Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFang

Eurobricks/Classic-Town.net Collectible LEGO Minifigs Series 1 Contest

I'd like to ask: can you include another generic minifig in the vignette? Say as a passer-by?

Please refer to this below, hope it helps to clarify your doubt.

One entry per person. An entry must include a picture (no larger than 800x600) showing the vignette without the minifig you built it for. Include the name (type) of that minifig. Other minifigs may appear in the pictures. You may include up to 2 more images following the same rules. If you choose to take additional pictures, you may link to an outside gallery.
Sounds like one-vig-fits-all to me, am I right?

Each member can only design one type of scene which is made most suitable for the intended minifig for the vignette.

Cool, must've just missed that first bit. :wink:

Thinking cap... ON!

I will let you know the verdict after the discussion with regards to stickered or printed decals.

Thanks! I like these contest rules threads. I like betting on how many pages go by before a mod's head explodes.

Alright my entry is in. I'm going to be away from my collection for a few weeks so I threw it together in about 20 mins before I left.. Ha I hope its alright.

Hopefully the figgies will be out by the 6th in North America, but if not I'm still sure to make something! XD

Edited by Legorski

I'm totally in! :sweet: For the first time, those figs were at time in Spain! :thumbup:

Edited by BlueBard

I'm definitely building a Vig. WhiteFang that is very nice for you to be giving these minifigures out for prizes. :sweet:

Hmmm.... I have an idea for this contest, but I don't know ir I will build it.

Are we allowed to use 3rd party items, like brickarms or brickforge items?
No clone brands or custom parts.

Alright my entry is in. I'm going to be away from my collection for a few weeks so I threw it together in about 20 mins before I left.. Ha I hope its alright.

Yes, your entry is fine. :classic:

Are we allowed to use 3rd party items, like brickarms or brickforge items?

No, you are not allowed to use it.

ATTENTION!

Let's pause to make one final clarification on something.

In order to be fair to the majority of the members who do not own these minifigs yet, and because the point of the contest is to give you a chance to win them, YOU MAY NOT USE THEM AS PART OF YOUR VIGNETTE!

AT ALL

NONE OF THEM

NONE OF THE NEW MINIFIG PARTS

NONE OF THE NEW ACCESSORIES

You may use the old accessories and parts, like the top hat or bow, since those already existed prior to these figures. You may not use the needle, ray gun, or any of the other new parts, however.

There. Now we're clear.

The next person who asks will be disqualified. And the one after that. And everyone after that! :angry:

All clear? Good. :sweet:

Don't make Uncle Shadows explain this again, or he won't be so nice. :grin:

Does "custom parts" included my own printed stuff? One idea I have requires a particular shop sign.

After much discussion, it's fine to go ahead with stickered or printed decals as long these decals are made by you and only you.

Dear Participants,

Take a look at this special Classic-Town.net coverage,

bloggedct.png

From time to time, we will be doing special coverage for this contest. Be sure to watch out for it. :wink:

There. Now we're clear.

The next person who asks will be disqualified. And the one after that. And everyone after that! :angry:

Two questions, if I may be so bold....

In the other pictures (i.e. not ones used for the entry) can we show the vig with the figure?

And are we limited to just one fig per vig?

ATTENTION!

Let's pause to make one final clarification on something....

Hmm. Three pages. That was fast :wink:

Thanks, Whitefang!

Two questions, if I may be so bold....

They are good questions, so you may.

In the other pictures (i.e. not ones used for the entry) can we show the vig with the figure?

You may feature the official figure in any images contained within the outside gallery that you are allowed to link to. Or, in simple terms, the official figure may not appear in the up-to-3 images in the entry, but may be linked to (without thumbnails).

And are we limited to just one fig per vig?

Your vig should be designed for one collectible minifig only and you are required to mention which one. If you choose to add more minifigs that are not part of that series, you may use as many as you can fit in the space allowed.

ATTENTION!

Let's pause to make one final clarification on something.

There. Now we're clear.

Oh my, I nearly fell off my chair reading this :laugh:

Seems that clearly laying out the rules at the start just isn't enough for some.....

Great idea for a contest, I hope to have an entry up tonight or tomorrow

Before I enter, I have a question: If my vignette is similar to someone else's (i.e., based off a similar idea), can I still enter my vignette? I had no knowledge of the other entrants' creations prior to building mine.

-Toa Of Justice

@lisgr: Your display doesn't even need the minifig, it looks alot more mysterious without it. :oh:

Thanks. I thought the point of the contest is to "display" the figs without displaying them.

Alright, I just posted my entry. It has to do with the magician. It took me about an hour total to draw up a sketch, find the parts, and make the MOC. I hope you guys like it.

Hi everyone,

Just posted my entry on the other thread, depicting a cinema with a 3D zombie film, so though I'd better introduce myself.

I've been lurking on here for a few months now after getting back into LEGO at the start of this year.

At Christmas I bought the Mindstorms NXT set after seeing what it was capable of and that just sort of devolved backwards into building with normal LEGO again.

I used to be obsessed with it when I was younger and am now clearly obsessed with it again after being inspired by the truly amazing MOCs that I've seen here and on other sites.

I'm currently working on a spaceship, which started off small and is steadily growing in size.

It's more of transport / cargo ship now than the sleek fighter it was intended to be ...

Anyway, I got hold of some of the new minifigs and your contest was the perfect opportunity for me to have go at creating a vignette and post something online.

Admittedly, my original idea didn't involve a cinema and didn't involve the Zombie, but somehow that's what I ended up creating.

Edited by Darkblane