ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

Even though we dont have BAM at our PAB wall in the Hamburg store, parts of the Panda showed up including whiter jumper plates (got a full cup of those!) and dark cheese slopes. Together with white 1x4 plates, white 2x2 curved slopes and other useful things it was a good haul. :)

@ReslpsaLoquitur, Thanks for that! I've been waiting for that. I wonder why then went with that convoluted bottom front rather than just using an inverted 2x2 45 slope brick which was made all the more curious as our wall had the inverted 1x2 45 slope brick new on the wall. The head is a little squat, as my mother said it looked more like a fox than a panda, so we'll have to find a way to fix that look.

@ReslpsaLoquitur, Thanks for that! I've been waiting for that. I wonder why then went with that convoluted bottom front rather than just using an inverted 2x2 45 slope brick which was made all the more curious as our wall had the inverted 1x2 45 slope brick new on the wall. The head is a little squat, as my mother said it looked more like a fox than a panda, so we'll have to find a way to fix that look.

Yeah, one thing to note--I think the white 1x4 plate should go on the bottom. He has it in the middle, over the black 1x4. The photo of the completed model just barely shows the white one on the bottom; he didn't pick that up.

I got a bunch of these parts yesterday, and it's always annoying trying to reverse-engineer the PAM build without instructions.

They haven't been that difficult, but this one was tough without an inventory list and an incomplete PAM inventory at our store. I like the white 1x4 plate where it is shown as it makes a separation between the arms and the legs. I may try substituting two 1x1 white plates with a 1x2 black plate in between instead.

I replaced the 1x2 black brick at the back with a 1x2 white brick because I preferred how that looked, but either way is fine. I added two 1x2 white cheese slopes at the top to round off the head and then I simply gave the black cheese slope a quarter turn so the flat portion faces forward. I guess a photo would have been easier, but it's at home and I'm not.

I really like the pieces in these 2, the panda maybe slightly more than the truck.

As noted above with the chairs, Water Tower place in Chicago also had white ones.

I went on a slight PAB rampage over the weekend... this is what I got from the London lego store...

Just two cups in this visit...

21983558982_b2883b2dd4.jpgIMG_8968, on Flickr

The first I spent ages stacking (I had time to kill), but I could have easily done I much better job of filling in round the edges...

21969585926_fbaf87c54d.jpgIMG_8969, on Flickr

And the second was just filled as best I could

21808860189_09325077a7.jpgIMG_8970, on Flickr

I think there was about 30g difference between the two... and stacking wins by weight.

I then ended up in the Cardiff store and it had a completely different and IMO much better selection... including proper palm tree leaves, bamboo leaves and flag poles. I'll post the picks later although I had to surrender some of the parts from those cups so I won't be able to show everything.

I just visited the store in Berlin and they had plenty of those panda pieces, i.e. black cheese slopes, white Jumpers and black curved ones. Yay!

White seats in Troy, Michigan, too. I filled two large cups of a bunch of these elements. I can see myself going back for more...

This is what was on offer in the Cardiff store...

21975018146_a60c57b5f4.jpgIMG_9016, on Flickr

There was two cups worth but I had to share a third of one cup...

You got those candies at the PAB? That doesn't seem sanitary to me...

:laugh:

Nice Haul! I was there today and didn't have much time, but I did grab a handful of each of the best brick type from the Panda. I'll get more when I have time to stack properly. Great selection though! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Oh my... the panda's jumper plate and 1X2 brick with studs on the side might make me want to get a full cup exclusively full of those two pieces!

They sure will be useful for making modular MOCs, I'll probably head to my nearest store this weekend and grab a ton of them :wink:

And at first i was happy our store didn't have those build a model tubs.

Those jumpers would be useful.

No jelly beans either.

Some pretty useful pieces in the panda assembly. Too bad Lego apparently intentionally avoids opening a store even remotely near me... the nearest ones are in Munich and Nuremberg, both at least a 2 hour drive...so unless I mix in a weekend trip to those cities, it's not feasibly to go there.

Is there anything like PAB at Legoland Germany?

Some pretty useful pieces in the panda assembly. Too bad Lego apparently intentionally avoids opening a store even remotely near me... the nearest ones are in Munich and Nuremberg, both at least a 2 hour drive.

Don't complain - the nearest one from me is in Berlin: 6 hours drive... :(

Don't complain - the nearest one from me is in Berlin: 6 hours drive... :(

At least S@H delivers in your country! We have none of this and Berlin store is much more further.

Bellevue store was out of white jumpers... :damn: At least they said some more are coming in Wednesday... :look:

Oh man! Super bummer! :sceptic: good thing they said they would have more though. My Lego store seems to run on a "when we're out, we're out." Policy.

I'm going to check to see if they still have the good loot today, and I will likely give it a good stacking this time to get the most bang for my buck. It's a very good piece assortment, and a very good time to buy, due to the overlap of Lego's Double VIP points, and the Christmas promotion.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

With the large distances between stores and inconsistency in S@H's shipping destinations, maybe we should establish a closed community of "PAB forwarders" and have our own private brick exchange program?

With the large distances between stores and inconsistency in S@H's shipping destinations, maybe we should establish a closed community of "PAB forwarders" and have our own private brick exchange program?

I've actually done this for a gentleman in Australia. I charged him a large cup of parts for me for every 4 large cups I bought for him. He ended up buying almost $200 USD in PaB parts that I shipped to him.

This is what was on offer in the Cardiff store...

21975018146_a60c57b5f4.jpgIMG_9016, on Flickr

There was two cups worth but I had to share a third of one cup...

Hi there you all!!

In early September I asked here about the PAB facilities in London as I was to go there. I went to the one in Shepherd's Bush the day I landed and had 2 big cups. A few days later I was in the other one in Stratford and filled 3 more. In total, I had 5 big cups, accumulating 7779 pieces, which was a satisfactory score for a first visit.

Thank you Brick On for the tips.

And the photos:

22011395189_4d5a0e1957_c.jpg20151013_202029 by Mengish, on Flickr

22198251025_6199fd2600_c.jpg20151013_204035 by Mengish, on Flickr

22198342775_278dcf4785_c.jpg20151014_231724 by Mengish, on Flickr

Visited the LEGO store at the Eastview Mall in New York, yesterday, and this is what we got.

Black 4x6 plates: 14

Black 2x4 plates: 18

Black 1x4 plates: 8

Black 1x2 bow bricks: 145

Black 1x2 plates; 83

Black 1x1 cheese slopes: 1000 ish

Black 1x1 round plates: 75ish

Bley 4x4 plates; 2

Tan 2x6 bricks: 10

Tan 2x4 bricks: 15

Tan 1x2 brick w. studs: 810

Dark bley 2x4 bricks: 74

Green 2x6 plates: 20

Reddish brown 2x3 bricks: 12

Lime green 1x1 round bricks: 10

Blue 4x6 plates: 2

Trans clear 1x2 bricks: 79

White 2x2 plates: 11

White 1x4 plates: 37

White 1x2 cheese slopes: 303

White 2x2 spinner bases: 164

White 1x2 slope modified: 83

Trans blue 1x1 round plates: 100ish

White jumper plates: 400ish

For a total of appoximately 3500 parts at 2 cents a part, plus the minifig stuff.

22010180100_42628fef51_c.jpg