Sign in to follow this  
The Who

New minifig - White Mandalorian

Looks like I was wrong about the white Boba Fetts only being available to the VIPs!

News on FBTB:

I found out some more information regarding the white Boba Fett minifig that was passed out at Toy Fair, along with some other tidbits.

White Boba Fett

4423227669_095b1d1216.jpg

• The white Boba Fett figure was the result of a brainstorm idea as an answer to the question of “What would a prototype minifig look like?” They picked a cool figure and came up with the color white to use as the test shot.
  • 10,000 figures will be available for the North American market, less than 20,000 globally
  • The top 100 Shop@Home customers will be given one Fett and one 2010 product booklet (same one that was given out to Toy Fair attendees) for free. Top 100 recipients will be determined by sales records of LEGO Star Wars products.
  • They will NOT show up randomly inserted in 2010 sets.
  • Some Fetts will be given away at San Diego Comic Con and Star Wars Celebration V and possibly fan-held LEGO conventions. They will not be given away at LEGO’s booth, so don’t flood their booth asking how to get/buy/steal/borrow one. Exact details on how they will be distributed to be determined.
  • The white Fetts are intended for fans, so the distribution plan will not follow previous limited figures such as C-3PO or Darth Vader, or even the Stormtrooper. LEGO is figuring things out as they go along.
  • A white Boba Fett keychain was also produced, a limited run of about 100. These were given out as gifts from LEGO executives.

2010 Product Book

• The 2010 product booklet had a limited print run of about 2,000. A few were available to FAO Schwartz customers at the end of December last year. I’m pretty sure this is limited to New York seeing as to how that’s the only retail FAO that’s still up and running.

Chrome Stormtrooper Polybag

• The Chrome Stormtrooper polybag is an international Toys’R'Us exclusive. For countries that do not have a TRU, there may another means available to acquire the figure; details are unknown at this time.
  • As reported before, Spain TRU stores have started their promotion where if you spend 30 Euro on LEGO Star Wars, you receive the polybagged minifig for free.
  • U.S. TRU stores will begin their promotion on or around October.

As usual, FBTB will try to stay on top of the news on how you can try to get any of the exclusives.

EDIT: Comment removed - it was late in the night and I didn't mean what I posted (see below quotes) Edited by ILikePi

Thanks Pi for the great news! Its good that the minifig will be available all around the world cause then maybe I actually have a chance of getting one and not just by buying one from bricklink.

I feel sorry for the people who paid sky-high prices of $500 or more. :tongue:

I don't. You deside what you give on a minifig yourself, it's been discused before. You also deside if you're impatient, it's there own fault.

Anyway, cool news.

(...)

I feel sorry for the people who paid sky-high prices of $500 or more. :tongue:

Thanks for posting this news, ILikepi!

Still, I'd like to make a couple of points:

1. Why feel sorry for those people? I'm pretty sure that to the people who were willing to buy these figures at the prices they fetch on e-Bay or Bricklink, a sum of $550-$650 is but a pittance. They probably won't miss it due to having good earning jobs. Although you might have to feel sorry for the scalpers who bought these expecting a huge profit on their investment!

2. A total of less than 20,000 globally is still a very small amount of items made. Especially because the way these will be distributed is going to be vague, to say the least, but distribution will evidently be targeted towards the real SW Lego fans who are less likely to part with the minfigs. And remember, the 10,000 gold chrome C-3PO's are still fetching around $120, even though boxes of these were handed out at ComiCon. I'm not expecting these to suddenly get cheaper, in any case, although this news will certainly shake the market up a bit.

3. Most of the people who shelved out $550-$650 also got the 2010 SW product booklet. Now, with a limited print run of 2,000, this product booklet is even more rare than the chrome C-3PO. Although it's not a minifig, it's no less a collectible for lots of SW Lego fans. Five times rare than a $120 gold chrome C-3PO: you do the maths!

Anyhow... I wonder if Lego means the top 100 GLOBAL S@H customers, or if it's the top 100 customers per S@H location (currently 23 countries). The latter case would at least give me some chance of getting one of these figures.

Only 150 ever made, does make it expensive though.

I think I'll pass and hope for more to be produced - otherwise I'll just have to shop a customized helmet and a decal for the torso.

I guess there will be around x200 times as many produced.
Looks like I was wrong about the white Boba Fetts only being available to the VIPs!

I don't. You deside what you give on a minifig yourself, it's been discused before. You also deside if you're impatient, it's there own fault.
Thanks for posting this news, ILikepi!

Still, I'd like to make a couple of points:

1. Why feel sorry for those people? I'm pretty sure that to the people who were willing to buy these figures at the prices they fetch on e-Bay or Bricklink, a sum of $550-$650 is but a pittance. They probably won't miss it due to having good earning jobs. Although you might have to feel sorry for the scalpers who bought these expecting a huge profit on their investment!

[...]

