Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

It looks good, but part of me thinks that the second iteration of Hanwasyellowfirst's Ideas set was better? Might be the lighting, but the roof looks too shiny almost? Love the trees though, and rather pleased that the witch and Prince are included. I think that will expand the appeal somewhat and was a sensible move.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Pics are out, and the prince and Witch are included!

Honestly though, I feel like the set is over-designed. Yeah it looks good, and it's awesome to have so many minifigures, but the location just isn't iconic enough for a set of this size, piece count and price, in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to new neck-beards and hats on PaBĀ :pir-triumph:

Where???

OK, just saw it on Reddit, finally!

Looks good. I'm excited to see the inside of the cottage.

Also looks like they reused Snow White and the Prince.

Edited by hikouki

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Pics are out, and the prince and Witch are included!

Honestly though, I feel like the set is over-designed. Yeah it looks good, and it's awesome to have so many minifigures, but the location just isn't iconic enough for a set of this size, piece count and price, in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to new neck-beards and hats on PaBĀ :pir-triumph:

Given itā€™s the main location of the film, Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty iconic. Can see this one being very popular with Disney fans/fans of the movie.

6 minutes ago, hikouki said:

Where???

IG under #legoleaks

10 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

It looks good, but part of me thinks that the second iteration of Hanwasyellowfirst's Ideas set was better? Might be the lighting, but the roof looks too shiny almost? Love the trees though, and rather pleased that the witch and Prince are included. I think that will expand the appeal somewhat and was a sensible move.

I think it's the lighting.Ā  Set looks great though and I think a lot of people will be getting this set.Ā  I may even pick one up.Ā  Of Course after I get some other ones first like the MTS, Rivendell and Barad Dur.Ā Ā 

4 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Given itā€™s the main location of the film, Iā€™d say itā€™s pretty iconic. Can see this one being very popular with Disney fans/fans of the movie.

Agree.

Now, they just have to make Sleeping Beauty's castle. That was a total missed opportunity for the Disney anniversary.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

Pics are out, and the prince andļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ Witch are included!

Ā 

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

Loveļ»æ the trees though, and rather pleased that theļ»æļ»æ ļ»æwitch and Prince are included.ļ»æļ»æ ļ»æ

Where do you see the witch ?

1 minute ago, Khargeust said:

Ā 

Where do you see the witch ?

She's included in the catalog pic that also features the Stitch set. She's mostly cut off but you can see a little of her standing in front of the wishing well.

2 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

She's included in the catalog pic that also features the Stitch set. She's mostly cut off but you can see a little of her standing in front of the wishing well.

Thank you. Nice inclusion !

This set is everything I could have hoped for and more. I love the addition of the trees and forest animals which are placed so organically as part of the cottage, really making it feel like it's straight out of a storybook.Ā This will go perfect next to Winnie the Pooh's house in the 100 Acre Wood.

I knew the wishing well was coming but I'm ecstatic to see the glass coffin as well. The wishing well should have had light pink or white flowers though since it's supposed to be covered with apple blossoms. The lavender colored flowers are a strange design choice.

The witch and prince are nice additions as well although not a must have for me since I already have those minifigs. In fact, I wish I hadn't BLed the Snow White and prince minifigs after all, both of whom I wish had been featured here in more movie accurate looks and colors.

I'm very excited to see the interior of the cottage. I hope they're able to include the staircase leading to all seven beds. Plus all the instruments the dwarfs use to play music, including Grumpy's piano. A kitchen with window for Snow White to bake her gooseberry pie with and the sink with the pump. I wonder if a wash basin, which the dwarfs use to wash up before supper, might be included as well as outside the cottage as a separate part.

Color-wise, Doc's hat should be more of a goldenĀ color than beige/brown. Same with Sneezy and Happy's hats although at least those are yellow gold.

6 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Thank you. Nice inclusion !

Also, looking more closely at the blurry box art, she's popping her head out from behind the cottage next to the wishing well. You can see her holding the red apple.

The only thing new in this set are the prints and the beard for the dwarves. Otherwise, the three other minifigs are repeats. That is either a good thing or a bad thing. Good because people don't have to buy the castle and the villains sets to get those three figs. Bad because these three are not exclusive here, and they could have just made Belle and Beast take Snow White and Florian's place in the castle. (Then again, there are rumors that B&B might one day get their own set.)

So far, I like this set because it feels 'complete'. The only pieces that may be missing are some more of the animal friends.

24 minutes ago, hikouki said:

The only thing new in this set are the prints and the beard for the dwarves. Otherwise, the three other minifigs are repeats. That is either a good thing or a bad thing. Good because people don't have to buy the castle and the villains sets to get those three figs. Bad because these three are not exclusive here, and they could have just made Belle and Beast take Snow White and Florian's place in the castle. (Then again, there are rumors that B&B might one day get their own set.)

So far, I like this set because it feels 'complete'. The only pieces that may be missing are some more of the animal friends.

I think for most people, including the witch and prince will be wins even for those of us who already have them.

For Belle, I'm still hoping she'll pop up in that Target contest winner set. Once they make a minifig of her once, it'll be more likely they can reuse that for a BATB set.

I see a bluebird, two white doves, a white rabbit, a gray squirrel, and a yellow butterfly. In the movie she has way more animal friends like deer, chipmunks, raccoons, quails, and a tortoise but the animals we've gotten are a pretty good number. If anyone has Bambi, he can be used for one of the deer. The tortoise would be the main addition I'd like to see.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Agree.

