Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

48 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • 76270: Bat-Mech
  • 76272: 4+ Batcave with Batman, Batgirl, and The Jonkler
  • 76273: Batpod with buildable figure
  • 76274: BTAS Batmobile with Batsy, Mr Freeze, & Harley

(credit: @Brick Clicker)

Better than three Batman vs Jonkler sets, but not by that much :hmpf_bad: So the only new figure the $300 set brings to the table is Catwoman?! Lame.

Honestly I much prefer not having characters locked behind an exclusive set. It's disappointing how few we're getting, but if Freeze and Harley were exclusive to the $300 set, and they just put, like, jonkler in the batmobile, wouldn't that be significantly worse?

But overall, yeah. These were my lowest expectations for the theme in a long time and they somehow still managed not to meet them. I guess Batgirl is something, but part of me thinks the figs in that set will be older versions- I can't see a 4+ BTAS set.

Specific thoughts:

Bat-mech. Fine. Do it. It was an inevitability, I feel like an idiot for not realizing this is what the $15 set would be. Ironically, it will 100% do well, because unless you're able to snatch the polybag, the next cheapest set with batman is $35 for last year's batwing, somehow.

4+: The 4+ was always a write-off, since it's not for us, but if there's BTAS figures in it, it might somehow be the best of the wave.

Buildible batpod with buildible figure- what f***ing demographic is this for? What's the overlap between fans of the mature, decade-old Nolan movies and the buildable figures? Why isn't this just a UCS Batpod that can fit last year's batman?

$60 batmobile- "They can't keep getting away with this! They can't keep getting away with it!". The batmobile is now $60. For a SYSTEM BATMOBILE. It was $30 just 2-3 years ago. I get inflation's bad, but it's not even within orders of magnitude of 100% over two years, that's some 1930s germany/recent venezuela stuff right there. It is nice that Harley and Freeze aren't locked behind a $300 set, but it's not nice enough to justify a $60 batmobile with only 3 figs. A batmobile that's LESS PIECES than the $48 one we just got last year. This is insanity.

The $48 batmobile isn't selling at any of the stores near me, assumably because people don't want to pay almost $50 for a batmobile. I honestly think it'll see an uptick in sales next year once people see a batmobile $12 more expensive with a single additional figure and near-identical piece count right next to it.

19 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I’m curious what that mystery D2C set is now that the Batpod turned out to be a system set. Probably something for Marvel. But I can still hope for another Arkham Asylum.

Most likely- I think a D2C arkham would have to be a higher piece count than that.

That set list is depressing, surely for 60 Euro it isn't just the Batmobile, We should have known they couldn't control themselves to not make a mech and that Batpod could have came with Two Face, Bane or Catwoman but noooo, buildable figure is what we get with maybe a reuse of the Batman from the UCS Tumbler 

2 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

That set list is depressing, surely for 60 Euro it isn't just the Batmobile, We should have known they couldn't control themselves to not make a mech and that Batpod could have came with Two Face, Bane or Catwoman but noooo, buildable figure is what we get with maybe a reuse of the Batman from the UCS Tumbler 

Unless the batmobile is heavily, HEAVILY downsized from it's most recent versions, it is just gonna be the batmobile- the set's actually a few pieces LESS than the most recent system batmobile.

And unfortunately, we almost certainly won't have a minifigure in the batpod set since it's got a buildible figure.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

There are more villains than Joker (my favourite villain) and Harley, there's Bane,Scarecrow,Deathstroke,Black Mask,Killer Croc,Hush,Two Face it just sickens me.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Unless the batmobile is heavily, HEAVILY downsized from it's most recent versions, it is just gonna be the batmobile- the set's actually a few pieces LESS than the most recent system batmobile.

And unfortunately, we almost certainly won't have a minifigure in the batpod set since it's got a buildible figure.

Falconfan on Instagram said a Batman Minifigure will be included and if so they might put OG Green Goblin in the Buildable Figure of himself in April.

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

10 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Falconfan on Instagram said a Batman Minifigure will be included and if so they might put OG Green Goblin in the Buildable Figure of himself in April.

I initially thought he said this too but pretty sure he just means the included ‘figure’ is the buildable Batman itself.

I would honestly love to see the sales figures for the buildable figures Lego have been pushing out, are they really that popular? I can’t imagine in what universe a buildable figure version of a vehicle would be appealing than a minifigure-scaled one. A $15 Batpod set would’ve been perfect.

Also disappointed with the villain lineup in these sets, certainly could be much worse but these feel so minimal.

Edited by Kaijumeister

9 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

I initially thought he said this too but pretty sure he just means the included ‘figure’ is the buildable Batman itself.