3. Most of the people who shelved out $550-$650 also got the 2010 SW product booklet. Now, with a limited print run of 2,000, this product booklet is even more rare than the chrome C-3PO. Although it's not a minifig, it's no less a collectible for lots of SW Lego fans. Five times rare than a $120 gold chrome C-3PO: you do the maths!

Sorry, I didn't mean what I posted; it was late in the night and I couldn't think of what to type.

And thanks for stating that third point Alldarker - I completely forgot that the book was included in those early purchases of the white Boba Fetts.

I guess there will be around x200 times as many produced.
Sorry about not noticing your post when posting what I said. :blush: Edited by ILikePi

So no new news on how we can get one officially from LEGO? (Besides ridiculous prices in online marketplaces)

And how come this Boba was not done in the new Boba style, separated helmet and jetpack? :grin:

This has got to be one of the best Star Wars minifigs out there!

One thing I'd also like to point out is that this will not be the next chrome minifig because this was not packaged in any special box of the sort, just a polybag. Remember last year's special chrome Vader box with all his quotes?

And another photo, this time from BS01 Cholie:

4360062182_702e868c4c.jpg

EDIT: Oh, and the first white Boba Fett was sold a few days ago on eBay (thanks to Skyward72 for finding that and posting about it on FBTB) for $100 with the minifig book. Not that expensive considering there's only 150 (official ones) in the world!

BL now has one up for sale!!!

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=92219

This is my thought on this topic. Lego is going to make more white mandos and put them in there sets. Why spend $700 now when you can buy 7 of them in the future for that price of one now. I just think this is a money making thing. :wink:

Ebay has one up for sale!!! $300 right now!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-LEGO-White-B...=item20b065b05d

I am going to wait and save money to get the cheaper ones. :thumbup:

Edited by CloneCommanderXD

Safely tucked away in its little polybag, this has the look of a promo giveaway, similar to the chrome Vader and the shiny stormie. Maybe we'll be seeing it in TRU with purchases of Lego Star Wars set sometime soon.........

Dr. D.

41426.jpg

OMG, Mike, at least tell us if this is coming to any type of store anywhere.

IO have a feeling the Toys R US type promo sounds promising.

I bet the people who paid $500+ feel pretty stupid right about now. (If these become widely available)

I'm guessing this will be the same story as the Chrome Darth Vaders and Chrome Stormtroopers.

It'll be handed out at events, part of special sale offers and stuff like that.

I bet the people who paid $500+ feel pretty stupid right about now. (If these become widely available)

You bet, but there's one on ebay right now going for $340+, so it'll be a while before the hype dies down. :classic:

The $500+ figures would still be somewhat special, considering that the original Fetts were packaged differently to the official release figures and that they were the first ones ever avaliable.

I want one so badly (actually a few) but not bad enough to pay over $10 for it. :tongue:

Hope you not just teasing us with that bag CopMike, I really, really wouldn't mind a Toys R Us promotion.

I REALLY don't wish they randomly insert these IMO its just not fair and I've always not had luck with finding random insertions :sceptic:

I DO wish they offer these for free with purchases over X amount at TOYS R'US :classic:

I want one so badly (actually a few) but not bad enough to pay over $10 for it. :tongue:

Hope you not just teasing us with that bag CopMike, I really, really wouldn't mind a Toys R Us promotion.

I called Lego Direct in the UK about this. They say that they know nothing about it, but that they are investigating. They were questioning the authenticity and perhaps that the packaging had been doctored in some way! I'm not so sure to be honest, looks like the real deal to me.

If it were to be given away, like the Chrome Vader, this would not happen in Europe. Any such giveaways have to be 'No Purchase Necessary' under EU guidelines. Fingers crossed that they offer it as part of a promotion in Toys R Us or something.

You bet, but there's one on ebay right now going for $340+, so it'll be a while before the hype dies down. :classic:

The $500+ figures would still be somewhat special, considering that the original Fetts were packaged differently to the official release figures and that they were the first ones ever avaliable.

I see yourt point and agree but it's kind of like the magnet chrome stormies, everyone paid $10 for them but after the free ones came out, they came down in price abit.

Even though the originals were packaged differently it's the same fig so in my eyes it won't be worth any more than the new ones which are much more abundant.

woah! the number of pages keep expanding as I read them! must be a popular topic....

For me it's most of the SW area... :tongue:

But I'm hearing people compare it with the chrometrooper, could it be that easy to get? :sceptic:

For me it's most of the SW area... :tongue:

But I'm hearing people compare it with the chrometrooper, could it be that easy to get? :sceptic:

I don't know the production numbers on the chrome stormie, but at 30,000 units, it's much better odd's than before with the 150 run.

If it does go to lets say a Toys R Us run, then it will definetaly be as easy to get. There is no way they can expect to hand out 30,000 at events and whatnot.

it is actually jango fett, boba fett had a circle thing on his chest

WRONG

The white Boba Fett was created at a time when Jango Fett was far, far away on the horizon of time...

Edited by Alldarker