CMP

Collectable Minifigure Display

43 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you put your collectable minifigures?

• They shall live in a palace!
    • Gotta make some room for them.
    • Either way.
    • Let them stand free.
    • They don't need anything to look good!

Since series 1 is coming to a close, I'm sure most of you rushed to pick up the last of them. But once you bring 16 wonderful figs into your house, where are you going to put them? Are you going to build them a huge, elaborate display, or are you going to leave them to guard your computer desk? You tell me!

I for one, haven't decided yet, but I don't have much room on my shelf.

Edited by CallMePie

My son is the main collector of these and he uses all 16 to create his own MOC-minifigs, so a special storage case for us would be totally useless.

Anyway, I'm a conformist! everyone ! :sweet:

I've got a number of large glass display cases that I store some of my Lego collection in. They are full at the moment, though I like to rotate what I display in them once in a whole. I imagine I'll make room for them in one of those cases in the near future.

for me it depends on what fig it is for example robot, ninga and crash test dummy have gone into my lego fancy dress shop while the nurse has moved into the hospital and the diver has, well gone diving

It's going to be Halloween in my LEGO City display, so many of these interesting Minifigures will be perfect as costumed Trick or Treaters. I haven't managed to get all the ones I want yet, but I'm very close to completing a set and have a couple of doubles that I'm going to mix and match to make extra characters for my LEGO town (a Zombie with a Caveman head, hair and hands makes a good homeless bum).

I'd love to get a few extra Astronauts to populate my LEGO Space display too. I've combined my Mars Mission and Space Police sets and I'm building a few MOC buildings for the Astros and Aliens to hang out in. It's been pretty hard to get them though, each time a shop gets them in they all disappear really fast. I think the people who are buying up whole boxes from retail stores are ruining it for everyone else. Even the people at the toy shop are mean to me when I buy three Minifigs at a time (they're $3.99 each or 3 for $9.99) because they're angry that there won't be any left for the kids.

To me these aren't valuable collectibles, they're highly desirable LEGO sets that I can't wait to get home, open and play with. They will all find their home amongst the other Minifigures in my LEGO cities where I can play with them any time.

Mine will be absorbed into my train layout. I bought 35, one of each, and multiples of the more useful town ones.

Mine will likely stay in individual baggies in storage like most of my LEGO.

Mine are sat with the rest of my minifigs in 2 tupperware containers awaiting me moving into my own house with my fiancee (at some point in the future) & me getting a spare room for me to build up my very own Lego town!! :sweet:

Mine are sat with the rest of my minifigs in 2 tupperware containers awaiting me moving into my own house with my fiancee (at some point in the future) & me getting a spare room for me to build up my very own Lego town!! :sweet:

Same, mine are all packed up and ready to go. Moving out next week but once i get to my new place i'm sure i will find a shelf to whack them on. I think they look fine on the display stands they come with so will probably just use them.

I made room for my minifigures a couple of minutes ago and took a picture of them. I've got them in a tall glass display case on one of the shelves. Perfect for showing them off and keeping them dust free.

series_1.jpg

I just ordered a few of them online. Depending on which ones show up in the mail, I'll either integrate them into my town or put them in the bin for future MOCs or vignettes.

Didn't LEGO itself have a display case for sale a while back? I can't remember the exact dimensions, but I think it may have held 15 figs, which is unfortunate. :tongue: If they're still selling those and it holds 16, I may opt for that.

Didn't LEGO itself have a display case for sale a while back? I can't remember the exact dimensions, but I think it may have held 15 figs, which is unfortunate. :tongue: If they're still selling those and it holds 16, I may opt for that.

The Minifig Display case holds 12.

Bruce

Perhaps this is the one you are referring to?

Holds 15 figs for $15, available through US S@H

With mine I'll add them to my various MOCs, and different themed displays. I don't think I should put them on display alone, because I think they would look better with other figs in a nice MOC. :classic:

-

General Redwater

Plano #3701 tackle boxes store minifigs perfectly. They are available at sporting goods stores for about $4.00 and hold 34 minifigs, in this case two complete sets of 8683 and 2 extras.

dsc01467_copy.jpgdsc01465_copy.jpg

I don't have much space or any large baseplates to spare so I just took some random black bricks I found to attach the minifig stands together.

So I just noticed they removed the listing for the minifigs all together. How long was series 1 supposed to run for? Or did they crank out a fixed amount and just unlist it after they sold it all?

I should get a picture of my display, perhaps when series 2 is added.

I use the box the minifigures came in, throw my bags (yes I keep a few :classic: ) and instructions in the first row, place the full 16 figures in the second row and throw what is left in the third row. (extra figures, parts of figures, extra parts,...)

I do think that I'll run out of space if there are going to be a lot more series :laugh:

Gaetano

The Minifig Display case holds 12.

Bruce

No it doesn't. The current minifigure display case available on LS@H (9.99) holds 15 so the cheerleader will just have to share a box.

I recently acquired 3 of these.

Edited by Dfenz

My Series 1 Collection is placed on a small shelf hanging on the wall. Besides theese minifigs the shelf also holds some books, boardgames and Architecture sets. There's room for series 2 also, and maybe series 3, but after that it'll get a bit crowded and I'll need to clear some stuff of there or find a new place for them..... :(

I'm keeping them currently in a model car display case. But when the second series arrives, I'm probably going to put hem in a glass shelve in my LEGO corner. The display case with the figures is standing in our living room.

img_5942.jpg

The five minifigs I've got from the collectables are all disassembled and sorted for future use. So no display for them. :tongue:

The four I have (crash dummie, indian, robot and clown) are all standing on top of my fire brigade (catching dust :cry_sad: ) I think i'll get them a nice glass showcase, like ZO6 has!