Now, they just have to make Sleeping Beauty's castle. That was a total missed opportunity for the Disney anniversary.

I don't see that happening as long as there's a castle set out on shelves right now. The original Disney castle was available for 7 years I think. I know I would have definitely purchased another castle set if it was the Sleeping Beauty castle whether it was the original Disneyland castle or the Disneyland Paris one.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

I may need to order a few more Squirrels, Rabbits & Birds.Ā  Can't wait to see better pictures.Ā  Curious about those timber beam ends.Ā  Looks like it may be a new printed 1x1 tile.

Edited by karrit

11 hours ago, Jarreth2 said:

Iā€™m not sure they would include it, primarily as you say the subject of death, even though Snow White wasnā€™t actually dead. It also wasnā€™t part of the ā€˜sceneā€™ .. the dwarfs placed the coffin in a woodland clearing. I think too that getting the minifigure to ā€˜lie downā€™ properly with the skirt piece on might be tricky. Saying that .. I have a piece, I think itā€™s from a Bionicle container, that is an elongated clear dome, my intention was to use it for a Snow White coffin, before we even had Snow White from the castle,Ā 

Well, it is included!Ā 

I love the set. This is going to be the most expensive Lego set I've ever bought, but I think it's worth it. I don't have the castle or the villains sets, so I'm happy to get the prince and the witch too.Ā 

Iā€˜m really impressed with this! :wub:Ā Glad they corrected the roof colour and decided to add some woodland creatures, the coffin,Ā plus Prince Florian and the witch! This really is one complete package :laugh:

The differences to the prelim are quite striking, I wonder if some of the other survey leak sets will have similar deviationsā€¦

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The differences to the prelim are quite striking, I wonder if some of the other survey leak sets will have similar deviationsā€¦

Isn't the Maleficent set being reported with a much smaller piece count according to several leakers?

5 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Isn't the Maleficent set being reported with a much smaller piece count according to several leakers?

It is! Honestly, Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s the same set. Maybe there are two Maleficent dragons, like there are two Simbas? :laugh:

19 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It is! Honestly, Iā€™m not even sure if itā€™s the same set. Maybe there are two Maleficent dragons, like there are two Simbas? :laugh:

That makes sense. The two Simbas confused me as well. This year is the anniversary for The Lion King and Sleeping Beauty so that might explain the extra focus on both films getting multiple sets each.

I stand corrected the glass coffin IS included. šŸ˜

Great to see that there are 10 minifigures. Dopeyā€™s grinning face doesnā€™t look as bad here somehow although I still wish theyā€™d given him his blue trousers and a green cape / tails piece .. but oh well, he has ears which my main ask so I should stop whinging ha ha.

Iā€™ve been having a zoom in on the pics, the trees are nice, the woodland critters are a nice touch too although a small fawn / deer would have been nice .. perhaps too much like Bambi to include though. One nice touch is the yellow butterfly, in the movie as Snow White first sees the cottage there are 2 flying past.Ā 

Also zooming in on the bottom window on the left of the pic .( just looked again and itā€™s all the windows really ). it seems as though there is a lot of light coming in from the ā€˜backā€™ of the set .. which to me could suggest itā€™s open backed. If it were enclosed would the window be totally dark ? Hopefully Iā€™m wrong.

The thatch .. again just my opinion, but itā€™s s bit too over engineered for me, itā€™s too busy. All those spiky edges. Does anyone know if the thatch is a new colour ? Or what colour it is ?Ā Ā 

Iā€™m not keen on those ā€˜carvedā€™ end pieces on the beams, but easily changed. In the movie they seem Ā to be carved owl heads/faces.

Lastly ( I think ) is that the ā€˜light brickā€™ symbol / info on the bottom right of the box ?? Wonder if there are some light up bricks somewhere ? Fireplace maybe ?

Day one purchase for me.

Final point .. letā€™s spare a thought for hanwasyellowfirst .. hope heā€™s not having too crappy a day. This must smart just a little, to see an idea you worked so hard on to have it rejected twice and then this.Ā 

Edited by Jarreth2

Itā€™s really nice to have everything in that cottage you wish for - the old hag, the prince, the glass off in, the complete doecation of seven dwarves and Disneyā€™s very first princes! I have no problem that it doesnā€™t have a lot of aniamls. Ā I have some bunch of forest animals in storage. :)

This is a really great set, the only personĀ from the movie missing is the hunter who spares Snow White's life.

Shame it is so expensive!Ā I know it has many pieces but a much smaller cottage for 100-150$ā‚¬ would have been just a good. It even looks a bit too high compared with the source material,Ā but that can be modified.

Honestly, I have mixed feelings on this. The minifig lineup is perfect--zero complaints there!

I just feel like this could have been a slightly smaller set, which would have brought the cost down a bit--something more in line with #43217 The 'Up' House.

But given the fact that the set really needed at least 8 minifigures (Snow White + 7Ā dwarfs), maybe the higher price point was inevitable.Ā 

Not sure how I feel about this "early access" figure practice that LEGO seems to be doing lately. The Villains Icons Maleficent will likely be reused as well.

Though it does feel likely now that Rapunzel and Flynn will be getting a proper set in the future.

28 minutes ago, Alas_Earwax said:

Looks fantastic. What's the price again?

Ā£194.99 in the UK apparently.

I'm super surprisedĀ that Prince Florian was included in the set let alone the Witch. I think they could well have got away with just including Snow White and the Dwarves, so it's really interesting to see them throw in the other minifigures when they could have taken a 'you want the other minifigures, you buy the other sets approach'.

Ā