gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

Indeed the front looks much more balanced than the back. The pictures of the back I've seen so far made it look like a bit of a mess...

But it's supposed to be a mess, it's the Burrows! The house is built haphazardly in phases, and it really symbolizes the quirkiness of the Weasley family that lives in it. :wink:

The set is absolutely perfect. The amount of interior added to it is astonishing. :wub:

Indeed, I've never got something against stickers. I like them, actually. And this is a good example of how to use them properly in sets. They match perfectly.

The Burrow, as a LEGO set, looks actually just perfect. It's a wacky building, it has very nice and unexpected details, awesome figures AND the set has playability. Perfect match. I want it. Now. :blush:

I just hope these sets will be sold good, so they would make a second line. I doubt the Burrow won't sell well, children love buildings and you get Ginny and Bellatrix! Who wouldn't want to have these figures.

Anyone know the prices for these?

They have been stated numerous times, but again:

Dobby Set: $10

Quidditch Set: $20

Hagrid's Hut: $40

The Burrow: $60

Hogwarts Express: $80

Hogwarts Castle: $130

All prices in USD. Price calculators do not work to convert LEGO prices.

Anyone know the prices for these?

Apparently, it's (USD)

Freeing Dobby- $10.99

Quidditch Lesson- $19.99

Hagrid's Hut- $39.99

The Burrows- $59.99

Hogwarts Express- $79.99

Hogwarts Castle- $129.99

EDIT: Clone O'Patra beat me to it.

And CAD:

Quidditch Lesson: 26.99

Hagrid's Hut: 54.99

The Burrow: 79.99

Hogwarts Express: 109.99

Hogwarts Castle: 174.99

Guys, please be reasonable with your demands and thankful for what you've already been given. You can't seriously expect TLG to produce every character or building in the whole series, can you?

"Is reminded from a bbc cartoon about some builder and his talking vehicles and a campaign for some president."

YES WE CAN! :sing::tongue::grin::wink:

Anyway yeah, has anybody noticed the dragon egg by hagrids hut yet? i belive it has something to do with the power functions mechanism :)
Do you mean the baby green Norbert? Because I don't see any egg. :wacko:

And I think that the Power Functions light brick is in the fireplace. See the red Technic thing here:

4357379582_a485be9fab.jpg

You probably push it to turn on the light in the fireplace. :wink:

And I think that the Power Functions light brick is in the fireplace. See the red Technic thing here:

4357379582_a485be9fab.jpg

It's hard to see, but in the pictures of the set still on the display shelf, you can see a clear round-ish object sitting next to the minifigure of Ron. It's right next to Hagrid's crossbow. I also think the power function light brick is in the fireplace. It makes the most sense, imo, and should work well for a fireplace glow, and to help replicate the scene when Norbert hatches.

One thing I really like about Hagrid's Hut, is that even though it's a bit simplified, and not as accurate, it retains the same basic look and important parts to it. Like the second door, the haphazardness of the inside, a bat, and the plants growing around it. I would have loved to see Fang included, but oh well. They could always, somehow, include him in a smaller set later on, depending on whether or not they decide to make any more sets after these ones.

Edited by Ravenxl7

Have you noticed how throughout most of the sets feature newspapers, the daily prophet and quibbler but another thing i noticed was in this picture: http://toyfair10.asmzine.com/gallery/lego/...s/IMG_3563.html

Its the prophet based around the 3rd movie with the headline 'mass breakout from azkaban' I dont think harry went to the burrow in the 3rd book/film ? Anyway yeah, has anybody noticed the dragon egg by hagrids hut yet? i belive it has something to do with the power functions mechanism :)

Also noticed how theres another rotating mechanism, perhaps a swerving 'the chamber of secrets has opened' warning?

http://toyfair10.asmzine.com/gallery/lego/...s/IMG_3572.html

-LM

Really like the idea about the wall having Chamber of Secrets message, maybe that is why they included Filch and Ms. Norris, because Ms. Norris was the first victim. But about the Daily Prophet and the Mass Breakout from Azkaban that is from the 5th book/film not the 3rd

And the Aragog close up kills the set for me, his face is way to cartoonish. But love the new Dobby and Lucius figures!

Edited by 10or

According to FBTB, this October wave is the only cycle scheduled. Maybe it will be so successful that they'll decide to make some more, but right now it seems like just the one wave. At least it's a great way to go!

According to FBTB, this October wave is the only cycle scheduled. Maybe it will be so successful that they'll decide to make some more, but right now it seems like just the one wave. At least it's a great way to go!

I'm not familiar with how early things like this are known, but is it possible that any possible second cycle isn't ready enough to be fully scheduled? I'm not holding my breath for more after this, but to me at least, it seems like it would still be too early to tell if they're continuing on afterwords or not.

