Millacol88

How Many Minifigs do you own?

According to Brickset I own 1045 figures, but I haven't updated that in a while, so I should recalculate that sometime. Unfortunately I was in my Dark Ages for the last 15 years so I missed out on a lot of figures :sad:

Even if you hadn't been on your dark ages, unless you are rich, you would still have missed on a lot of them... That's my case. :sad:

I honestly have no idea. Other than official kits, I usually don't build in mini-figure scale so more often than not my minifigures just get shuffled away into storage. Still, I suspect with all the SW, HP, PotC, LotR, Modulars, Trains, Castle/Knights, Space and City sets I've picked up over the years, I've got to figure I've got quite a few at this point.

I know this probably horrifies the mini-figure faithful, but the bulk of my mini-figure collection is 'displayed' in 1 gallon Zip Lock bags (sorted by theme) in plastic tubs in a closet. I even have a bulging quart-sized bag of the old "slabbies" from the mid -70's from the days before mini-figures had movable limbs and printed faces.

Does anyone know the 'average' mass of a minifigure? I've got one tub that feels like it's about 15 kilos and another that's about half that. Deducting for the weight of the baggies and the tubs themselves, I think that comes out to the size of a reasonable sized angry mob (with blasters, swords, axes, spears, wands, and miscellaneous utensils).

This weekend I was actually trying to find a LOTR Legolas figure for a display I'm putting together and, although I like to think my LEGO collection is reasonably organized (for someone without a dedicated LEGO room) it still took 20 mins of rummaging through the crowd to find him.

Shay,

Hahaha! Reading your post made me laugh. Yup, it is a problem even thinking about counting minifigs. I decapitated most of mine a few years ago and stored the torsos by color to make it easier to build the needed color. Next I attach lt flesh arms because most of mine are pastel colored gals with lt flesh heads and legs. I do use some pastel colored legs and and arms as well. And I adore the torsos with darker heads and limbs because the contrast is perfect with pastel torsos. It would be great if they offered a wider variety of heads with features matching women from India, China, Japan and Africa to get away from the yellow heads of the past.

Except for a few complete licensed figs, most of mine are not assembled. This system does make me focus on the particular body parts missing so that I have enough female figs to make large scenes. It seems that the Prince of Persia sets were a source of lt flesh arms on BL, so I stocked up. And many male fig heads can be turned into females with appropriate hair, etc. Guess I'll have to pass on the body count for now.

I know this probably horrifies the mini-figure faithful, but the bulk of my mini-figure collection is 'displayed' in 1 gallon Zip Lock bags (sorted by theme) in plastic tubs in a closet.

Au contraire, I think that this is the best way to store large numbers of minifies.

Well, after my large purchase today and according to Brickset, I have 1354 minifigs now.

Well, my last post was almost a year ago in this topic and I only had a little over 1000. As of now, I have 1370 and will be making a large order for double VIP points, so I'll probably be getting probably about 20 more, so close to 1390. I am quite pleased with that number, but 2000! That is amazing.

By the end of the year will be a different story though..

Well I obviously don't hold a candle to many of you... Brickset says I have 165 but last I counted it was more like 150 (and I'm sure I don't have the figs from some of the sets I've listed). But after all how many do you need... ?

According to Brickset I own 515, but I also have a pile of figs from some collections I bought. These are not listed on Brickset. So I am probably around 600 now.

Like several here, no idea :sceptic: . I know its a lot, but most aren't organized, I've even got a whole bucket of random fig parts, so there could potentially be many in there.

Edited by Grimmbeard

According to Brickset I have 261 Minifigs, although I haven't put all my sets on yet so it'll actually be more than that.

D

Wow 2 years later and according to Brickset I have 615, plus a few odds and ends

D

Really hard to count them all as many are put away and many are on display. If I had to hazard a guess though i would say around 600?

Hmmm.... my records say 5,721, BrickSet says 5,463, and neither of those count my wife's who probably has another 1000+ easily. So, I'll wager in the 7,000 ballpark, give or take 500, maybe.

DaveE

Brickset says 1368, how accurate this is, I'm not sure?

If you've listed all your sets accurately, it should somewhere in that range, give or take a few.

I own at least 932 figures in my sets and I have about 700 spare/loose. In total that is 1632 (the other day I had even more but I sold all of my spare Star Wars figures for £110 :classic: ).

Brickset says 1368, how accurate this is, I'm not sure?

Well, the problem is in defining what a minifigure is! Is Jar-Jar Binks a minifig? How about a skeleton? R2-D2? The Cave Troll? Jabba the Hutt? The rancor? The mutant dinosaurs?

BrickSet itself is pretty accurate-- it's just that it's up to you to decide if something's a minifig or not. Your opinion may be quite different from the admins at BrickSet, BrickLink, or even the people at LEGO!

DaveE

Brickset says I have 666, but I know I have at least 750 because I got dozens and dozens of minifigures at tag sales and flea markets, plus the CMF count is off.

Of the ones I have cataloged through brickset (which is by no means all of them), the total is 1679. I think that may be just the distinct ones and does not include duplicates. Oh yes, that is right.

Brickset says I have a total of 2878. Which is probably a little low, since I got a lot of figures second hand.

Steve