I would honestly love to see the sales figures for the buildable figures Lego have been pushing out, are they really that popular? I can’t imagine in what universe a buildable figure version of a vehicle would be appealing than a minifigure-scaled one. A $15 Batpod set would’ve been perfect.

Also disappointed with the villain lineup in these sets, certainly could be much worse but these feel so minimal.

Well it was nice knowing Lego Batman 2006-2024

41 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Buildible batpod with buildible figure- what f***ing demographic is this for? What's the overlap between fans of the mature, decade-old Nolan movies and the buildable figures? Why isn't this just a UCS Batpod that can fit last year's batman?

Next year we are going to get a 4+ Tumbler with TDK Batman and Joker (Joker comes with a pencil and a pool cue).

Current thoughts:

• Bat-Mech: Pass, assuming the minifigure isn't anything special
  • 4+ Batcave: At most, I'd be interested in the minifigures, assuming they are BTAS versions
  • Bat-Pod: Pass
  • Batmobile: I'll probably pick it up at some point, but I'll be waiting for a sale.

I won't entirely rule out the mystery D2C being something like Arkham, considering the piece count isn't that far off from the 2013 and 2017 Arkham sets, but otherwise, this wave isn't as interesting as I was hoping it to be.  Plus I'm annoyed at the lack of the Phantasm, the minifigure from the original Skyline set leak that I had been most excited for.

45 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I guess Batgirl is something, but part of me thinks the figs in that set will be older versions- I can't see a 4+ BTAS set.

Batgirl is a comic version that we have gotten before.

Just now, glucklegobatman said:

Nooo, not the Rebirth version! Hell, even the Burnside version would've been better than this.

I just thought of something, with mentioning of The New Batman Adventures...
Doesn't that show feature a different Batmobile than the one in B:TAS? Hopefully the design will be based on the latter, not the former :sceptic:
Actually, I'm not thrilled by any of the art/designs used in TNBA compared to that from B:TAS.

Regards,
Mitch

It’s a sad indictment of this line that I looked at all of this and thought “hey, at least we’re getting a Mr Freeze! That could be good!”. Grasping at straws here, but I’ll buy it.

What a shame that the BTAS Batmobile is $60. It seems like such a big jump. On the other hand, I hope there's a load of stuff in there that justifies the price and delights us all. With the prices, it's probably the only one that interests me, sadly.

At least it doesn't have the Joker in it.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

Next year we are going to get a 4+ Tumbler with TDK Batman and Joker (Joker comes with a pencil and a pool cue).

Release the (duplo sets for the) snyder cut!

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Unless there's another post where he explicitly says minifigure, I'm pretty confident "Bat-Pod with figure" means it'll have a buildable figure to ride the bat-pod.

49 minutes ago, glucklegobatman said:

Another complete loss, then (Which again is most excusable with this set since it's for younger kids), unless the Jonkler is BTAS Jonkler, in which case there's at least something for older fans.

11 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

What a shame that the BTAS Batmobile is $60. It seems like such a big jump. On the other hand, I hope there's a load of stuff in there that justifies the price and delights us all. With the prices, it's probably the only one that interests me, sadly.

At least it doesn't have the Joker in it.

Note that it's a couple less parts than the Keaton Batmobile from last year. I'm pretty confident it'll be that size and general shape, unfortunately.

So the Rebirth Batgirl figure is confirmed then? :sceptic: Not that the figure is that bad (I quite like the torso) and she could be improved with some dual molded legs, but it is based on probably Barbara's worst costume ever. (And probably the worst Batgirl costume full stop, except for maybe the Bette Kane version.) 

The Joker in the set is probably from the 4+ Batmobile at least, and I do like that figure. I didn't want to buy that set, so if there are some nice bits in the 4+ Batcave that one is still on my radar.

Not too upset about classic versions of Harley and Mr. Freeze coming in the same set. And a BTAS Batmobile was a given. The price is disappointing. I would have also liked at the very least Two-Face, but was also hoping for Robin, Poison Ivy, and Phantasm. Ah well. 

Honestly I might be most excited for the Bat-Mech. Those small sets are fun sometimes, though I don't expect Batman's to be as good as War Machine or Boba Fett's. (I also wonder if this explains why Marvel only got two this wave? And with Batman that probably means all three super hero mechs this year will be black/very dark gray....) I don't expect this set to have a Batman figure based on BTAS/Batman Returns, but I just hope that it isn't the 4+ black suit....

edit: as I think about it, the $15 Marvel mechs the last couple of years do usually have exclusive figures. And when this year's Venom mech didn't, they threw in a bonus figure. So probably the Batman is an exclusive variant or there is a 4+ Joker for him to brutalize with it. :P But I'm guessing its a new Batman since the Batcave and Batmobile both have their figures listed already.

