Sign in to follow this  
BearHeart

Pink Knights - Still an Issue?

So there's a sale on Kingdoms sets at my local TRU tomorrow and I'm planning on getting a bunch of these sets, namely, the main castle and dragon knight fort.

I'm a little hesitant about buying the more expensive sets because of the pink color issue which would affect the horse barding. I've read that the issue was resolved and that only the first batch of sets had this problem. My question is, are these 'pink' sets still poping up? Has anyone bought Kingdoms sets recently (last two months or so) and ended up getting pink knights?

PS. I bought 2 knight showdown sets when they first came out (March?) and I ened up getting pink knights and I haven't bought any Kingdoms sets since then.

In Germany (or at least the region where I live) the sets are just available sincs two or three weeks. I bought Knight´s Showdown and can report that my Knight isn´t a pink one :)

The latest set I bought was the Advent Calendar and my lion knights are infested with the pink... Since the calendar is a new release, I'm guessing the pink plague is still around.

This is the first time I'm hearing about the pink, can anyone post a picture of what it looks like?

I've bought sets from both the Europe and the US and its a mixed lot as to what's pink and what's not. For example, on release in June from Europe I bought the large Castle - which was fine - and 2 of the smaller Prison Carriage sets - both of which were dodgy. But I recently bought another large Castle from the US and both the white-on-red prints were pink. But the Advent Calendars I opened recently (from Europe) were both fine.

I never heard official confirmation that they fixed the pink issue on the horse barding either - source? The last time I requested replacement torsos they did send them promptly - I just sent another round of requests. It is very frustrating.

So far I have no pink knights. All my Kingdoms sets were either bought in Australian shops or from S@H, (ie all European versions).

edit: or pink shields or barding

Edited by Artanis I

It's unfortunate that LEGO still hasn't properly addressed this. The knights in my advent calendar were pink. I had hoped they would have sorted this out by now. I guess that the European Advent Calender is okay whereas some North American copies still suffer from pinkitis.

I recently bought a Knight's Showdown in Canada that had proper white printing for the Lion, there may still be old stock that's red though.

I still have yet to see any pictures of this problem.

Anyways, it's a printing problem, right? What happens when the printing/ink cartridge goes bad? They replace it. So, the printing/pink knights problem should be "limited", I don't think it will be here long.

I still have yet to see any pictures of this problem.

Anyways, it's a printing problem, right? What happens when the printing/ink cartridge goes bad? They replace it. So, the printing/pink knights problem should be "limited", I don't think it will be here long.

It actually is pretty bad a problem. I'd say about 40-50% of sets have this problem.

Just got my Advent Calendar set today and the pink knight has finally made his appearance!

I suspect the pink knights are a result of being the last print before changing to a new cartridge or refill, hence the watered down white colour causing the distinct pink.

Just to clarify, the problem is not that the paint on the figures is pink, its that the white paint is applied in such a thin coat that the red plastic comes through and gives the white paint a pink hue.

Just to clarify, the problem is not that the paint on the figures is pink, its that the white paint is applied in such a thin coat that the red plastic comes through and gives the white paint a pink hue.

I was about to say something similar, because I just checked my lone Lion Knight from Knight's Showdown, and I noticed a pink tint from the white on the printing.

Edited by Captain M

I've bought a lot of the kingdom sets a lot of multiples!I never payed attention to this until I read this thread and noticed Ive got 14 out of 25 pinks!!! I called Lego today but i wasn't home and they needed the set numbers and I dont know them off the top of my head! Hopefully they can replace them for me! :sceptic:

This is the first time I'm hearing about the pink, can anyone post a picture of what it looks like?

pinkknight.jpg

Picture from Classic Castle.

The problem is that white needs 2 rounds of printing on red to be "white". Here´s the response from TLG Quality Department:

Yes it is correct that the white print need to be double, so that it do not become pink. Issue have been identified back in the beginning of march but apparently have some elements slipped through and have been packaged.

The problem is that white needs 2 rounds of printing on red to be "white". Here´s the response from TLG Quality Department:

Whenever you repaint a house if the new colour is light and the old one dark you have to do an extra coat - exact same principle.

I think I recently got knights showdown. Or what ever the one with the little catapult is. The printing does seem to be a little pinckish... :hmpf_bad: I am really disappointed in the quality these days. :angry:

EDIT: Sorry, not recently, a few says ago!! :wacko:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

I think most of you just being anal about it. Please prove me wrong by posting a pink soldier with a red soldier next to it with no flash on.

I think most of you just being anal about it. Please prove me wrong by posting a pink soldier with a red soldier next to it with no flash on.

Scroll up :hmpf:

A small number of people (especially kids) might not notice it but the vast majority of people do, so much in fact that LEGO has acknowledged the problem.

I noticed the 'pink' right away from personal observation without even knowing about the issue previously. I opened the box and was like "WTF, why is the torso pink?"

Edited by BearHeart

Mine are pretty much all pink... If people are having replacement luck I think I'll give Lego a try. I'd pretty much stopped buying these sets because all the copies I got were pinked.

God Bless,

Nathan

...so, once they get this fixed, "pink" knights may become a novelty years later? Obviously not like the red vader heads or other unique elements... but still, They are now worth noting in the annuls of Lego history.

I suppose this is also what happens when you get more automated factories, with less humans to check for this.

Oddly, now I want one of these!