I personally think that they might be waiting to see how these six sets sell, and then make a decision to continue or not. It would probably mean a bit of a time-gap between these sets and future sets (I'm not familiar with how long it takes for them to develop a cycle of sets from beginning to end), but it would help Lego better decide on whether or not to make any more sets.

I definitely agree with you. If this is the absolute end for Lego Harry Potter sets, which there's a great chance it is, it's a great way to end it. Also, we'll still have another Lego HP video game to look forward to.

Edited by Ravenxl7

I don't quite understand what is going on in the Freeing Dobby box art... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IMG_3552.jpg

*snip*

I light brick would look Fantastic in there! :wub:

I really like Hagrids hut, I think lego have done a Great job with it! :thumbup:

Thats it! Everyone buy lots of Harry Potter sets! :laugh:

Then we can get a second wave. :wub::cry_happy:

*snip*

I don't quite understand what is going on in the Freeing Dobby box art... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can't you tell? He's using the force. :wink::tongue:

CommanderFox

IMG_3552.jpg

It is when Lucius Malfoy was going to curse Harry because he freed Dobby with getting the sock. So to thank Harry Dobby attacks Malfoy so he cannot hurt Harry. So the picture is Dobby attacking Malfoy. Lucius is supposed to look like he is getting thrown back in the air.

Edited by 10or

Awesome, loving the look of some of these sets. However, I'm mostly just interested in the ifgs and parts, as these wonderful fleshies will help expand my Gotham world! Sirius in particular looks ripe for a Zsasz fig!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Bellas head is DOUBLE-SIDED! :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/ageowns/2010To...702879663778258

IMG_3552.jpg

Haha me neither, probsbly when Dobbys saving Harry :tongue: also noticed in another picture theres a push mechanism at the back of the tower thing, so its something like lucius goes on the board and is flipped backwards :P

Hagrids Hut looks better in this picture also lots of owls! - if they are included :/

http://picasaweb.google.com/ageowns/2010To...702897390726194

For more pictures of the sets go to: http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/mpb/?p=6069 (its a toy website thing)

- LM

Edited by legomaster08

And CAD:

Quidditch Lesson: 26.99

Hagrid's Hut: 54.99

The Burrow: 79.99

Hogwarts Express: 109.99

Hogwarts Castle: 174.99

Ouch. :cry_sad: Out of all of them, the Quidditch Lesson seems really over-priced no? Ah well, I'll have to save up and get 'em all anyway. :classic:

Awesome, loving the look of some of these sets. However, I'm mostly just interested in the ifgs and parts, as these wonderful fleshies will help expand my Gotham world! Sirius in particular looks ripe for a Zsasz fig!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Err.. except Sirius doesn't come with any of these sets.. :laugh:

I'm very happy to see HP return, I have most of the earlier sets. This is a good opportunity particularly for younger HP and lego fans to get some sets. I remember an interview a few years back that said there would definitely never be a Ginny fleshie, I am very happy Lego have changed their minds.

wins for me are - all of the new figures especially Bellatrix, Fenrir, Flitwick, Filch and :wub: Luna, printed owls, the Burrow, Hogwarts castle, Quidditch, sorting hat, James Potter shield, Quidditch cup, Quibbler and newspapers, Ron emo hair, chocolate frog, new Draco hair and face

misses are - Aragog, Snape hair, Hermione, still far too many Harry figs. Hagrid's hut, Dobby's Release and the Hogwarts Express look no better, or worse, than previous sets 4754 4727 4728 4708 4731. I would honestly look for older sets before these new ones, which is sad as it's a real missed opportunity to make these ones special, especially given how lovely the Emerald Express is. It's a scam to put Luna only in the train set with a lame remake car and train just to make collectors pay up for her.

I am totally relaxed about the Luna/ invisibility cloak/flying car controversy as all are contemporaneous from year 4 but I can't understand the Voldemort at Hogwarts/vanishing cabinet angle, which seems non-canonical to me.

I would love to see another wave, so despite some misgivings on the remakes I really hope these are successful commercially. Looks like the Burrow is definitely the pick of these sets, it seems relatively good value. Good luck Lego!

It looks like the Board game has 4 trans-clear minifig heads! Yay!

seems like micro Dumbledore, Ron, Harry, Hermione and Draco on fbtb's page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fbtbnet/sets/72157623437039016/

Yay!

Edited by robuko

Here's a hogwarts overall shot from another angle:

4358774116_6ff9f42dd4.jpg

The castle looks absolutely beautiful. The great hall looks like the original and the towers looks very realistic.

I can't wait until I get this castle, it is the best looking so far.