I guess I should just be happy that this sounds a little better than last year, if only because we get Harley and Mr. Freeze AND a cheap mech set. So cool. :P

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

1 hour ago, Max_Lego said:

Nooo, not the Rebirth version! Hell, even the Burnside version would've been better than this.

Didn’t we already get the Rebirth version back in that weird Bat-Truck with Bronze Tiger, Mr Freeze, and Manbat?

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

Didn’t we already get the Rebirth version back in that weird Bat-Truck with Bronze Tiger, Mr Freeze, and Manbat?

They said the Batgirl minifigure included in the set is an already existing one. The Rebirth version is the most recent, so I guess it's the case. I genuinely hope rumours are wrong, though; I would be happy if the minifigure will be brand new, and, if I dare, based on TNBA. But dreams aren't supposed to come true...

1 minute ago, Max_Lego said:

They said the Batgirl minifigure included in the set is an already existing one. The Rebirth version is the most recent, so I guess it's the case. I genuinely hope rumours are wrong, though; I would be happy if the minifigure will be brand new, and, if I dare, based on TNBA. But dreams aren't supposed to come true...

Oh, I misread that as one we haven’t gotten before. Welp.

3 hours ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

I am glad that DC is getting mechs too though, hopefully (sooner than later) we start getting some cool figures with those. 

I agree with this. Unless we only get a grand total of three mechs, hopefully we’ll get more than just Batman, Joker, and Harley. 

For the rest of the sets, I am disappointed that the only regular, system set we’re getting is the Batmobile, and for such a large price hike, too. The buildable figures must be selling well, otherwise why would they keep making them? The Batcave will hopefully include a few cool elements, and the good thing about it being 4+ is that the pieces should be printed. 

I’m still cautiously optimistic about the quality of the minifigures. Hopefully those are done well. 

Well... at least it's not three Mobiles with Man and Jonkler... :jollyroger:

I guess all sets are dependent on which versions of minifigures are included. The mech was expected, but it could be nice if they include a desirable Batman variant.

Same goes for the Batcave — if we get new variants for those characters (particularly BTAS ones), it could be a great set.

The Batpod with a buildable Batman... uhh, okay? I don't really care.

The Batmobile sounds like easily the best set. It's based on BTAS, so minifigures will definitely be great — unless they use the BTAS Batmobile with random variants of characters, which would be outrageous. It's severly overpriced tho...

Are we sure that the Batcave Batgirl is her Rebirth suit? The BtAS suit is pretty similar to her Rebirth design (dark grey with yellow accents, blue cape), so maybe whoever saw the sets got them confused (or LEGO used the Rebirth ‘fig as a prelim)? 🤔

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I kinda hope not. While I was fine with getting only one copy of the Go Brick Me set, my completionist heart would not be content with having only one of 8 Batman variants on display :laugh_hard:

lol, like wise,  all 8 are required! 

31 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

How do they make Batman seem so boring? 

I honestly don't have an answer. Even with deciding only lego batman will sell, there's still so much they could do with the theme. I am at the point where a system batcave or batboat would legitimately be new and interesting for me. Hell, it's been 7 years since our last Arkham.

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Well... at least it's not three Mobiles with Man and Jonkler... :jollyroger:

While this wave is slightly better for collectors (harley and freeze) I'd argue it's actually significantly worse for the average kid, since the batmobile continues to reach more and more absurd prices.  On the bright side, once the new one releases, either it or the 2023 manmobile will hit some pretty nice sales- those sets are going to cannibalize almost all of eachother's sales.

43 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The Batpod with a buildable Batman... uhh, okay? I don't really care.

"Why. But I ask again, Why."
Seriously, who is this for? I really don't think there's an overlap at all between Nolan Trilogy fans and the buildable figures aimed entirely at children. This would be like a 4+ set based on the warehouse fight (Ok, maybe a little less weird than that, but still- at least adults would buy the 4+ warehouse fight for the figs)

Wow...

It's just devolved into self-parody at this point. Not only is it the same Bat-vehicles and the same handful of characters over and over again, they threw in a mech, a buildable figure and bike literally no one asked for(sereiously want to see the demographic breakdown for this set becaus it makes absolutely no sense), and still somehow managed to make another over-priced Batmobile even MORE overpriced than the last several Batmobiles. 

Is this a cry for help or are they actively trying to kill off what's left if this theme? At this point, just relinquish the rights and let someone else actually do something with the brand. Just let Mega Construx have it, they would at least treat the brand with more respect than this, even if their brick quality sucks.

Edited by ToaDraco