Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Usually some time in April, rarely in May! The earliest reveal date was in 2022 (April 8th) and the latest in 2018 (May 16th). The 2023 sets were revealed May 1st, the 2021 range April 15th, the 2020 sets April 28th, and the 2019 ones on April 25th.

Thank you for the quick and very detailed reply!

They really do need to make a proper mold/molded parts for the troll, as none of the existing pieces are accurate enough; and it would a huge disservice if thr 2001 fig ended up being more accurate than the new one

Wait, we will get a bigfig troll? Sorry but I just got home from two-week-long vacation and I could not have time to catch up reading….

Wait, we will get a bigfig troll? Sorry but I just got home from two-week-long vacation and I could not have time to catch up reading….

3 hours ago, Lion King said:

Yes, a Polish fan site released descriptions of the summer sets, and the Great Hall is specifically described as having a new troll in the bigfig style. It’s also described as being a new mold, so it will probably be much closer to a film accurate version than it is any of the current bigfig bodies. The real question is if we’ll get a custom head for those ears. 

That’s a good news - i was dreaded to see a troll out of bricks, following Fluffy, Balk, Argrog and dragons. I mean I get that troll is just more humanoid than those mentioned creatures but I LOVE collecting molded creatures. 

@Lion KingHere's the link to the Polish article: https://fanklockow.pl/2024/03/11/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-harry-potter/

I'm just going to throw my defence of Grawp in the ring. I thought he was nicely done, although I certainly preferred the moulded Basilisk from CoS to the brick built atrocity from 2018's GH. It's a bit of a mixed bag when which approach is more appealing. I assume budgetary constraints dictate those choices often as not. 

53 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

@Lion KingHere's the link to the Polish article: https://fanklockow.pl/2024/03/11/zapowiedzi-lego-2024-harry-potter/

I'm just going to throw my defence of Grawp in the ring. I thought he was nicely done, although I certainly preferred the moulded Basilisk from CoS to the brick built atrocity from 2018's GH. It's a bit of a mixed bag when which approach is more appealing. I assume budgetary constraints dictate those choices often as not. 

Grawp was definitely well done - but he works because A) he’s significantly bigger than most other creatures, and B) he’s not the fist buildable macrofigure that lego did - they’d done others like Gi-Ant Man and Ares in the Superhero themes before, so the designers weren’t working from scratch. On top of that, Grawp uses the bigfig hand molds in the same way many of the better large creatures have had custom head molds. 
But the troll isn’t nearly as large as Grawp, you just couldn’t get the expected level of detail on it with a brick built body, so I’m glad they’re molding it. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know, if the buckbeak set is a buildable figure? It says it comes with some terrain, so I am not sure.

What do you guys think? Any chanches we will see more printed medium legs? We got several medium legs for gryffendor robes but nothing for the other houses... or at least some torso prints with open robes instead of the allwayys closed ones?

Edited by Gorilla94

3 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Does anyone know, if the buckbeak set is a buildable figure? It says it comes with some terrain, so I am not sure.

What do you guys think? Any chanches we will see more printed medium legs? We got several medium legs for gryffendor robes but nothing for the other houses... or at least some torso prints with open robes instead of the allwayys closed ones?

All the infos we got so far it will be a buildable buckbeak, so I think it is pretty clear here ;). The terrain is very likely just some plates for it to stand on with some decoration, which could look really cool compared to just a figure standing somewhere.

Thank you! I already hoped for an Extension of Hagrid's hut^^'

Do we know, if the new Snow white dwarfs hat is compatible with Flittwick's/Dwalin's beard? I don't like bald minifigures with a Stud. Flittwick wore a similar hat in some Images, so I am thinking about updating him.

There is a Flitwick in the advent calendar, I hope he is the PS version, that would be only the 2nd time in the themes history we got that variant 

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

There is a Flitwick in the advent calendar, I hope he is the PS version, that would be only the 2nd time in the themes history we got that variant 

Theoretically, if they’re doing SS themed decorations to be compatible with the new Great Hall, the that Flitwick would be the obvious choice. There’s specifically a shot of him levitating ornaments onto a Christmas tree after all, and the version of him included in the very first Harry Potter advent calendar was from later movies despite that first one being otherwise SS themed, so it wouldn’t be a repeat. 

For that matter, if they’re doing another SS based advent calendar, I wonder if the Dumbledore and Harry we’re supposed to get won’t be based on their talk in front of the mirror of Erised. It happens during Christmas holidays and Harry’s outfit in that scene is technically something we haven’t had in minifig form yet (not sure about Dumbledore though, the lighting in that scene makes it hard to tell). 

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I wonder if there's any chance we can get The Grey Lady based on how she looks in SS as well.

I hope not, not for now at least, she's last on my list of ghosts I want. I hope they first complete the four houde ghosts with the Bloody Baron and the Fat Friar before we get any more variations of the ones we already have.

