girl in the blue with the blond hair tied at 4 seconds mark. Goodluck trying to find me though. I watched this video for almost 2 hours once trying to find myself and pausing a lot. Maybe if I had a full res version I could. A bit frustrating but oh well...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c0vy_re...t-you-got_music

You can tell I'm still bitter about it though lol

Edited by Grimmy

When you watch the beginning it says, "16 hours of 100 degree heat with fans" and that is no joke. We were there for many many hours! No one got paid or credit, and they never even asked anyone to sign any release forms.

Sadly, that is how a lot of music videos get made.

I sang on T.V a couple of times with a big choir of kids at a Christmas telethon.

Ok because we have ignorant people and children on this forum I should probably give you some evidence.

I was in the Heroes episode http://heroeswiki.com/Episode:I_Am_Become_Death

I was in this How i met your mother episode http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showdown_(How...et_Your_Mother)

I don't know which Reaper episode because I don't really watch it.

And in the Videogames I really can't get proof unless you have screenshots of every character including npcs.

An interview with Zack the LEGO Maniac, done in 2008.

That's not even Zack. It says right in the description box.

Allow me to share with you guys something unusual that happened to me yesterday. Last night, I got a call from the top TV station in our country informing that I was chosen as a contestant in one of the games in their noontime game show. I just couldn’t believe my luck(?) because this will actually be my third time to appear on television. This kind of things doesn’t normally happen to ordinary people like me, moreso be given multiple chances to be part of a TV show, so I was like, “Man, this is totally insane and unbelievable!”

The first time I had the chance to be on TV was in my junior year in high school when me and one of my classmates were sent as our school’s representative for a televised inter-school quiz bee, named Battle of the Brains. We eventually won in the weekly finals but lost the following week.

My second experience was when I joined the Philippine’s version of Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? (Kakasa Ka Ba Sa Grade 5? in our native language) just last year. That has got to be one of the most embarrassing yet funniest moments of my life – I “dropped-out” of the contest after only three questions! LEGO_facepalm.gif The ‘killer’ question was a freakin’ 3rd grade Mathematics question that was so hard that even my 5th grader ‘classmate’ (help/lifeline) wasn’t able to save me from losing. default_sad.gif Watch this video to see that KielDaMan is NOT smarter than a 5th grader. default_tong.gif

And now this will be my third time. I am actually contemplating not joining this time because of my history of ‘good luck-turned-bad’. Besides, this one will be just a game of luck and not a battle of wits.

---------

Anyways, has this kind of things ever happened to you? Have you ever had your chance to be seen on TV? Share your "15 minutes of fame" stories here. I thought it would be interesting to share one's funny experiences being on TV. default_classic.gif

Can't say I've ever been on TV, but I did show up for about five seconds on AFOLS: a blocumentary with my camera. :laugh:

Three showings? Wow, that's impressive. :thumbup: Too bad about the third question, though. But go for the third time! After all, your 'good luck turned bad' is only about 50-50. Still good chances. :tongue:

I've been on TV before. I was in the background, I'm not sure if that counts though...

Yes that counts. Even mere seconds of TV exposure matter. default_blink.gif Care to elaborate more?

My story's even topical!

I went on TV at the age of 7 (1974 - do the maths) to be presented with the first prize in a competition that I'd won.

The show was a 4pm kids/cartoon show, and the presentation was done live to air.

My prize? A Lego set - Basic set 8, which, in 1974, was the largest set Lego made.

45109.jpg

I work in television production and have no desire to be in front of the camera. Wouldn't want to break a lens, after all.

I have been on multiple times. Once while helping with the fires in Arrowhead, CA,(2001 I think) once for a Reading program (on the city's TV Station) once while I was at a Prop 8 Rally. And the fourth time some guys came over and filmed a movie of my family, (during the time of Prop 8, they were from Japan) Other than that, no, I have never been on TV. :wink:

Well, there have also been times when something was being filmed, and I was in the background.(Float Decorating for the Rose Parade,and other things like that.)

TV many times, but only for sporting events. I've also been in documentaries for Paul Tracy and Steve Nash.

My first TV appearance was back in 1995, the year my Grandmother died. There was an incident in a nearby town where a loaded school bus was hit by a train. I went to the local hospital where some of the injured kids were taken just thinking to donate blood but I ended-up volunteering and getting the line of donors organized so that everyone had every things signed ans was assigned to a station before they got to the area where the actual donation was happening (High School ROTC teaches military organization well).

In April of 2005 I taped an episode of The Nancy Grace Show regarding Sex Offender Recovery, it was aired in Dec of 2006.

In May of 2005 I was a "Phone in guest" on a day time legal issues talk show regarding Six Flags Amusement Parks official policy stating that they could eject someone from their parks if they were ever convicted of a Sex Offense. The policy was absurd and unenforceable, Six Flags removed it from all of their literature (including the back of their season passes) before the 2006 season began. I was also in a nationally (AP) distributed print article about it.

In September of 2005 I taped a two episode series of The Montel Williams Show, my 13 year old daughter also appeared on-screen, regarding Sex Offender Recovery.

I've also done 2 nationally broadcast radio interviews regarding Sex Offender Recovery & Recidivism during 2005.

Edited by kyphur

My first TV appearance was back in 1995, the year my Grandmother died. There was an incident in a nearby town where a loaded school bus was hit by a train. I went to the local hospital where some of the injured kids were taken just thinking to donate blood but I ended-up volunteering and getting the line of donors organized so that everyone had every things signed ans was assigned to a station before they got to the area where the actual donation was happening (High School ROTC teaches military organization well).

In April of 2005 I taped an episode of The Nancy Grace Show regarding Sex Offender Recovery, it was aired in Dec of 2006.

In May of 2005 I was a "Phone in guest" on a day time legal issues talk show regarding Six Flags Amusement Parks official policy stating that they could eject someone from their parks if they were ever convicted of a Sex Offense. The policy was absurd and unenforceable, Six Flags removed it from all of their literature (including the back of their season passes) before the 2006 season began. I was also in a nationally (AP) distributed print article about it.

In September of 2005 I taped a two episode series of The Montel Williams Show, my 13 year old daughter also appeared on-screen, regarding Sex Offender Recovery.

I've also done 2 nationally broadcast radio interviews regarding Sex Offender Recovery & Recidivism during 2005.

Your advocacy is truly very admirable kyphur, my hats off to you, Sir. :thumbup:

-----

And just an update: Just came from my third TV contest. Guess what happened? Booted out of the first round right away. Lost. Again. I'm becoming an expert in losing on TV contests. :tongue:

Edited by KielDaMan

Lets see...Yesterday I was on the news because I was picking apples.

And just an update: Just came from my third TV contest. Guess what happened? Booted out of the first round right away. Lost. Again. I'm becoming an expert in losing on TV contests. :tongue:

:laugh:

I was on an episode of Geraldo in the early 90's. He wasn't a very friendly TV host during the commercials.