Sign in to follow this  
Ratshot

How long do you wait until you open your lego?

How long to you wait.  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How long do you wait until you open your Lego?

• The minute I leave the store.
    • When I get into my car.
    • When I get home.
    • That night or the next day.
    • On the weekend.
    • A couple weeks
    • Never.

When I get home from the store, sometimes not instantly, but usually that day or the next.

Occasionally like when I bought the Emerald Night I didn't open it for a few days :classic:

It is usually in a day or two (or three). But some times I will open the box in the car to make sure every thing is complete.

I usually wait till I get home, as even now it's still exciting to get any Lego. Occasionally though I will open the box in the car to make sure everything's there.

I open them the minute I can, everythign else gets interupted when I get my hands on a set, homework, eating, and even sleep :tongue: , however I do like to wait until I'm home, and then I'll make myself something to snack on, and pour myself something to drink for when I build.

It is usually a week or two before I get around to opening a new set. Then I mostly dump them into a mixed bin to await future sorting. It is rare that I build an official set. Only the ones I really like...The Emporium, the Flagship and Firebrigade where the last three sets I put together...all the rest went into the sorting bin.....I am way behind on my sorting.

Well, I chose at the weekend because this is the time where I really have more than 1 hour of time. After work it is not possible to do much more than eating and going to sleep

Same here :hmpf_bad:

My girlfriend and I always build our sets together, so I have two schedules to take into account, altough I always try to start building a.s.a.p. but it's usually a weekend.

Personally I love to get home from work and see my package has arrived. I'll then take it down with me, put on a nice DVD and build in a nice and relaxed environment where I can really enjoy it.

Seeing as the sets I tend to buy are older and rarer MISB sets that I wanted from my childhood (predominantly trains) I really try to savour that moment. :cry_happy:

I've got a bunch of pics I've been meaning to post of some rare builds of old sets from fresh MISB sets, gotta get around to it.

Most of the time I build my sets as soon as I get home. I don't know how you people manage to have an unopened box of LEGO around you.

Same here, and soon I'm getting the shuttle adventure (pending the people who owe me money pay me which they have put off for a few weeks :hmpf_bad: ) But with my current schedule and school being out in a few weeks I may have it sitting in my house for about a week. (if I can handle that)

usually the minute I walk through my front door. But I often get sidetracked or interupted ( eating, homework, etc) in the middle of the build. I also can't stand when building in a messy room. I'm not a neat freak or anything but I just can't stand that. I usually shop for lego on friday afternoon or anytime during the weekend. I've got time (if Im not out with friends) There are sometimes when I never open sets like the Twilight from SW still haven't opened that. Don't know if I ever will.

Most of the time I build my sets as soon as I get home. I don't know how you people manage to have an unopened box of LEGO around you.

agreed. couldn't stand that. Except if it's a set I didn't want but was given as a gift.

I immediately clicked the moment I get out of the store and voted before I saw "when i get in the car"... which is usually the real answer. I just assumed they would be one and the same.

Actually, I guess it really depends on the size of the set. Small sets in car, big sets first thing at home.

Edited by Randal

As soon as it arrives or I get it home I make a mug of tea and then set to tearing open boxes skimming through istructions and sorting pieces.

I don't think I could hold off for more than an hour if i had to.

Usually it's the same day although with these Collectible Figs I nearly opened them right as I paid for them!

The majority are as soon as I get home, however my Green Grocer is still sat behind the sofa awaiting built!

We're due to move in a few months time so am waiting until then to open it & build it

I often bike to the Lego store to pickup the sets I get if I do that I wait till I get home to open the sets, if I drive I sometimes open the sets on the way home to look at the pieces through the bags. When I get home I usually build the sets immediately there after, but if it's a big set and it's late or if my other spare Lego parts are out i'll wait till the morning to build the sets.

I wait until i get home then i run inside, destroy the box, and end up putting the set together in about half an hour.

Last year, when I was in Disney, I bought Count Dooku's ship, and had to wait a week 'till I got home to open it. I tell ya, it was hell! :sing:

Now you people who somehow don't open your sets the minute you get home, no offense, but...

... Your a bunch of freakin crazy people!

I just don't know how you do it.

Months at least...

I have about zero time at the moment, although that will soon change for a short period. So i have to budget my play time, i love to MOC, so given a choice of a free afternoon, i decide to play with my Lego. Admitedly nothing gets finished, and the next week I am bored of last weeks attempt, so i try something new. But it is pure relaxation for me, so i am happy. Although it did not take me long to rip open my Prince of Persia sets and build them, because they seemed very exciting for me.

Usually it's the same day although with these Collectible Figs I nearly opened them right as I paid for them!

Which brings me onto these, I hold my hands up, and admit I was one of the propherciers of doom when it came to the blind packaging. But when i bought some last week (random choices) i was genuinly excited. And to be fair now i have to admit that exceitement is maybe part of the fun with these. I was very tempted to open them up straight away, but held out into i got home.

Agreed. How can you resist the plasticy goodness of Lego?!?

Its called college. :hmpf_bad:

Being a college student take up a lot of time and effort and time is tough to find for building a set or two.

Last year, when I was in Disney, I bought Count Dooku's ship, and had to wait a week 'till I got home to open it. I tell ya, it was hell! :sing:

Now you people who somehow don't open your sets the minute you get home, no offense, but...

When you have a job and family to support, other things some times take priority. But once a while I can build as soon as I get home and that's nice when that opportunity arises. :classic:

I wait til I get home. I then barricade myself in my room, taking special care to ensure my dogs aren't there to step on the instructions. For some smaller sets I may open them in the car, but only to look at the bags/unbagged pieces and instructions