Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

He doesn't mean "after" in respect to release date. He means TDK is the only Batman film better than it.

Oh, that makes more sense, thanks. I still disagree, but I get where they're coming from.

Val Kilmer clears, tho.

5 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If rumors are true we could get Hush in The Batman 2 so a new villain made in Lego (who knew Lego could have it in them to do someone other than Joker)

76328 is DC related, Brickmerge says.

Let's go, the worst Batman villain!!!!!!

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

If you want to be true to the comics then he should be smoking a pipe and hanging out with Commissioner Gordon.

I enjoyed The Batman, but ngl, this would've gone extremely raw

I'm a bit confused, so the initial info was that the $200 set was a UCS Batpod, but now Falconfan is confirming it isn't a Batpod?  

Does this mean there's a system scale Batpod coming, or is that rumor just entirely false, since the three smaller set numbers appear to be accounted for?

2 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

I'm a bit confused, so the initial info was that the $200 set was a UCS Batpod, but now Falconfan is confirming it isn't a Batpod?  

Does this mean there's a system scale Batpod coming, or is that rumor just entirely false, since the three smaller set numbers appear to be accounted for?

There was no indication of the UCS set being a Batpod, We're just getting a crappy Batpod with a buildable figure.

I just hope it's a The Batman 2022 Batmobile D2C (Love the muscle car look)

How reliable is Brickmerge anyway ? I think it's reliable but I just want to be sure since they list that set as DC and Brickset said Marvel

31 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

There was no indication of the UCS set being a Batpod, We're just getting a crappy Batpod with a buildable figure.

I just hope it's a The Batman 2022 Batmobile D2C (Love the muscle car look)

How reliable is Brickmerge anyway ? I think it's reliable but I just want to be sure since they list that set as DC and Brickset said Marvel

stone wars had it as Superheros. 

if dc  it could also be  a D2C BAS Batmobile   that would be perfect! 

9 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

If rumors are true we could get Hush in The Batman 2 so a new villain made in Lego

I feel like Hush is unlikely, considering how The Batman’s Riddler was something of a combination of comics Riddler and Hush. 

8 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The playboy part is an act. He wasn't one to begin with, he went from mourning youth to crime fighter in training to Batman. Only in one very recent comic does he learn the ways of playboy billionaire, and that was fleeting; he had to develop it as he went along. If you want to be true to the comics then he should be smoking a pipe and hanging out with Commissioner Gordon.

He's Year 2 he should already have it. 

34 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel like Hush is unlikely, considering how The Batman’s Riddler was something of a combination of comics Riddler and Hush. 

Yeah- I haven't heard any actual reliable rumors as to the main villain of the second film- mostly just characters people want or ones Matt Reeves has said would be cool.

4 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Let's go, the worst Batman villain!!!!!!

DC film executives?

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yeah- I haven't heard any actual reliable rumors as to the main villain of the second film- mostly just characters people want or ones Matt Reeves has said would be cool.

The only reliable rumour is that Clayface reportedly has a role in the movie, according to Deadline.

Now, the question is whether it's the first appearance regular human Clayface, or the cool one that's actually made out of clay.

7 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

One of the most reliable sources out there. No idea why Brickset has it as a Marvel set, because nobody else is classifying it as such at the moment :laugh:

57 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The only reliable rumour is that Clayface reportedly has a role in the movie, according to Deadline.

Now, the question is whether it's the first appearance regular human Clayface, or the cool one that's actually made out of clay.

Hush and Clayface would both be fantastic choices for the Batman 2 if those rumors are true. I'm all for some left-field choices for villains and ones we haven't already seen a hundred times. Plus, the minifig and set potential would be greater in my opinion. Maybe we could finally get a Clayface minifig similar to the games using that slime head piece from Vidyo.

Edited by ToaDraco

1 hour ago, ToaDraco said:

Hush and Clayface would both be fantastic choices for the Batman 2 if those rumors are true. I'm all for some left-field choices for villains and ones we haven't already seen a hundred times. Plus, the minifig and set potential would be greater in my opinion. Maybe we could finally get a Clayface minifig similar to the games using that slime head piece from Vidyo.

Hush would be a weak choice imo. Too similar to how they've handled the Riddler in the first movie — yet another masked, mysterious serial killer.

I want Clayface made out of clay. I don't want every The Batman villain to be a regular human murderer exacting revenge.

8 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

He's Year 2 he should already have it. 

By what metric? If it's just yours then that's an unrealistic and unreasonable assumption. Some iterations have him coming back and not letting anyone know, just building up the Batman myth before revealing Bruce's prodigal son routine some time later. There isn't one defined Batman origins mythos.

Oy vey, so much hype for the set prices just for the set list to be so mediocre. I'll say I adore the current buildable Batman figure on shelves and I plan to bag it but if the leaked images of the buildable Batman and Batpod can match or supersede this current design, I may just hold out on that purchase. That said these set builds are so repetitive with the constant Bat vehicles and good lord they won't be generous with figures. I would be a bit more excited if they include 5-7 figures instead of 2-3. I am skeptical that Freeze or Harley will be spectacular enough variants to sway me but we'll see.

