WesternOutlaw

Favorite Adventure Subtheme

Favorite Adventure Subtheme  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Adventure subtheme?

• Amazon Jungle
    • Dino Island
    • Egyptian Desert
    • Orient Expedition - China
    • Orient Expedition - India
    • Orient Expedition - Mount Everest
    • I hate the Adventure Theme
    • I can't decide because I like them all

Couldn't decide, I have the large Egyptian set and the Dragon Fortress. I also have some small adventure sets with it.

I like them all.

Like many of you i voted for the Egyptian dessert :sweet: i have almost al of the (big) sets, except the tomb... but the sphinx was just amazing! the design is great and lot of playabilities!

EGYPT

I am a sucker for anything Egyptian, and those sets had some good parts and figs. I didn't care for the Amazon or Dino Island themes, but the Orient Expedition sets were pretty good. :thumbup:

I admit that most of these are awesome.

But still I like the Dino Island subtheme the most.

The idea of having JT hunting dinosaurs was awesome and the animals we're some of the best LEGO ever did.

The T-Rex rocks and the crappy Dino2010 theme's dinosaurs were awful.

Tough choice, but in the end I had to vote for: "can't decide because I like them all". :tongue:

I have always loved the Adventurers, and I'm sad that I never got any except for a few of the smaller desert ones, as they all came out in my dark ages.

The desert sets have some great parts, and you have to love the fact that they are the original.

Jungle looks pretty good, but I think it's probably my least favorite of the bunch. Orient Expedition had some fantastic sets, especially the larger ones like the Scorpion Palace, and had quite a few unique pieces.

I haven't looked at Dino Island much, but I don't really like the Jurassic Park idea.

I haven't looked at Dino Island much, but I don't really like the Jurassic Park idea.

Hey!

Are you looking for a fight?

Dino Island rocks...

And you said you liked them all :cry_sad:

For me that's Egypt, hands down. I've always been really enthousiastic about TLC making historical theme. Even if the adventurers aren't really aimed at bringing knowledge about ancient cultures to the kids (sadly...), they contain all the good accessories and bricks requiered. Not to mention those cool sarcophagus and pharao minifigs *skull*

You took the words right out of my mouth! ( or is it fingers?) The egyptian theme was one of the greatest themes in lego history! :sweet:

~Computerbug

For me it's a very tough decision between the Egyptian subtheme and Dino Island... hmm... fine I vote for Egypt, simply because of the good designs and originality, and, well, come on -- it's EGYPT!! I don't own any of the large sets from it, but I really liked some of the small ones I have, like Johnny Thunder's car or the Anubis little treasure-temple thing. And you have to admit, the vehicle designs from that line were just excellent! The Sphynx set looks pretty good, too (unfortunately, I can't say the same thing about the Anubis Temple...).

...Other than that, I used to be a huge fan of the Dino Island (mostly because of the dinosaurs, though), and I own most of the sets. Amd the Dino Research Compound is one of my favourite sets ever! You might disregard the building itself as badly designed (and I disagree; it's probably more detailed than the Temple of Anubis) or of little playability, but you have to admit, it contains a LOT of very useful pieces (and minifig accessories). I would also like to point out the greatness of some of the vehicles of the subtheme, namely, the big red plane and Baron von Barron's (that's what the bad guy was called in LEGO Racers) Island Racer (yes, I know that kind of a car doesn't really suit the terrain, but I just LOVE its design!).

Jungle was pretty good, too, but I have only a few small sets from that line. It definitely lacks in vehicle design, though.

Orient Expedition... this line was definitely a let down for me. Looks pretty under-developed. I actually don't have any of the sets from it (partly because I was in a pseudo dark age when it came out, when I wasn't interested in buying new LEGO sets at the time), but don't regret it much, though there were some useful rare pieces there...

The China subtheme stands out very clearly, though. The Scorpion Palace and the Emperor's Ship look very detailed and remind me more of the old Adventurers sets... as opposed to the Indian palace thing and the Mount Everest temple thing, which look really poorly made. I also find it kind of stupid how the elephant is larger than the triceratops (actually it's even larger than the Styracosaurus from Dinosaurs!). *huh* Plus, I hated the Yeti-type monsters (well, OK, I can understand the Yeti... but what the hell is the tiger man thing?!).

I would love if TLG made a new Adventurers subtheme (or, at least, remade an old one) -- with the old characters, of course -- though I can't think of any interesting new place they could possibly visit...

Hmmmm... any ideas?

I voted "I like them all" mainly because I don't have any of them, as this all happened during my dark ages.

The orient are probably my least favorite but they did come with some cool parts.

I voted for India Orient Expedition.

It was between India and China. I'd love to create a whole India ancient civilization in LEGO and without sets like Scorpion Palace, it's rather difficult.

Now with the new Pharaoh's Quest theme it gives me hope that one day Jake Raines will continue his adventure in India!

Geez, that's a tough one. I have to vote for "love them all" because that's what I do :) I have the orient, Egypt and the Dino series complete (even some sets maybe 2 or 3 times), and I'm missing only a few of the Amazon sets.

But if I really have to choose between the themes, I'd cast my vote for the Egyptian theme. It was this theme that got me into all the other Adventurers themes and made me go crazy to buy more and more of them. I like the characters of all the themes (simply because they are mostly the same :P ) but the Egyptian treasures and the secrets of the ancient temples are just superb!

But you can say that I really love all the themes and I think it's time for a new Adventurers theme :D

I voted for the egyptian theme as those were the only ones I had and only a few of them but seeing those other themes I wish had a few of those too, they do look really cool.

Well, now that this thread is bumped, I might as well give my two cents.

My favorite of all the "Johnny Thunder" subthemes would have to be Orient Expedition.

I really can't decide between Nepal, China, or India, but I voted for China anyways; just because I couldn't vote for all three. :tongue:

I voted for the Indian Orient Expedition, even though I never got any of the sets. I love all the Adventurer subthemes, except Dino Island (I don't know why, I just never really liked it). Adventurers is my favourite theme, and I really hope they make more subthemes other than PQ.

I voted for the Indian Orient Expedition, even though I never got any of the sets. I love all the Adventurer subthemes, except Dino Island (I don't know why, I just never really liked it). Adventurers is my favourite theme, and I really hope they make more subthemes other than PQ.

That's what I was thinking, too. I think we can at least expect a new jungle theme after PQ is done.

(I just hope that they don't waste their time with bringing back Dino Island...:hmpf_bad:)

I choose Egyptian desert, it's one of the few themes where i Got nearly all sets, I love the characters and the sets, it's one of my favourite lego themes ever :)

I have to say my favorite Adventurer theme is the Dino. I never cared to much for the dinos themselves but, the vehicles. Going back to the start in the desert , I'd get a couple different sets just for the cars or trucks. Up until Indie came and the Adventurers ended. On to PQ sets I guess :classic:

I voted for China, though I love Egypt -i admit that Pharaoh surpasess Egypt by far...- and Mount Everest, but i have to admit China's fortress is impressive :classic:

Edited by fff

I think Orient Expedition in general was the best subtheme, but if I had to get more specific I'd say I enjoyed Mount Everest the most. Really nice figs and I just like the concept. I don't mind the Dino Island sets as much as everyone else seems to, but Orient Expedition is definitely the epitome of the theme for me.

I choose Egypt. While the old Adventurers' Egypt line was my favourite as a kid, the new Pharaoh Quest looks really awesome to my eyes too.