Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/16/2024 at 11:29 AM, psqidexslizer said:

I agree 100%. I’d like comic based versions of all the Avengers we haven’t gotten yet. Black Widow. Vision. Scarlet Witch. Quicksilver. Dr. Strange. Antman. Wasp. And classic versions of Thor and Hawkeye would also be appreciated.

Villains would be great too. Ultron. Kang. Baron Zemo. Enchantress. The Leader. The Mandarin. Classic Loki. Etc.

And honestly that's still being modest! Classic variants feel necessary but there have been so many else world stories, alt universes and comic reboots that we have quite a few variants for quite a few characters to cover. I'm gonna be honest, I am really surprised we've never gotten a specially molded classic Thor Helmet, a comic accurate MK1 Iron Man, or a red (not orange) haired Black Widow. 

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, that‘s true! There‘s likely not a single new character in any of the summer sets, unless we count Surtur :laugh:

The lack of new MCU movies this year (D&W aside) is truly felt. The X-Mansion is promising though, and the Milano sounds like an excellent set!

Which is kind of frustrating for me. With few new movies coming out, it would have been a great opportunity to give us some comic content. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think Infinity War Legacy sets should focus on movies we haven't covered. Captain America: First Avenger, Thor the Dark World, or scenes/characters we have not yet covered. Black Widow in Iron Man 2 for example, would be fun to get. But a diorama of a scene that had no impact on the MCU at large, was basically a filler scene in its own movie, with no new figures such as the upcoming AoU set? That feels like such a waste of a slot. Not too mad at the Milano since it might to be a bigger scale, but the OG was fine imo and the Benatar did not do much with its price point due to the allotted build for the stand, it didn't feel like impressive. So while the Milano has hope, with the OG having 4 seats, I wonder if they'll pull off any noticeable improvements...

Which leads me to think maybe the release of the Milano is not necessarily to produce the set at a better scale, rather as a display set for those who missed out. I wouldn't enjoy that, seeing as it would feel to me like a robbery of a more exciting concept. Over at Star Wars, we've only gotten 1 SINGLE Queen Amidala figure EVER. We haven't had a Gungan Sub since 2011. We've not seen the Bounty Hunter chase from Episode 2 since literally 2002. And Slave Leia is likely never going to be produced again. There's this sense over at Star Wars that if you snooze, you lose. New content keeps coming and we understand that certain characters/sets may never be revisited, and the timeline for when they are can be dramatic to say the least. Maybe it doesn't have to be that drastic here at Marvel, but I can't help but feel like its too soon to be revisiting older material we already produced, in place of new content. This is, at the very least, how I feel. I wouldn't mind skipping legacy MCU sets for a year if it meant getting a comic Ant Man, Wasp, Vision, Scarlet Witch etc. Just me?

Side note: if Groot is brick built AND fits inside the Milano...... that would be so cool. 

2 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Didn't Eternals get 4 sets or am I misremembering?

You're correct - it got four. And, if you count polybags, lots of other Marvel movies also got four sets, including the first and second Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man 3, and Civil War. Same for Batman v Superman. 

With that D&D leaflet out (still looks a bit fake to me) will it bring us also superhero stuff? Nr 3 has a dragon that can be recolored as lockheed and also that energy blast is useful for maybe Gambit? Nr 6 has new wings that can be used for angel. 

8 hours ago, Borex said:

With that D&D leaflet out (still looks a bit fake to me) will it bring us also superhero stuff? Nr 3 has a dragon that can be recolored as lockheed and also that energy blast is useful for maybe Gambit? Nr 6 has new wings that can be used for angel. 

I agree the wings are perfect for Angel, they're perfect in general I must add. I didn't feel particular about the energy blasts, they don't seem any more accurate than the previously produced energy blast pieces. 

13 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

The only movies that got more than 3 sets on release were The Batman, Wakanda Forever, and The Avengers films. I wouldn’t count on Fantastic Four getting more than 3. 

And even then, The Batman's additional set was Technic, so it's not quite the same thing.

Otherwise, it's just Wakanda Forever and Eternals, and both set lines bombed HARD. Like, I was finding them in stores at 40% discounts hard. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to grab lego Shuri's Sunbird at Ollie's level hard.

13 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Didn't Eternals get 4 sets or am I misremembering? Then again Eternals sets BOMBED hard and warm the shelves to this day so LEGO probably wouldn't want to make 4 sets on a movie that's reintroducing a team that has had bad luck in film adaptations in the past. 

Still think it would be funny if they made 4 sets so they could promote them as the "FANTASTIC 4 Fantastic Four sets!" :tongue:

At least four off the top of my head- the small flying dude with evil superman #14, the bigger dude with not iron fist, the dorito ship, and Toa Tahu.

