M'Kyuun

New Elements

I remember starting a thread on lugnet called "technic. What happened to the good old days?" Check it out (the whole thread) as there are many many many many great ideas there for new parts.

My apologies; for clarification, my search was limited to EuroBricks. While I'm sure that there are many great ideas and topics on LUGNET, I simply don't visit the site very often, preferring EB's layout and environment. However, thanks for posting the reference, as it's yet another resource for those of us with long wishlists for LEGO parts.

Cheers,

M'Kyuun

Studless 1x1 round tiles

More roofing and wall elements

A larger variety of baseplates, mainly more terrains

That would be great for now.

Studless 1x1 round tiles

More roofing and wall elements

A larger variety of baseplates, mainly more terrains

That would be great for now.

These all sound very usefull. I would love to see them put into production.

Also, I think we need better rotating turrets for Star Wars, because the current ones don't let you put minifigs in them.

Like a contraption that makes the new Y-Wing turret rotatable? That would be very great.

That would be cool, but I meant a new turret to replace those on the front of the droid gunship and the republic attack gunship. The new ones should allow minifigs to get inside.

That would be cool, but I meant a new turret to replace those on the front of the droid gunship and the republic attack gunship. The new ones should allow minifigs to get inside.

Yeah, but those would be rather pointless, because they are supposed to empty, and that would just hide a minifig.

Another thing came to mind while building my AAT yesterday. Since the top rotating area of the tank, as well as the main control area are connected, it would be cool to see the two pieces that rotate to be hollowed out to allow access.

Yeah, its already a piece. I think it came in some oriental sets and some bellieville one too. I think Magicbricks has it in bright yellow, but it is really expensive.

Not really.

Just out of curiosity what would peoples ideas be if some one were to produce the elements requested. Would they buy non lego elements if the quality was good enough and unavailable from lego? If so in what volumes would people be likely to buy them?.

I am asking as there were a few elements that I would really like to have and I had looked in too the possibility of trying to get cad designs of parts manufactured. However the initial start up price of having the parts tooled made it un realistic for personal use.

an inverted cheese slope is easy to make, just turn a cheese up side down and use SNOT to connect it, ive managed to make a 6x4 brick with studs on both sides, it dosent in volve ay cutting, ill take pictures once ive found it and my camara... and mabey once i get a new camara...

Like Captain Blue Hair, I'd like to see 1x3 tiles as well.

They would solve many problems and avoid the annoying effects of using 1x2 and 1x1.

Like Captain Blue Hair, I'd like to see 1x3 tiles as well.

They would solve many problems and avoid the annoying effects of using 1x2 and 1x1.

Every MOC I have made recently has required 1x3 tiles, and sometimes a 1x2 and 1x1 just won't work. For example, on the 3x4 crates, a 2x1 will not usually hold in place when over the gap in the middle of the crate. It just falls into the crate.

I would also really like a 3x3 plate, and the previously mentioned inverted cheese slope.

Hey guys! I'm primarilly an airplane/vehicle builder, so here's my take on things:

1- First of all, I'd like to see Slopes with Cutouts (basically, this inverted. Or this without the hinge.)

2- Slope inverted 45 2x4. (This inverted.)

I have another idea for a brick, but the idea is hard to express. Basically, take a brick 2x2 and a slope 45 2x2, glue them side by side and then smooth them out untill they transition smoothly from a square section to a triangular section. Get my idea?

Glad to be on this forum!

Brick on!

Scorpion

EDIT: Seems like someone had the same idea as me: Linky!

Edited by Scorpion

For decorative purposes, a 1x1x2 pyramid, in colors like Pearl Gold and Pearl Gray, as like spikes or other decor.

I want plates like the 2x2 corner pieces but shaped like Z, S, and T (2x1 plates with 1x1 plates attached in various positions)

I want plates like the 2x2 corner pieces but shaped like Z, S, and T (2x1 plates with 1x1 plates attached in various positions)

Do you mean like the Tetris pieces?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3052/280802..._5cbe0a048a.jpg

Or do you mean more like what I recently thought of (but never posted here)?

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039194

This would create a half stud offset, I think this would be very useful to complement the jumper plate.

Some other parts I thought of:

A vertical half-plate offset part:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039193

useful in snot constructions

The (mentioned before) inverted cheese slope

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039195

Useful in small constructions with studs facing everywhere; you might not have space to make a stud turn the right direction to use a normal cheese slope. Therefore I think inverted cheese sloped could really broaden the amount of shapes possible.

"Inverse tiles" - plates that have studs, but no stud recievers at the bottom. The bottom would be flat like tiles, and the top would have a groove just like regular tiles have at the bottom. This could be used for finishing off parts of a model that happen to have studs facing down or inwards.

Also, specifically for Technic constructions... a useful little liftarm: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039198

A pin extender (half a pin joiner round + a 1 stud pin with friction) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039199

And because it is only a matter of time... http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4039196

I was just thinking that same thing last night---I really wanted/needed a 1x3 jumper plate (with 2 studs)---a normal jumper plus a 1x1 tile beside it just isn't nearly strong enough for a lot of places.

And to everyone who said 1x3 tiles--those too! Lately LEGO has seemed so intent on making big, new, complex pieces that very few sets will use, when "obvious simple variations of basic pieces that could be used in EVERY set" go un-made...

a 2x2 jumper plate would be pure awsomeness. It would be like a normal 4-studded 2x2 plate but on the top would have two studs in the middle next to eachother just as if you put two jumper plates together.

I was just thinking that same thing last night---I really wanted/needed a 1x3 jumper plate (with 2 studs)---a normal jumper plus a 1x1 tile beside it just isn't nearly strong enough for a lot of places.

And to everyone who said 1x3 tiles--those too! Lately LEGO has seemed so intent on making big, new, complex pieces that very few sets will use, when "obvious simple variations of basic pieces that could be used in EVERY set" go un-made...

Lately? I'm guessing you weren't much of a fan during the halcyon days of juniorization... :tongue:

All technic related.

Deeeeeeep breath in and.......

Spline shaft

leaf spring

XL motor with a much higher output speed

servo motor with automatic return to centre

helecopter swash plate that allows for cyclic and collective control

rotor blade/wing elements

Longer pnermatic cylinders in a couple of different lengths

PF pneumatic switch

More efficient pneumatic motor pump

Pneumatic power steering elements

synchromesh gears in more than one size (like the current 16t dark bley one)

Gear change gate like the 8880 but with 6 or 7 positions (8448 gear change was horrible)

More realistic gear change elements

tow ball socket (that would allow a beam or axle to turn into a tie rod/steering arm in any length or configuration)

spring with tow ball sockets on either end who's orientation can be reconfigured

large turntable with metallic or non-metallic roller/ball bearings

drive/steer/suspention wheel hub that can take lots of torque but have very very little rolling resistance/friction at any angle of steering or suspention travel.

a 1x1 plate with a clip pointing up but instead of the plate holder, you have a stud (hope that makes sense)

That too :grin:

Edited by prateek