Posted (edited)

Crazy to think that technically, the official reveal could happen as early as next week :laugh_hard: After all the City animal leaks, I thought the troll couldn‘t be far behind, but nope…

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Crazy to think that technically, the official reveal could happen as early as next week :laugh_hard: After all the City animal leaks, I though the troll couldn‘t be far behind, but nope…

To be fair, licensed and unlicensed parts are somewhat different. And bigfigs tend to leak much less often than minifigs or new animals. 

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Crazy to think that technically, the official reveal could happen as early as next week :laugh_hard: After all the City animal leaks, I though the troll couldn‘t be far behind, but nope…

I completely forgot these are June sets and not August! So excited now, especially to see the Great Hall and Potions Classroom. Really hope they live up to the hype of being the definitive playscale Hogwarts builds.

On 4/2/2024 at 9:49 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Crazy to think that technically, the official reveal could happen as early as next week :laugh_hard: After all the City animal leaks, I thought the troll couldn‘t be far behind, but nope…

This is the most excited I’ve been since 2020. In recent years almost all of the Minifig scale sets have been easy to imagine remakes or easy to imagine castle blocks (even in 2021 we had the leaked early versions so we knew what to expect then). Meanwhile even after the descriptions and background instruction image, I can’t really picture what exactly the Great Hall or potions class will look like. I’m not certain what the small scale Durmstrang ship will look like either, mainly because I’m not too familiar with ships at whatever that price point would be excluding the carriage. 

Are these expected to be out on June first everywhere? I remember in the past we’ve had them in June some places and August in others. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MaxHeadroom said:

I’m not certain what the small scale Durmstrang ship will look like either, mainly because I’m not too familiar with ships at whatever that price point would be excluding the carriage.

The entire set is about 1.200 pieces and USD 140, right?

Here's the Destiny's Bounty from Ninjago at less than 700 pieces: 9446-1.jpg?201110210248

Plus, several of the older pirate ships like 7029 or 6243 look really cool and only have about 600 pieces. However, I'm not sure how comparable those are because 600 pieces in 2024 gets you a lot less of a footprint than 600 pieces in, say, 2007 or 2009.

Edited by brickbride

Posted (edited)

I wonder: Is Hagrids hut part of the new hogwarts system, too? I love that Lego did not use a single sticker in the boat house and owlery sets, but made all detailes brickbuild. I just wish they closed up the owlery, too. Hagrids hut on the other hand is closed up, but uses stickers... ^^´ So the pessimist in me is expecting the Great hall to be open and full of stickers....

I am glad I bricklinked the best version of each character until now. I don´t understand how Lego can seriously (re)release figures without leg printing (Sirius, Student uniforms, Filch...), if they are wearing a robe or coat, that clearly goes down to the feet.

Do you expect the robes to change? That detail bothers me with the figures we got to this point: Gryffindor allway uses the shield symbol divided into 4 parts. Hufflepuff, too. Ravenclaw always has the little raven symbol except for the cheap looking torso with a scarf from the Magical Trunk- Set... Slytherin changed at some point from the shield to a snake symbol. I really wish Lego goes back to the shield symbol. The student robe prints are clearly from the first cmf and Percy from the book. It would be a shame to have uniforms that don´t match in the end...

Edited by Gorilla94

On 4/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, Gorilla94 said:

Is Hagrids hut part of the new hogwarts system, too?

I imagine any of the March sets is part of the new system. And for the Great Hall I expect it to be open on the internal side, like the 2018 Great Hall... and for stickers, well, there are even in the Gringott's collectors set, so it's an educated guess to expect them even in the Great Hall.

12 minutes ago, BrickMatit said:

[…] and for stickers, well, there are even in the Gringott's collectors set, so it's an educated guess to expect them even in the Great Hall.

Indeed. And didn‘t the description outright say that the magical ceiling is done using stickers? :laugh_hard:

33 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. And didn‘t the description outright say that the magical ceiling is done using stickers? :laugh_hard:

Seriously?

Oh, boy... I'll wait for a 50% discount... then it will compensate the required custom prints.

38 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

And didn‘t the description outright say that the magical ceiling is done using stickers?

Yes, I didn't remember it :laugh:

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, Gorilla94 said:

I wonder: Is Hagrids hut part of the new hogwarts system, too? 

It has the same 34816 Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Bar Handle on End - Bar Flush with Edge and 60475 Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Open O Clip (Vertical Grip) - Hollow Stud arrangement the other new sets from the winter 2024 wave have (as opposed to the technik pins from the 2021+ modular system), so I'd say yes, not that it matters. It's an easy and cheap thing to swap out and isn't attached to the castle at any rate. Hagrid's hut uses the clips to attach Draco's tree stump and the very miniature pumpkin patch to the main build. 

Edited by krimimimi