How likely is it that the 200$ set could be Arkham ? I mean surely they couldn't make a fairly big Arkham with that price ?

I'm very sad no BTAS Two-Face :(

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

How likely is it that the 200$ set could be Arkham ? I mean surely they couldn't make a fairly big Arkham with that price ?

I'm very sad no BTAS Two-Face :(

Until we get something stronger to go on than “this set exists and might be DC” it could potentially be anything.

Edited by psqidexslizer

Get ready for people to throw around ideas like Aslume, Daily Planet, Hall of Justice etc. only for it to end up being a 200€ Man vs. Jonkler bust. :jollyroger:

Like, seriously. Expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed. That's how this theme works right now.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

By what metric? If it's just yours then that's an unrealistic and unreasonable assumption. Some iterations have him coming back and not letting anyone know, just building up the Batman myth before revealing Bruce's prodigal son routine some time later. There isn't one defined Batman origins mythos.

let's just let his parents live while we're at it! and just get rid of alfred too! no batmobile either!

4 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

let's just let his parents live while we're at it! and just get rid of alfred too! no batmobile either!

Speaking of Alfred, the way PattinBat treated SerkiAlf is utterly disgusting. Alfred saved the young fool's butt, and what are the latter's first words spoken to his saviour? "You were lying to me this whole time!" or whatever. :ugh:

TLBM (which is a masterpiece) had Batman being rude with Alfred too, but:

1) It was played for laughs

2) Batman was a comically selfish cool dude

2) Batman redeemed in the end

PattinBat is simply an arrogant and ungrateful fool who trusts criminals and trashes his adopted father with no reason 

4 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

Speaking of Alfred, the way PattinBat treated SerkiAlf is utterly disgusting. Alfred saved the young fool's butt, and what are the latter's first words spoken to his saviour? "You were lying to me this whole time!" or whatever. :ugh:

TLBM (which is a masterpiece) had Batman being rude with Alfred too, but:

1) It was played for laughs

2) Batman was a comically selfish cool dude

2) Batman redeemed in the end

PattinBat is simply an arrogant and ungrateful fool who trusts criminals and trashes his adopted father with no reason 

and then that stupid twist about his dad is revealed to be not true a scene after, and he just yelled at Alfred who nearly DIED 🤣

14 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

You know Alfred has been dead for nearly five years now, in an act orchestrated by Thomas Wayne. And just wait until you find out that the car wasn't called the Batmobile until two years into the series, and was red until that same year.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

You know Alfred has been dead for nearly five years now, in an act orchestrated by Thomas Wayne. And just wait until you find out that the car wasn't called the Batmobile until two years into the series, and was red until that same year.

A lot of things happen in the comics, he used to use guns at the beginning lol. But that's not how Batman is portrayed. In almost every adaptation he is a playboy to cover up and to have an alibi. 

2 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

A lot of things happen in the comics, he used to use guns at the beginning lol. But that's not how Batman is portrayed. In almost every adaptation he is a playboy to cover up and to have an alibi. 

There it is, almost. That's not how he is portrayed currently. There's nothing to suggest that won't change. You can't expect one film to be a serious depiction and portray all of the aspects of his character. A director's vision is no different from a comic writer's, the only difference is the medium they use. You laugh like snooty fanboys at the depiction on screen but casually ignore how many versions of him have been ridiculous on the page. The Omniverse is canon, and therefore every version of the character is too. It's like you didn't get TLBM.

3 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

There it is, almost. That's not how he is portrayed currently. There's nothing to suggest that won't change. You can't expect one film to be a serious depiction and portray all of the aspects of his character. A director's vision is no different from a comic writer's, the only difference is the medium they use. You laugh like snooty fanboys at the depiction on screen but casually ignore how many versions of him have been ridiculous on the page. The Omniverse is canon, and therefore every version of the character is too. It's like you didn't get TLBM.

There are certain things about characters that stay consistent. Spiderman is a journalist, has his uncle die, gets his powers from a spider bite etc. Same for Batman, even TLBM he is a playboy like come on. If it was a year 1 film sure I would understand where you're coming from but he is multiple years into being Batman. Batman Begins ( a much better film) did this portrayal of Bruce being a playboy really well.

10 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

also I think we should go back to talking about lego haha, we're muddying up this discussion even though there isnt much DC Lego to discuss :((

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Get ready for people to throw around ideas like Aslume, Daily Planet, Hall of Justice etc. only for it to end up being a 200€ Man vs. Jonkler bust. :jollyroger:

Like, seriously. Expect the worst, and you won't be disappointed. That's how this theme works right now.

The Tower of Fate: “My prices have doubled since last we met.”

I have no idea what this would realistically be, if it is DC. Hopefully it will surprise us (in a good way). 

1 minute ago, Rwbricks said:

The Tower of Fate: “My prices have doubled since last we met.”

I have no idea what this would realistically be, if it is DC. Hopefully it will surprise us (in a good way). 

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the tower of fate lol. Did that turn out to be a fake leak or what? What set actually ended up coming out?