Bricksbypidy

[TC] Kraken Attackin', New Haven Sea

It's a short trip from Myzectlan (Cascadia) to Jamestown (Celestia); from The eastern Prio Sea to The western New Haven Sea. Normally this is a quiet trade route for the Myzec; a calm sea with few dangers. Until 18.02.624...

A group of Myzec, traveling with merchandise, were startled along the way. The normally calm sea suddenly became turbulent. A large amount of foaming, splashing water became visible around the ship. The crew of the traditional vessel look at each other in horror. What was going on here?!

The boat was not far from the shore. The Myzec tried with all its might to change course towards land. There was no intention to wait for the impending, ominous danger.
But alas... to no avail. At the speed of light, a number of dark red tentacles emerged from the clear blue water. And with unprecedented force the boat, including crew, was surrounded by this red force! The monster embraced the sailboat as if it were his beloved and pulled it all into the depths of the sea. As quickly as all this came about, everything became calm again... The sun shone peacefully on the New Haven Sea.

BoBS - Kraken AttackBoBS - Kraken Attack

A number of remarkable events have already taken place in recent days. This event was also recorded in this illustrious, apocalyptic list... What's going on?!

That's a fun one! Well, maybe not so much fun for the poor sailors :devil: Nice trimaran! Is that a custom sail piece?

You sure crank these out at a fast pace, yet retaining excellent quality!

The catamaran looks great. Is there a reason you did the second boat of the middle piece like that and not with its nose outward? Visually, I think it would've made more sense to do it the other way around, so that it looks less like two boats hooked together in a row.

Great scene overall, with great action. I'm envious how you can create so much motion and life in Stud.io. I can hardly manage to pose a figure in there :laugh:.

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Is that a custom sail piece?

Yes. I got it a while ago from @Marooned Marin!

4 hours ago, Khorne said:

Visually, I think it would've made more sense to do it the other way around, so that it looks less like two boats hooked together in a row.

Good point! You’re right. Keep that it mind! 

The octopus' arms that protrude from the bubbling water are well built. Appropriately, the Myzectlan were positioned correctly to depict a threatening scene.

Ah, a good ol' sea monster! Well done! :pir-huzzah2: Love the tentacles!

Where does the tentacle piece that is actually grabbing the one sailor come from?

Great idea and nice minifig posing! Rumore about the Kraken would definitely fit these weird times! The native trying to defend with a fork, the one trying to escape and the one dragged away are all well thought and well positioned, something not easy in digital builds. Only the sail looks to me a little bit off, but I don’t think a tiled plate would had fitted better.

It occurs to me that a better name for this thread would have been Kraken Attackin'  :pir-grin:

A really dynamic build, the tentacles are so good and you chose a great color for them!  Nice work on the catamaran too.

21 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

tag-frontpaged-2019.png

(I thought I had frontpaged this earlier ... :pir_wacko:)

What I meant to say: Congratulations! :pir-huzzah2:

Woohoo! Thanks! 

Beautiful MOC as usual :) Gotta feel sorry for the crew though :( But at least Kraken got something to eat that day :)