Sign in to follow this  
ANT

The Old Mine

Hi!

I would like to present you my most recent creation, "The Old Mine".

It seems that our old miner has passed away without finding the yellow metal. :pirate_skel1:

:tongue:

Your comments are welcome!

theoldmine01.jpg

theoldmine03.jpg

theoldmine02.jpg

Edited by ANT

Excellent run down mine operation there 'ANT' - pitty about the old goldminer though ! :devil:

Great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Nice looking moc. Good use of the loot island base plate, youve blended it in with the mine very well!

Nice usage of the baseplate. It's a hard one to MOC with.

Shame the poor fellow didn't made it, it would be cool if you put some more goodies around. An old frying pan or something.

I also don't really like the owl there, it doesn't fit within the landscape. I'd suggest using a grey or brown parrot. Or a snake on the roof.

This is a nice little scene. It's not easy to make good use of the Loot Island baseplate but I like the way you used yours.

I couldnt even think at Loot Island baseplate could use like that :cry_happy: Beatiful scene, and i agree whit Blackmoor at the owl wont suit very well and there could be some snakes around. Otherly grea job mate, very beatiful scene

Captain Becker

This is a pretty solid looking mine, there ANT! The pirates island baseplate is a great choice and overall give it a very smoothe look.

But with the prospector gone, then we can find that yellow metal. :devil:

Edited by Forresto

Thank you very much for all your comments default_cry_happy.gif .

I agree regarding the owl, as for the snakes I don't owe one yet default_laugh2.gif

That's an awesome Western MOC, ANT! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It looks absolutely realistic and would fit in every Western landscape!

Only two ideas for improvemt: I'd add a hole where you get in- and outside the mine and I'd add a small hut as resting place or briefing room for the miners during work.

Otherwise it's perfect!

Very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

A nice vignette ANT, well done on the nice photography as well. I feel a bat may be a better option than an owl, and maybe a scorpion or rat picking the carcass as well.

There are very few MOCs made entirely with Lego's current pallet that I really enjoy... and this one of them! It has that lovely timeless quality of an enjoyable set, while touches of design reiterate that it is indeed a MOC. Some lovely work, particularly in the condensed scale.

God Bless,

Nathan

This is great I never thought some one would use that baseplate in a MOC :classic:

May I suggest to change the owl for another animal?

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Thank you again for your comments default_blush.gif

May I suggest to change the owl for another animal?

Yes you're right, as several forumers previously pointed out, the owl seems a little bit lost in this environment default_tong.gif

Thank you again for your comments default_blush.gif

Yes you're right, as several forumers previously pointed out, the owl seems a little bit lost in this environment default_tong.gif

Yes lost :tongue: may I suggest a brick built Vulture

Nice and simple build ANT! Great way to use that huge baseplate. I love the simplistic but effective approach on the build, the final product does look an abandoned, failed, old mine.

I know everyone else has said this, but great use of the island base plate. It's a shame Lego haven't found further use for it, but maybe with the upcoming Pirates of the Carribean, it will get more love. All together a very poignant MOC.