yes, these orcs are great.

i have also his gondor shields at home. perfect quality like original lego.

so i think i have to order some for my army too :)

I've been working on a board game that will utilize Legos to create a medieval micro city, as well as minifigs to represent player characters and NPCs. I've been brainstorming lots of ideas about how it will all come together, and I've decided I want to include lots of the factions from the 80's/90's Castle era, with some modernization. I've started with 2 of the factions to test the waters, and here are the examples that I've come up with so far.

House of Lions - they represent one of the old "Houses" in the city, a rich organization that is the epitome of nobility and honor. While they do represent this on the whole, there are a few instances of bad seeds within the House...a few members that are really corrupt. They live in the "Upper City", the part of the city where all the nobility reside, and they exercise a lifestyle that only the wealthiest could afford. They do have many workers that attend to their lavish lifestyle, such as chefs, sculptors, jewelers, gardeners, and even servents (the orc dressed in fancy clothes). Yes...the wizard is straight from the CMF series, but I felt he fits the style as is.

Lion_zpsqii7qgf3.jpg

Wolfpack - they reside primarily in the Port District of the Lower City. They are commoners who are down on their luck and desperate for opportunity, found mainly in the form of being thieves, thugs, and bandits. They do have their own society, however, with more "respectable" professions, like alchemists, dock workers, and bards.

Wolfpack_zpsk5pp4yjn.jpg

There will be other factions as well, but there's a chance they are still a ways off, while I focus on other aspects of the boardgame (as well as work just about to start getting BUSY for months and months)

Great job on the modelling, and I must say, I'm really interested in your game in general. Any hopes you're gonna share it with us when it's finished?

Custom orcs are neat looking, but I'm not going to spend $20 each. Plus, I prefer official LEGO. But they did a good job with them for sure. It would be neat to see a large Orc army with lots of variation. Although I do love symmetrical/uniform armies, orcs tend to not have that as much.

Custom orcs my megablocks. Someone bought armors and weapons in Brickwarriors and hairs in Brickarms, put on lego LOTR orcs, painted with waterpaint and selling as his design. For 25 USD I made myself 15 "custom" minifigs. Just need to borrow paint from my daughter to make it more custom ;P

I can sell my custom Viking for 19.99 with custom cape :P in anyone interested.

20510181528_e6a9158449_z.jpg

Edited by Stelario

My army consists of 2 main factions (Red Dragons vs Blue Lions) and a small squad of Red Lion allies to help combat the mighty force of the Dragons.

Blue Lions

dk55TaT.jpg

x05Ri3h.jpg

Red Lions

keQkG5V.jpg

Red Dragons

I655iWy.jpg

uCRyFa6.jpg

Bd83ZU8.jpg

All Factions

kqD9Ceo.jpg

Total Numbers:

76 Blue Lions

20 Red Lions

59 Red Dragons

Edited by knight_40k

My army consists of 2 main factions (Red Dragons vs Blue Lions) and a small squad of Red Lion allies to help combat the mighty force of the Dragons.

Total Numbers:

76 Blue Lions

20 Red Lions

59 Red Dragons

Simply amazing! They put my armies to shame! :tongue:

I don't know if this qualifies as an "army" so much as a "shambling" of zombies

Arrgh... Braaaains!

Well then, I think that's an army, and an amazing one at that! I love all the combos on those guys. Great work!

Edited by Nagol of Fortfield

40k - Both armies looks strong and in big numbers

amperZand - love you costum zombies, indeed it is an army!

Love to share my fantasy armies with you once I can get them into a diorama that fits.

I don't know if this qualifies as an "army" so much as a "shambling" of zombies:

Snip!

Arrgh... Braaaains!

Damn that's awesome!

Totenkopf Mercenaries

Those combos looks really good! The black and white work very well. Plus, you gotta love those Brick Warriors!

WOW!! *oh2* That's a lot of samurai! I count ish-250. If only I had the money of you old geezers grown-ups...

Edited by Nagol of Fortfield

my little custom orc army. it grows and grows :)

dsc07441joimgapbh.jpg

dsc07453u8trki694.jpg

dsc0746w84tdbm7li.jpg

dsc0747sy8o6351nr.jpg

dsc0749rd7368jb9c.jpg

dsc0750314mjqd6lt.jpg

Edited by Hepitos

I don't know if this qualifies as an "army" so much as a "shambling" of zombies:

zombies.jpg

Arrgh... Braaaains!

Nice Zombies :)

Hepitos, i really admire Your orc army! Like the mix of all kind of orcs in one big echelon, and with all types of armour and weapons. This is how orcs fight!

P.s. What are those knights on the green base plate, next to the Rohan horsemen?

my friend is preparing custom gondor soldiers, he made in the past the gondor shields, i have one at home and quality is like original (who has it too knows that its thrue...). right now he is finishing the gondor torso and within 2-3 months will be custom gondor helmet.... i put here his photos , hope you like it , i love them, I am waiting for those custom gondor helmets ant for sure buy some to my own collection .-)

22677052176_4dff34e552_b.jpg5 by richchie, on Flickr

22515137250_24f37a6ed8_b.jpg4 by richchie, on Flickr

22081903023_1b44f3fcef_b.jpg3 by richchie, on Flickr

22080264254_21b84a7ef7_b.jpg2 by richchie, on Flickr

22515131500_3780277096_b.jpg1 by richchie, on Flickr

Edited by richchie

yes, they're great. I also have them for my gondor soldiers.

also the heads have very high quality (u can see them on my pictures - olive green orc heads)