def

What are you reading?

I often wondered why it wasn't all in PM's! :tongue:

So did everyone else, that was the problem! I think we're trying to keep it all to email now...

What is Back ?

He is! :cry_happy:

Brainbox, he's been off for years. Also, he and Batbrick used to best best Eurobrick buddies, they even had their own thread in which they talked about batman, rather like a DC version of Question Time. Was quite informative.

I'm just so happy so happy right now! :cry_happy: I always imagined this moment but I never thought it would happen! :cry_happy:

See, I told you I'd come back!

You did! Don't look at me, I've just...I've just got some sand in my eye is all! :blush:

You needn't worry, we're still very good friends! We've kept in touch and everything! It was such an in-depth thread, no-one else joined in and we got a bit told off for it once! :blush:

We sure did buddy! We were like the Blue and the Gold we were, and when you were gone it felt like Max got you!

Also, I recently read 1984 again for my college assessment, and am currently enjoying going through A Pocket Full of Rye by Agatha Christie.

Batbrick is so damn happy! :cry_happy:

I'm about to start reading The Oedipus Cycle by Sophocles. Anybody read it? How good is it? And I'm 99% certain it's a tragedy since it's by Sophocles.

I've recently discovered books on CD at my local library, since I spend so much time commuting. I am currently listening to Dune Messiah by Frank Herbert. I read the entire Dune series years ago, but this time I'm going to carry it through the books his son helped write, since it is quite obvious that Chapterhouse: Dune wasn't the end Herbert intended.

As for actual books, I am still in the middle of Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence. I would have finished a long time ago if something, ANYTHING, would actually happen in the book. For a book about sex, it really is very dry. I wouldn't recommend it, but I'm too stubborn to stop reading it altogether.

I'm looking forward to finishing Stephen King's Dark Tower septet. I've read the first four books, only three more to go.

I'm currently reading "The Naked God", final part in the Night's Dawn trilogy by Peter Hamilton. quite heavy, 1500 pages each. But a really great setting...

But what I'd like to read, is something in the vein of the X-Wing serie by Michael Stackpole. with lots of dogfights (preferably in space :wink: ), but I don't know of any. Maybe you people know of some??

Hi,

I am currently reading two series of books.

At work I am reading the novels to Star Wars Republic Commando.

At home I just started to read the Star Wars X-Wing novels again. By again I mean, that I have read them before.

Currently I am waiting for new Mass Effect books or Halo novels.

Just previously I read the novels from Gerd Scherm which tell the adventures of a small bunch of people finding a new god and wandering through lands and time. Very funny stuff. Though I am not sure if they are available in german.

Further I read books from Charles Stross, which are very good, too.

At work I am reading the novels to Star Wars Republic Commando.

At home I just started to read the Star Wars X-Wing novels again. By again I mean, that I have read them before.

Ah, both of those are some very nice series.

Ah, both of those are some very nice series.

Yeah they are really fun to read. I am really surprised about how deep the thinkings and ideas go in the Republic Commando novels. I mean, just by watching the films, these thoughts would never arise. Or have you ever thought of the clones as slaves, which are fighting for other peoples' freedom while they don't really exist and won't have anything from the freedom they are fighting for.

I just read Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. Pretty good actually. Lots of references to KOTOR settings. I'm moving on to the next book. The author also wrote all of the Mass Effect novels that have been released so far.

I just read Darth Bane: Path of Destruction. Pretty good actually. Lots of references to KOTOR settings. I'm moving on to the next book. The author also wrote all of the Mass Effect novels that have been released so far.

Perhaps I should put that on my wishlist then.

Just finished "The House That Jack Built" by Graham Masterton, faboulous start and ggod horror thriller, a bit dissapointed how it ends. Would be a lot of lego blocks to build by the way :)

Edited by Deadraque

Re-read all the Artemis Fowl books recently. Not in book form, necessarily-- while I own them as books, for college my dad got a copy of the first six books in e-book form for Nintendo DS. Pity that was only released in Europe (my dad had to purchase it online), but it's actually a more authentic experience for me since the words aren't changed for an American audience as is the case with my print copies back home. Measurements are still in metric, British terms are still favored, and certain omissions from the American editions are maintained in full.

The only bad thing is that the DS copy is riddled with typos. You'd think that they could easily just copy the text from the print copy, but no. One egregious example is where the phrase "It was a joke. It had to be a joke," became "It was a Jake. It had to be Jake." Capitalization and everything. *facepalm*

Great series overall. I highly recommend it. Not necessarily on Nintendo DS, though.

This World We Live In

Catching Fire

The Green Futures of Tycho

Three very well YA (well... Tycho book is leaned towards 4th graders, but it's still a good book) books :wub: :wub:

Edited by The Soup Nazi

This World We Live In

Catching Fire

The Green Futures of Tycho

Three very well YA (well... Tycho book is leaned towards 4th graders, but it's still a good book) books :wub: :wub:

The Green Futures of Tycho... that's by William Sleator! He's one of my favorite sci-fi authors!

Have you read many of his other books? I was a fan of Interstellar Pig and Parasite Pig for quite a long time, and his name is still one of the places I check most frequently when at my hometown's public library.

Finally finished Hamilton's "Night's Dawn" trilogy... I really liked the human society he's developed for his universe, but there were way too many deus (dei?) ex machina to move his story along. His final solution was far too easy to my taste...

Now I'm starting "Pages of Pain" by Troy Denning. It's set in the Planescape Torment universe, which I don't know anything about (except for the videogame but I haven't played it). I admit, I only bought it for the cover : lovely edition, leather bound and all.

Beside, Troy Denning's Star by Star is my second favourite New Jedi Order book, so I suppose it can't be too bad...

Dragonlance Chronicles Book 3 Dragons of Spring Dawning

It is based off the D&D Dragonlance and it is pretty different then what I normally read.

The Skystone _ Jack Whyte

Don Qouite _ Cervantes

I finished reading Riddley Walker, a fantastic little piece of post-apocalyptic literature. It's a challenging read, it's set some 2,000 years after a nuclear disaster, and people live in somewhat Medieval ways. The whole book is written in the language of the time, so it's like English, but it isn't. As a result, I had to consult this site to catch some of the double or triple meanings in it. I enjoyed it on its own, but I wanted to understand it a bit better without reading it a second time.

http://www.ocelotfactory.com/hoban/riddley.html

I dont have nothing only words to put down on paper. Its so hard. Some times theres mor in the emty paper nor there is when you get the writing down on it. You try to word the big things and they tern ther backs on you. Yet youwl see stanning stoans and ther backs wil talk to you.

Much harder to read than most sci-fi, and without much science at all. It's about the world we will live in if we fail at what we're doing now. A good, solid read.

I am currently reading Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire. Within the last 2 or 3 weeks I have read the previous three Harry Potter books.

~buddy~