Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

:cry_sad: I hope for thousands of fan's sake that that poster is for the videogame or something. If it were the final version of the set, I would cry. :cry_sad:

Don't worry, we've already seen what the sets and minifigs look for real (there's boxart and everything, you know), that poster is just from an older design of the theme. :wink:

I disagree. Who says that those are stickers. And personaly I like the extra large towers and the extra amount of texture. If you don't like the decals than don't put them on. Even though I like the sets that we have all seen on the box art I would like the set in the poster a lot more. :classic:

The building in the ad contains too many bulky parts (6 visible turrets + 4 round walls). The chunky architecture reminds me of the Harry Potter sets. On the other hand, the expected set only contains 2 turrets (in a dark orange color that does not distract from the rest of the palace). :thumbup:

I like the turrets because they look better and I don't mind having the back open as it gives a way to see in the inside. Also if you look at the video game PoP SOT you will notice that the architecture looks more like whats used in that poster rather than whats on the actual kits. However, this is just all of my opinion. I will say that the big PoP set looks a little small for what is supposed to be the biggest PoP set but that is also just my opinion.

People, just because it's not dark orange doesn't mean it's a new color! LEGO has a lot of colors which are hardly ever used in System, but which appear in some of the more obscure lines like Duplo, Scala, Fabuland, and Belville. Many of these, according to http://www.isodomos.com, a very reliable source in my experience, don't even have fan names because of their limited use.

Here is a list of known colors from Isodomos (sorted by approximate hue), and here is a list of the official LEGO colors with known names. A lot of those obscure orangish colors could be approximately the same as this new orange, so until someone with a vast array of parts from these obscure LEGO lines, we can't assume that this is a never-before-seen color.

To be fair, though, this color is not one which has appeared in lines I am familiar with, at least not non-licensed themes. So it might still be new to a lot of people's collections.

Edited by Aanchir

I like the turrets because they look better and I don't mind having the back open as it gives a way to see in the inside. Also if you look at the video game PoP SOT you will notice that the architecture looks more like whats used in that poster rather than whats on the actual kits. However, this is just all of my opinion. I will say that the big PoP set looks a little small for what is supposed to be the biggest PoP set but that is also just my opinion.

Why does this matter? This entire discussion is of topic! This is prelim or a poster for the vid. game!!!

The sets look great. 2010 is going to be an expensive year.

Two things I noticed, we get the Indy whip in a new shape :thumbup: and the face of the Prince looks very similiar to Indy's.

Can't wait to add these to my collection.

Well, looks like that knife is not detachable. That would have been really cool to have another knife and MOC abilities for the gauntlet thingy:

boohoo.jpg

Doesn't matter to me- but those weapons are good for Star Wars bounty hunters/special clones also :tongue:

It's just good ole dark orange. The Amazon photos are a little washed out. It seems to be having a revival this year as it's in the Woody's Round Up set too.

I think it is a new color- with "dark orange" you probably mean the color that was usual in 2002 sw- well as Star Wars fan i call it "Geonosis brown" but Dark Orange is better term i think -since it is more orange than brown- but that would be good color for new sw-sets also geonosis arena from ep2? well offtopic yes but new POP sets look so cool- maybe i get the alamut battle for christmas- for a lego fan 2010 is definitely expensive year- i just have to get that camel (both would be better) :cry_happy:

Why does this matter? This entire discussion is of topic! This is prelim or a poster for the vid. game!!!

When did you get appointed as a moderator? :hmpf_bad:

The poster is about LEGO Prince of Persia, and - lo and behold - this is the LEGO Prince of Persia topic! So how is that off-topic in anyway? Besides, if it was an ad for a videogame, it would've most probably said so somewhere in it, eh?

It may be a small thing, but I'm glad Dastan's swords are like pearl silver, instead of say just gray, or that overused gold.

Well I just have to say that I am getting more and more excited about these sets. I was wondering though, when are the coming out exactly? Has there been a day set when we will see Lego PoP in the stores? I was also wondering if Lego will come out with a PoP video game as that would be just too cool. :sweet:

I was wondering though, when are the coming out exactly? Has there been a day set when we will see Lego PoP in the stores?

Since the movie is due out in May (or June), I think it's safe to say that these sets will hit around April. Just like when the newest Indiana Jones movie came out in May, the sets tied to it were released around late March/April.

Since the movie is due out in May (or June), I think it's safe to say that these sets will hit around April. Just like when the newest Indiana Jones movie came out in May, the sets tied to it were released around late March/April.

I think that is correct, though for some countries that get Lego shipments later, it would probably be the August release.

I hope it comes out in May or April. My birthday is in June, and I shall ask for Battle of Alamut. If it came out in August, it'd be too late :cry_sad: .

Of course it would be too late! The movie would be 3 months old by then. :tongue:

True.

I just can't wait to get these sets :sweet:. The ones I want to get and my Ambush in Cairo would make a decent city. If possible, I hope to get some tan baseplates.

I just noticed that the skeleton included in desert attack is the older version instead of the one with battle droid arms. Lego finally realized that the originals were far more superior.

EDIT: spelling and grammar, used O instead of I

Edited by sok117

:cry_sad: I hope for thousands of fan's sake that that poster is for the videogame or something. If it were the final version of the set, I would cry. :cry_sad:

It's prelime dummy no need to worry! :tongue:

The only skeletons might be superior as floppy dead guys, but not as zombie-like warrior skeletons. However, since it seems that this skeleton would be representing a dead guy in the desert, who probably is pretty floppy, I do agree that it's nice to see the old skeleton.

Wow!There is a new whip!It's much better that the whip from Indiana Jones.I think that assassin will look cool with two new whips,though.But in movie trailer was an assassin with very cool blade whip.If lego did new whip,razor glove,firing glove and knife,why don't they make new bladed whips or small scimitars?

Looks like some nice sets. :tongue: Ostrich's look a bit funny to me :laugh: They look so innocent till you come closer.. then BAM! They getcha. :grin:

I just noticed that ILikePi got a Dagger of Time tag! :oh: How did he get it?

dagger6.png

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Wolverine claws make me smile, I'll be using them for other purposes though. Agreed with others, floppy arm skeletons is one of the best sights to see, I have about 25 warrior types anyway so I gladly welcome back the more poseable dead.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I just noticed that the skeleton included in desert attack is the older version instead of the one with battle droid arms. Lego finally realized that the originals were far more superior.

That's kind of remarkable that now - apparently - TLG has two different molds in use for skeletons. Or would they completely resort back to the old mold, now that the Castle 'Fantasy Era' is over?

I just noticed that ILikePi got a Dagger of Time tag! :oh: How did he get it?

Bribery usually does the trick :laugh:

Edited by Rick

One good question is if this is being released in April worldwide, then why isn't in the first half consumer catalogue then ?

At least we'll get new weapons and animals too when it hits the store shelves.