If all of it is true, it will probably be a great set. :)

It were even better if tracks were motorized (with a subtractor :cry_happy: ).

He also did saw new PF trains, wich contains the new rechargeable battery box. Maybe it's also in the excavator ( because it's much smaller ).

I believe the new trains will not have exactly the rechargeable battery box you are guessing, but something similar.

Such element itself, would raise the price of these sets too much.

Has you may realize, no other LEGO set brings a rechargeable battery of-the-shelf (look at NXT and Emerald Night). Instead, you can buy it as an accessory.

:thumbup: Thumbs up for a new large Excavator, despite I'd like to see something much more sophisticated than LAs, being used here. :thumbdown: But we must accept that it would push the price tag forward and requires the development of new PF elements.

:thumbup: Thumbs up for a new large Excavator, despite I'd like to see something much more sophisticated than LAs, being used here. :thumbdown: But we must accept that it would push the price tag forward and requires the development of new PF elements.

Well i'm all for the developement of new PF parts :laugh:

To be honest i'de MUCH rather have longer pneumatics with an on board compressor than remote controlled thereby not requiring any new PF parts. But anyway proper flagships only come every two years and 2010 is not one of those years so I guess it's to be expected.

Edited by allanp

I do hope there is going to be a Power Function Excavator. I missed 8294, and I'm surely going to get the new one. :classic:

I do hope there is going to be a Power Function Excavator. I missed 8294, and I'm surely going to get the new one. :classic:

8294 is still for sale. Actually, at this very moment it is on sale at LEGO :wink:

the new off road crane looks very similar to the 8421 Mobile Crane

It's not the first time Lego have released virtually the same crane but with a different model

And there is no motor, so you'll have to rely on brute handtwistingforce to raise and lower the crane due to the LA's.

But it isprobably easy to add PF to the model.

Edited by Remy!!!!

Thanks for the visual tease!

Excavator looks nice, and nicely rounded, it looks like it has 4 LAs, old colored tracks and big bucket

Are those gears in the undercarriage, at the tracks sprockets?

Mobile crane is disappointed, for now!

It really looks like 8421, but I will wait for better pictures.

Thnak you Milan! The crane seems to have big wheels, proboably those 81mm ones. The boom seems to have only one extendable part, but the outrigers are not paraller to each other (a new for Lego). Container truck seems to be a classic, yet never done technic set. Styling seems simillar to cherry picker, and is proboably in simillar parts and price range. The bike seems to be a agressive sports machine with the thin wheel at front and a big fat one in the back. I heard it has 3 cylidner engine, so its proboably an inline. Thats all i can make out of the pics for now :)

Edited by Zblj

Don't worry, here they are (I had saved the images on my laptop) :

8051i.jpg8052.jpg8053z.jpg8043t.jpg

:classic:

I agree with Zbjl's comment.

Otherwise :

For the tracks of the excavator : is it a tan 20t does we can see on the chassis ? EDIT : on the box, it seems there are arrows to drive the model. /EDIT

No motor on the mobile crane ! That's good ! Like the models in the 90's ! :p I just hop it is not a 8295 like. -_-

The Ampliroll truck : only 2 features (steering and dumper) ? :sceptic: But the design seems to be very nice !

PS : sorry for the mistakes in my post. :-s

Edited by Anio

Pictures were deleted probably because of the Confidential mark on them. We are not allowed to post them here...

It's okay to post links to them though.

8053 looks like a cut down version of 8421 from that picture. The design of the boom is nearly identical, but there is no motor and the chassis is possibly a little smaller. I wonder why it has that thing on the end instead of a metal hook. It doesn't seem like much of a draw for those of us who already have 8421.

I like the look of 8052, even though I doubt it's very mechanically advanced, but it includes a motor and that's going to drive the price up needlessly. It may be the 8264 of next year.

8043 is easily the most interesting model here. I don't see any motors on the arm itself, which is good as I said earlier. It has 4 motors but presumably 6 functions (I see gears behind the tracks, suggesting they are connected to something), so it may use a switching mechanism where one motor is used to change between several functions performed by another motor. That would be great to have, as it's something we haven't seen in a long time (since 8082).

I love all of those! That mobile crane looks awesome, and I assume PF will be an easy option to fully motorize the arm/boom etc. The excavator is sublime!

I guess we have many months to wait before we get to see more photos of them :(

If these images all came from scans, maybe we will get some better quality shots in a day or so? Also, as they have page numbers next to them, can we assume there will be more photos and details on those pages?

The Ampliroll truck : only 2 features (steering and dumper) ? :sceptic: But the design seems to be very nice !

By the looks of it there will be 3 features - steering, tipp and roll off. The roll off would allow you to put something in the skip at ground level. Basically demount the tipper body. I'm think a better description in the UK would be a "tip hook loader"

8043 looks good ! :grin:

Is that a new dual contoller and is that pneumatic system on board or not ?

Unusual to see two new excavators (big and small) being released in one year in the same theme.

Is that a new dual contoller and is that pneumatic system on board or not ?

No, these are just two regular controllers.

No pneumatics, these are Linear Actuators. :wink:

Edited by Milan

Wow! the new sets look great! The Tipper truck is a first for TLC in techinc form i believe, so thats a plus! :thumbup: Looks to be the simular size as the boom truck we got a couple years back. it will be enteresting to see all of the various containers people make.

The crane does loook like a baby version (and by baby i mean smaller, not <insert that tiresome argument>) version od 8421. I'm curious how the outriggers extend. It seems like they pivit out from the center of the chassis. If so another first.

The excavator is massive! Very cool! This will work well with the 8275 bulldozer of a few years ago. Its a shame though that we recieved an excavator last year. while its smaller in scale with less function, visualy, it looks very simular. Kind of taking away from the inital "Wow!" factor when you first see it. either way, i look forward to more detailed pics!

As for the bike, not bad, but nothing special either. :sceptic:

This will work well with the 8275 bulldozer of a few years ago.

If the excavator uses 3 channels, it won't work well with the 8275. :sceptic:

:laugh: we'll end up having to use cascading IR-Receicers to be able to control the lot without interferences