Sign in to follow this  
Gen. Knowledge

No Pirates in 2009 LEGO lineup?

I guess we'll just see, wouldn't we! B.t.w. strange that we (at least I) haven't seen any pictures of the powerminers. When you haven't seem them, how can you decide if you like them or not? Hope they are better than the rockraiders at least.

It isn't strange at all, since we weren't supposed to see the other preliminary pictures either. If the LEGO Group would've had it's way, we common fans wouldn't know anything about the new Pirates or what the upcoming sets will look like.

So you guys should be glad we've gotten to see what little has leaked to the net.

And please stop jumping into conclusions about cancelling themes and what-not, since nothing official has been said about the matter. :pir-wink:

and i think this is a theme that would sell very well in the USA as pirates and sea travel are in the american history and culture

Pirates and sea travel are in most histories and cultures! It irriates me sometimes when Americans say they only have things, although things are not so different in other places... :pir_wacko:

On this matter, I would think Pirates and Power Miners are both coming out next year, maybe at different times, but that list certainly doesn't mention all sets does it?

:skull:

And please stop jumping into conclusions about cancelling themes and what-not, since nothing official has been said about the matter. :pir-wink:

No we won't. This is what forums are for. To speculate, talk and make wild guesses what the future will be like.

And this exactly the place where we all can share our thoughts :pir-laugh:

Or maybe the LEGO Group decided to cancel the new pirate theme after the images got leaked to teach people not to leak images in the future.

ohh no! :pir-wink: thought that would teach a lesson...

i think this is a theme that would sell very well in the USA as pirates and sea travel are in the american history and culture

Like Shoc said, pirates and sea travel is not just an American thing.

In fact, some of the famous pirates you are referring to (i.e. Bartholomew Roberts, William Kidd) actually came from Britain, so there you go.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

The new Pirate line will be released around august I believe, so might be in second half of 2009 catalogue. I did see some pictures of a few new sets, i downloaded them and will upload them to my brickshelf, I promise you... you will be excited!!! the new figures look awsome! darker crocodile, new flag, dynamite (bar instead of tile), red jackets are back with new hats and torsos, i see bananas, yellow/goldish treasure chest, white ores, new flames, new treasure map, new baseplate, a brown octopus called "kraken". On one of the pictures i see a fortress on the back, perhaps a new soldiers fortress????

The new Pirate line will be released around august I believe, so might be in second half of 2009 catalogue. I did see some pictures of a few new sets, i downloaded them and will upload them to my brickshelf, I promise you... you will be excited!!!

Ahem... We know about these... And we are quite excited. But if you look around Eurobricks, there are good pictures of them. :look:

Is it the link to some pictures of the new pirates sets ?

It'll come out in the summer then, Lego made too many new molds to drop the line now.

Ummm... Won't they just be the same pictures as in this Flickr photoset?

Either way, you may get them deleted from Brickshelf if they're found out. I think they did before.. :pir-sceptic:

man I love you :blush:

*guss is going to watch these pics carefully, because he wants to buy all the new pirate sets*

Ummm... Won't they just be the same pictures as in this Flickr photoset?

Either way, you may get them deleted from Brickshelf if they're found out. I think they did before.. :pir-sceptic:

yes, it is. not too good quality but ow well... its atleast a start, im looking further for other pics aswell.

I get the odd feeling that the Shipwreck set might be a store exclusive. Wasn't it the only one of the non-Impulse sets not to appear in the catalogue? Seems odd they'd leave the third biggest set out of the catalogue pics...

I've just received my new 2009 Lego catalogue with the Lego Club Magazine, and I'm saddened to see no mention of the Pirates theme for the first half of 2009 (7 pages devoted to Power Miners? Come on!) Looks like we'll have to hold out for S@H to have them available for all of us south of the equator...

Insert many sad faces here.

- Sharpy

Apparently the Impulse sets are due for release early next the year but it remains unknown as to when the larger sets will be released.

Apparently the Impulse sets are due for release early next the year but it remains unknown as to when the larger sets will be released.

Same thing here, in Europe, we still don't know it either for sure...although after my telephone call to the Belgian LEGO service desk, they told me: impulses in january, the rest in March.

They better stick to it :pir-sweet: !

I live in the Netherlands and I'm wondering as well if there will be pirate sets in the shops around Januari.

I'm waining for the Lego book where I can see if they'll be avaible next year.

I'm sure they will be released here once but I'm not sure if they are here in January. I agree with Zorro3999 and wait with patience... :pir-sad2:

Edited by Cap'n Blackmoor