• Harry Potter
    • Spider-Man
    • Trains
    • Sports
    • Vikings
    • Western
    • Ninjas
    • Island Xtreme Stunts

Before I start, I know that there is a topic like this, but I would say that it is not complete, and doesn't have all of the themes, and only a few. Plus, now the poll can have 40 choices per question, unlike before when it was limited to 10 choices.

So, what is your favorite Lego theme? There were many in the history of Lego, but which one is best? Choose your favorite in poll, and leave your comment if you like. When you leave a comment, please share which one you like best and why. Also, please let me know if I forgot any themes, and I will add them to the poll. :classic:

My favorite is Star Wars, because I really liked the movies, and I like collecting and building the models of the ships, scenes, etc. in the movies. I also like Indiana Jones because the movies were great, and the vehicles, scenery, etc. can be used widely for MOCs in various themes.

Edited by JimButcher

Everyone knows what I voted for. :wink:

And a piece of advice, make Power Miners: Power Miners / Rock Raiders. :thumbup:

Edited by Scyzoryk

Technic! I love building things that have function! City is 2nd, and Ferrari probbly comes in at 3rd!

Your forgeting lots of themes that people liked (most of them), Island Xtreme Stunts, Divers, Res-Q, Ninja, LEGOLAND, Outback, Artic, Clikits, Scala, Halloween, Factory, Dacta, Mindstorms, 4 Juniors/Jack Stone, Freestyle, Primo, etc.

I just named these at the top of my head, and I could add more, but, it's 12 o clock in the morning here in New Jersey. :tongue:

Technic. :wub: I'll soon have the 8297 Off Roader and with that I'll at last have all the pieces I need to make a car with gears and suspension. :cry_happy:

Before I start, I know that there is a topic like this, but I would say that it is not complete, and doesn't have all of the themes, and only a few. Plus, now the poll can have 40 choices per question, unlike before when it was limited to 10 choices.

No need to be so defensive! :tongue:

It's trains as my user name indicates. As a child I loved castle stuff. I switched to trains at Christmas 1991; that was when I got my first train set, but I still got castle sets as well. Especially since my dark ages I have loved the train theme most. For me trains (plus town stuff that belong to a good train layout) are a representation of reality. And hey, those trains can move, wow! :wink: I love detailed things and locomotives like the Super Chief are very detailed. This refers back to the reality aspect.

Maybe my love for trains is something that has been within me since childhood. When I was very small, I had trains made of wood with railway tracks made of wood. You had to push the trains, and they had magnetic couplings. I loved them, but that wooden train layout always remained very little. I never got additional tracks though they would've been available. And even as a child my eyes became wider and wider when I saw real model trains. I can remember going to the cellar of one of my mum's cousins. They had a model train layout there. I was always accompanied by one of her sons. I'm sure they wouldn't have trusted me if I had been there all alone. Model trains are fragile and expensive, and I was only a curious child. But for my clumsy fingers LEGO trains are perfect. I seldom touch my brother's model trains. But if you drop a LEGO train, just assemble it again. Drop a model train and up to 250 euro can be gone! And 250 euro is a lot of money with which you can buy 9V train stuff! :wink:

Edited by legotrainfan

My favourite would be City, which I voted for, but personally I think that would include Town, Trains, World City etc.

Oh, mine is definitely Adventurers, closely followed by Castle and Batman. :wink: It's interesting to see what people like, so thanks for the expanded poll!

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Your forgeting lots of themes that people liked (most of them), Island Xtreme Stunts, Divers, Res-Q, Ninja, LEGOLAND, Outback, Artic, Clikits, Scala, Halloween, Factory, Dacta, Mindstorms, 4 Juniors/Jack Stone, Freestyle, Primo, etc.

I just named these at the top of my head, and I could add more, but, it's 12 o clock in the morning here in New Jersey. :tongue:

I used Brickset as a reference, so I got most of them. I'll add clicklits to Belville, since I doubt anyone will vote for them anyway. Island Xtreme I'll add, and Ninjas. Arctic goes in with alpha team, I think. Mindstorms fits in with Technic. Factory fits with Creator, and all of the others that you mentioned are too minor. Besides, that takes up all of the question space. :wink:

No need to be so defensive! :tongue:

Harden up, princess! :tongue:

Actually, Artic is a seperate theme. It has nothing to do with Alpha Team.

Here check it out, it's an old line:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?p...tID=480&v=1

Yet, I still think it is very minor. If anyone seriously believes this to be their favorite, I will arrange something, but it's kind of late now. Not that I think it is a bad theme, however. :wink:

Technic. Space comes close, but I'm a sucker for mechanical functionality and the gears, motors, pneumatics and so on that make it all work. :wub:

My favorite is Castle, but its followed up closely by Star Wars. Basically the only two themes I collect, though sometimes others slip in. Soon I'll probably start collecting Agents.

Like can be supposed by my user name I vote Star Wars :cry_happy::thumbup: . I think this theme is simply amazing and the TLC just keep going up and up improving their desings of the ships (Which is something a bit hard considering Star Wars is a theme full of curved elements :tongue: ) I also :wub: the movies and since a child I like collect something (First, is the kenner line up of Jurassic Park :grin: ). Now, I just can hope the TLC release a Jurassic Park theme :laugh: .

Well, after looking at the new pictures of the 2009 line for weeks, I'm going to have to say City! Despite the fact that I don't get most of the kits, I just love the theme, and I'll be buying more kits from the theme next year than any previous year (Farm sets will do that to ya!). It's just really a wonderful line with so many great kits - and I hope it continues for as long as lego exists. :thumbup:

Hmm... :tongue:

Castle!

Pirates, aquazone, and western round out the mix...

God Bless,

Nathan

I voted Duplo.

NNNOOTTTTTT!!!!

Seriously, I voted City (City and Town should be the same choice), because that theme gives many ideas/needs for a LEGO town.