Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

:oh: Nice find! This photo shows quite clearly that the elf ears are part of the wig, painted yellow! And there's a quite funny face under that gorilla costume! Edited by Fugazi

for those in Forest Grove, Oregon usa, you might be able to find these at your local tru:

http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=lego+8803&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Thanks for the link! Nice to see some close-ups of some of the minifigs. Great head for the gorilla suit guy indeed! :laugh::thumbup:

I hadn't noticed before (or maybe it has changed) that the indian chief's spear is in brown, I like that. And I don't know if I'm right but is that the rapper's underwear showing at his hip-piece? Great realistic touch in that case :tongue:

Observations:

• The Indian Chief's spear handle is reddish brown, not dark brown as I'd suspected originally.
  • The logo on the rapper's hat is EPIC. The boombox is also a gorgeous new piece.
  • The gorilla suit guy's mask has actual eyeholes through which the minifigure's eyes show. In some of the pictures the mask is aligned badly and you can see his yellow face showing through.
  • There's a picture of the gorilla suit guy without his mask, but regrettably none with the samurai without his armor. I look forward to seeing what his outfit looks like underneath.

Really getting excited now!

lol, the gorilla's head makes it all worth it.

I am not sure I like the "space pirate"'s color scheme. Somehow think it would been much better if the arm, gun and leg were black, silver or even white, but not gun mental...

Edited by vexorian

Thanks for sharing the links. The zoom feature is really useful and some of the pieces look really good. The new cap is much more realistic and I want to see that in other sets. The boombox, gorilla head and of course the chief print and hair piece are all great to have. I think we will see the other minifigures show up in no time. :classic:

from toysnbricks it appears that the minifigs are out at fred myers in the usa!

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1704

edit here is the full artical on it:

http://brickpop.com/2010/11/16/january-my-megablocks-series-3-minifigures-are-in-the-house-my-house/

I think the guy in that picture is an megablocks for buying 12 boxes, there is no excuse for that.

I think the guy in that picture is an megablocks for buying 12 boxes, there is no excuse for that.

I'm pretty sure I read in their story that they had a 25% off coupon, and so got all their boxes they bought at 25% off. If they turn around and sell, that will be a nice profit margin, albeit a lot of work.

from toysnbricks it appears that the minifigs are out at fred myers in the usa!

http://toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1704

edit here is the full artical on it:

http://brickpop.com/2010/11/16/january-my-megablocks-series-3-minifigures-are-in-the-house-my-house/

:hmpf_bad: Did they have to take 11 boxes of S3? They could've left some for others especially kids! :thumbdown:

post-11300-129002618292.jpgpost-11300-129002605767.jpgit looks like they will have printing on their backs! Edited by r4-g9

Maybe Lego is going to make a female + male pair of almost all ideas? I think this would be amazing!

Just imagine Cavewoman, Emo-skateboard/ rollerblades girl, Wizard...

You know what I mean right? :D

That would be cool, a few more females in the LEGO lineup is always welcome.

I was hoping to see that Mastermind had these already but, alas, still only series two.

I like the zipper on the back of the Guerrilla. With some customizing that could make a really good leather jacket front etc. Also, that face is perfect for many scenes.

However, it will be hard to get these with no Barcodes :sadnew:

Wow! My favourites from these new pics are the Rapper and the Cyborg. IMO, the Samurai is the weakest one of the bunch.

:hmpf_bad: Did they have to take 11 boxes of S3? They could've left some for others especially kids! :thumbdown:

That's what I'm saying!

"He can turn around and sell them". OK so there is an excuse for that, but that doesn't make him any less of a *beeeeeeep*. A Box is fine, two is iffy, 11 is just insane and if I saw him in line I would have made a scene.

Haha, the comments on the 20-25 pages are cracking me up :laugh:, everyone seems to think theirs a definition of what the ideal elf should look like from D & D, or like lord of the rings. Just bear in mind that no matter what TLG does, SOMEBODY is gonna have problem with it. I personally think they're doing an outstanding job, the minifigures series are a true tribute to lego themes. I mean they could of just passed up the idea, remember that its not the easiest thing to make up and let alone design an actual lego set that is 100% liked. :wink:

Edited by brickartist

That's what I'm saying!

"He can turn around and sell them". OK so there is an excuse for that, but that doesn't make him any less of a *beeeeeeep*. A Box is fine, two is iffy, 11 is just insane and if I saw him in line I would have made a scene.

Here's my response, posted elsewhere as well:

Give me a break. They wanted a bunch of minifigs, they went and got a bunch of minifigs. What number is acceptable to you? 5 of each? One of each? Can I come to your house and determine what bricks you have too many of and aren't using in what I deem a proper manner?

What if you're building an army? What about mummy hordes? Baseball team?

Especially with series 3, with no barcodes, it is understandable (and predictable) that somebody trying to build, say, a baseball team would buy 11 cases, therefore being sure he has enough figs. At least with barcodes one could pick and choose what figs to buy in quantity.

If you've got a gripe, take it up with TLG for their methods.

No, I'm not the guy in the pic, and I haven't found any series 3 to call my own yet.

I am definatly liking these even more now.

As for the "no bar codes" thing, I am sure people will just feel through the bag. I certainly will :)

That or people will buy whole cases.

I don't mind people buying them in large quantities to sell online. The more people do that, the more competition there will be, the lower the prices for those of us who want to buy specific figs with no risk.

Still no listings for the hula girl. I'm really curious about that skirt.

No wait, just found one. She has a flower in her hair! I had no idea about that. But the skirt doesn't seem to have the grass pattern printed on it that I'd hoped for. In fact I'm quite sure it's different from the one on the Japanese sheet.

Edited by David Thomsen

For anyone complaining about the guy in the photo with 11 boxes, try reading his article. They bought for several friends in their LUG, with only a few boxes each. Still a lot, but not exactly 11 for one guy.

Sure, no kids will be able to buy any figures from that one particular store right this moment, but TLG showed us with series 2 that they fixed the supply issue and we know this new series will be around well into 2011. Besides, who is excited and hyped up about the next wave, kids or adults? Kids don't even know about it yet, because they don't browse the Lego forums looking for retailer catalog scans. AFOLs will buy up all the figures they want as soon as they're available, and then kids will get their chance once word trickles down to them that a new series is out.