KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

For anyone feeling that 10215 is poorly proportioned check out the studio model of the Delta 7. Compare to the Lego model's promotional photo.

These images share a similar camera angle and focal length to my eye (although you may wish to flip one of them in Photoshop so as they are not mirror opposites).

Clearly the width of the wings and length of the hull are not terribly dissimilar. Even the slanted angle of the wings is fairly close and the cockpit size is dead on. The detailing of 10215 on the hull is perfectly adequate for the job, even down to the suggestion of scorch marks on the wings and the subtle yellow and green markings on the nose (and these are not stickers).

There doesn't appear to be any greebling just for the sake of it which keeps it looking sleek and dagger like especially with the use of 'SNOT'. The rear image of 10215 shows off an array of interesting building techniques with a well integrated engine exhaust.

The designer wasn't kidding when he said that he built this thing in multiple directions at once. There are some really subtle angles captured as a consequence and this has all been accomplished with less than 700 pieces. The more I study the build the more impressed I become.

This is a great UCS Lego model whose abstractions of form and detail closely match the original Delta 7's design.

For anyone feeling that 10215 is poorly proportioned check out the studio model of the Delta 7. Compare to the Lego model's promotional photo.

These images share a similar camera angle and focal length to my eye (although you may wish to flip one of them in Photoshop so as they are not mirror opposites).

Clearly the width of the wings and length of the hull are not terribly dissimilar. Even the slanted angle of the wings is fairly close and the cockpit size is dead on. The detailing of 10215 on the hull is perfectly adequate for the job, even down to the suggestion of scorch marks on the wings and the subtle yellow and green markings on the nose (and these are not stickers).

There doesn't appear to be any greebling just for the sake of it which keeps it looking sleek and dagger like especially with the use of 'SNOT'. The rear image of 10215 shows off an array of interesting building techniques with a well integrated engine exhaust.

The designer wasn't kidding when he said that he built this thing in multiple directions at once. There are some really subtle angles captured as a consequence and this has all been accomplished with less than 700 pieces. The more I study the build the more impressed I become.

This is a great UCS Lego model whose abstractions of form and detail closely match the original Delta 7's design.

You take the words out of my mouth. :oh:

I agree. The only problem that I really have with this is the price and the lack of a few details (the exhaust slits near the end). I'll actually be really interested to see how they do it (from personal experiences). I'll also be interested in the midi-ISD.

I'll also be interested in the midi-ISD.

I've been interested in the midi-ISD since I heard they were realeasing it, I find the midi line most intriguing, and the last few ISDs have either been too expensive, or too small.

I've been interested in the midi-ISD since I heard they were realeasing it, I find the midi line most intriguing, and the last few ISDs have either been too expensive, or too small.

I tried to build one myself, and failed miserably. :cry_sad: That's why I'm so interested in it, to see they made it.

I don't know why people don't like the use of dark bley in the midi ISD. IMO it makes it look much more interesting than it does in the movie, and makes the set even better for breaking down for pieces. :thumbup:

The midi looks better than the mini and UCS (just about) to me. If this goes on sale like the Falcon, I'll get it!

Those Bobas look nice. Lucky for me I have the white one. :tongue:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Those Bobas look nice. Lucky for me I have the white one. :tongue:

What!? *oh2*

How did you get one?

What!? *oh2*

How did you get one?

Well it says in his sig that he's selling it, So you could buy it if you wanted too :wink:

Please get back on topic guys.

Availability belongs in a different topic and the White Boba Fett minifig has it's own topic.

Based on the ref. pic, yes the length, width and angle of the wings are proportional to the real one, and the details are just about right especially in the rear area. Though I still would say that the droid head is a bit large for me. And the cockpit is also the right size, but showing too much trans-black part relative to the real one. But these two inaccuracies are just minor ones and I understand that TLG made the best out of the available existing parts.

The rear image of 10215

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just realized by looking at that pic that those lime green wedge pieces are printed. :thumbup:

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just realized by looking at that pic that those lime green wedge pieces are printed. :thumbup:

It also looks like there might be some new dark bley wedges.

It also looks like there might be some new dark bley wedges.

If you're talking about the dark bley wedges under the lime green parts, I think its just 32059 and 51739 next to each other.

Are you sure that isn't just a trick of the light? Everything I see is a sticker, except for the droid and (hopefully) Republic logo, and there's nothing on those lime green wedges...

4815847886_76d35b9d86_z.jpg

If you're talking about the dark bley wedges under the lime green parts, I think its just 32059 and 51739 next to each other.

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me too.

Are you sure that isn't just a trick of the light? Everything I see is a sticker, except for the droid and (hopefully) Republic logo, and there's nothing on those lime green wedges...

Oh, you're right. Silly me. Looking at that pic you posted there is nothing white on those wedges.

As for the Republic symbol, it's probably a sticker too. Did you notice that the ones in the back are made out of two parts? :hmpf_bad: I respect TLC for listening to those fans who don't like stickers that span over multiple parts, but I'm not one of them. These are gonna be a pain to apply. :thumbdown:

Good thing they used the giant tile piece for the plaque; otherwise it would have probably been made out of many thin stripes. :hmpf:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

As for the Republic symbol, it's probably a sticker too. Did you notice that the ones in the back are made out of two parts? default_hmpfbad.gif I respect TLC for listening to those fans who don't like stickers that span over multiple parts, but I'm not one of them. These are gonna be a pain to apply. default_thumbdown.gif

Good thing they used the giant tile piece for the plaque; otherwise it would have probably been made out of many thin stripes. default_hmpf.gif

From what I see, the Republic symbol looks like a sticker, and applied on TWO arches at the back! I'm not also a fan of the SOMPs.

From what I see, the Republic symbol looks like a sticker, and applied on TWO arches at the back! I'm not also a fan of the SOMPs.

:sick: Never notices that before, but you're right.

I saw this picture on starwars.com and I just wanted to share it.

lego02.jpg

Its for a competition at Comicon and I envy who ever wins one of those three! :cry_happy:

:::swoon:::

When they raffled-off the bronze Boba via S@H, I wondered why there wasn't a gold or silver variant instead. Now we know.

I saw this picture on starwars.com and I just wanted to share it.

lego02.jpg

Its for a competition at Comicon and I envy who ever wins one of those three! :cry_happy:

Someone named Aiden won that.

The UCS Starfighter looks Awesome, i don't think ill get it though.

LegoGalactus

I can't tell if that Republic symbol is a STAMP across two arches, or two separate stickers, one for each arch. In all honesty, I'd rather it be a STAMP, as lining up two stickers is going to be TOUGH. And I never take my UCS sets apart, so a STAMP isn't much of an issue in that case. Keep in mind there will be a similar sticker on the other side as well.

Overall I think the Delta-7 looks fantastic. We finally have a JSF where the wings sections aren't a mere 1-2 plates thick, like every MF version thusfar. If it weren't so overpriced, I'd snap this up in a heartbeat. As it stands, I'll think about it really hard. And then snap one up. :grin:

4815847886_76d35b9d86_z.jpg

Super HR picture of the set in my BS gallery!

Edited by grogall

Super HR picture of the set in my BS gallery!

From that High-Res it is definitely two stickers. I guess LEGO has really taken to heart that some people hate stickers across multiple bricks, although I must agree with Walter that in this case two stickers is truly annoying. Lining that up will be a nightmare, and who's going to use an arch with a half a republic emblem if they do take the set apart? Well, I guess somebody will, but still…