It started as a beautiful sunny day. Sir Peter Nash, Earl of Swanley, enjoyed his usual morning ritual: 9am = tea time. Peter was sitting at his 'own' table in the Tipsy Mermaid Pub in Wullham, Panarium. A small ray of sunshine fell through the window onto his face. "Hmm.. wonderful.., what a wonderful world."

Unfortunately, this moment of enjoyment was short-lived. A thick, black cloud passed over the sun. Peter looked through the window and looked doubtful. "Hmm.. this looked strange."

Sean McCasey sat at the bar and looked at Peter's troubled face. “Hi, are you okay?” he asked. "I don't know..., I'm seeing strange weather patterns," Peter replied. Sean came to stand next to Peter and also looked outside. “You're right, I haven't seen this before,” Sean said.

Thick, black, curly clouds with menacing heads filled the sky. In the distance it started to thunder. Not just a little bit, but so intense that no one in Wullham had seen this before.

“Come on, Peter!”, Sean said. "To the TIC!"* (*Tornado Intercept Carriage).
Peter and Sean ran to the carriage, which was equipped with a full range of weather instruments. Sean urged the horses on and they rode at high speed through the open countryside. The wind blew harder and harder...

After a while, Sean stopped the carriage. “Get on the roof!”, Sean shouted. Peter took his dowsing rods and climbed onto the roof of the coach. He had to make an effort to hold his own. The weather conditions deteriorated every minute.

BoBS - A Storm BrewingBoBS - A Storm Brewing

"And... what are the results??", Sean shouted over the sound of the storm. "Well, we've never had these wind speeds here before! Something big is going to happen!! We have to get out of here! Hurry!", Peter shouted back.

There was no response. Peter looked around, but it was dark. He couldn't see anything in front of his eyes. Where was Sean? “Sean!!,” he shouted. But there was no response... "Sean..., no!!"

I was desperately searching for a Twister reference I could use as a response or comment, but couldn't think of any really good ones besides:

"cow"

"another cow"

"Actually I think that was the same one!"

If this already isn't in a sequel scene, it should be! That, or:

Sean! Sean! It's heading RIGHT FOR US!

Great MOC by the way!

Edited by Murdoch17

My first idea was to create a tornado too. With ‘flying’ cows.. but I had to reduce my ideas to become within the maximum of 32x32 studs. 

The coach looks wonderful! I love that apparatus on the roof that is used to measure the winds. But man, those poor tiny ponies :wink: have to pull the big coach!

A great build. Lovely references. But I lost the plot towards the end. Who stayed with the carriage, and who disappeared?

A horse-drawn carriage with weather instruments is a creative idea. Sir Peter Nash, Earl of Swanley, has interesting leisure pursuits. The hairstyle looks funny when the hat flies away. I look forward to the continuation of the story in Category B.

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

A great build. Lovely references. But I lost the plot towards the end. Who stayed with the carriage, and who disappeared?

Ah. Sorry. Sean disappeared. Peter stood on the roof of the carriage. 

1 hour ago, NOD said:

I look forward to the continuation of the story in Category B.

I’m busy with another Cat A build. If it doesn’t count as an entry, it’s just for fun. 

Fun Twister spoof! I love the windblown effects with the hair, hat, and windsock. :pir-huzzah2:

Nice build and super creative idea! The reference was great, as well as some creative details you included! I particularly like the flying hat and the use of Captain Salazar’s hairpiece to show the strong wind!

I love this carriage, though it looks like maybe it should have an extra pair of horses!  Great job conveying a windy feel with that hat blowing off his head too.