But if anything, that works against it. Wakanda forever sets bombed hard, even if the film itself did fine financially. Eternals bombed to a discount level I've never seen before.
So essentially unless lego expects this movie to do avengers-level numbers- and we all know it won't- we aren't seeing more than three sets.

9 hours ago, Borex said:

CMF molds are always kind of finicky as to whether or not they cross over into being new system molds, and licensed molds can also be finicky as to whether or not they can cross themes. The energy blasts likely aren't specific enough to be locked to DND, but I wouldn't be surprised if the dragon and wings were.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

So essentially unless lego expects this movie to do avengers-level numbers- and we all know it won't- we aren't seeing more than three sets.

Why should there even be more than three sets? Sure, it’s nice to have some supporting characters, but as long as we get the F4 themselves, Herbie, the villain, and a henchman or two, it’s all good, and we don’t need four sets to cover those characters :tongue:

Eternals introduced 10 heroes, so it made a bit more sense to have four sets. And that’s just the minifigs! We don’t even know yet what vehicles or locations will be featured in the film

Posted (edited)

What if we did get four Fantastic 4 sets, but each set was just a buildable figure of a different member? 😝

Edited by psqidexslizer

I'm going with 1-2 sets depending on whether they get next year's modular building or not.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wesker said:

I'm going with 1-2 sets depending on whether they get next year's modular building or not.

As much as I'd love a Baxter Building modular, I think it's gonna be a long time till we get one tbh. If I had to guess, if we ever get one, it would be MCU based rather than comic based similar to the Sanctum. If they sold a modular comic F4 Baxter Building next year, I think it would be a major shelf warmer unfortunately as a comic Baxter Building set based on Fantastic Four is really towards a more niche demographic, even if I would love a comic based Baxter Building.  

Speaking of which Honestly, I'd expect the next few Superhero modulars to be:

2025: DC| Daily Planet (comic based)

2026: Marvel| Oscorp Building (comic based)

2027: DC| Teen Titans Tower (comic based or 2003 series based) 

2028: Marvel| Avengers Mansion (comic based)

Before I sound like a hypocrite for thinking a comic Daily Planet set is more likely than a comic Baxter Building, Superman is one of the most famous superheroes EVER up there with Spidey and Batman. A Superman comic set would sell better than a Fantastic Four comic set.

And Teen Titans would make sense for 2027 as that could be a tie in for when the recently announced DCU movie comes out. Not to mention the 2003 Teen Titans show has a cult following similar to the 90s X-Men show which is getting the X-Mansion this year, AND love or hate TTGO, TTGO is huge with kids and the set could appeal to them. 

I also think it would be cool if we got a modular for DC and Marvel every other year. 

Edited by calebcold3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, wesker said:

It has to be more than one at least! I doubt they‘d include all members of the F4 in the same set :tongue: 

The only thing that bothers me here is that a minifig of a certain hooded individual is unlikely to be included since

Doom is currently rumoured to be introduced in the movie, but only as a cameo or even just in a post-credits scene, so that a minifig can be pretty much ruled out

:shrug_oh_well:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

15 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

What if we did get four Fantastic 4 sets, but each set was just a buildable figure of a different member? 😝

Don't give them any ideas!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It has to be more than one at least! I doubt they‘d include all members of the F4 in the same set :tongue: 

The only thing that bothers me here is that a minifig of a certain hooded individual is unlikely to be included since

At least we have a pre-existing minifigure for him even if that is from a set so many years old now.

14 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

At least we have a pre-existing minifigure for him even if that is from a set so many years old now.

True, and it‘s a very good one! But I want a minifig of the MCU version, especially considering who one of the candidates for playing him is :grin:

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

True, and it‘s a very good one! But I want a minifig of the MCU version, especially considering who one of the candidates for playing him is :grin:

Do tell!

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Do tell!

No idea how credible it is, but

Spoiler

Mads Mikkelsen

is said to be in the race for the role, despite 

Spoiler

already having played Kaecilius before.

Wouldn't be the first time though something like that happened in the MCU :laugh:

On 3/19/2024 at 12:53 PM, calebcold3 said:

As much as I'd love a Baxter Building modular, I think it's gonna be a long time till we get one tbh. If I had to guess, if we ever get one, it would be MCU based rather than comic based similar to the Sanctum. If they sold a modular comic F4 Baxter Building next year, I think it would be a major shelf warmer unfortunately as a comic Baxter Building set based on Fantastic Four is really towards a more niche demographic, even if I would love a comic based Baxter Building.  

Speaking of which Honestly, I'd expect the next few Superhero modulars to be:

2025: DC| Daily Planet (comic based)

2026: Marvel| Oscorp Building (comic based)

2027: DC| Teen Titans Tower (comic based or 2003 series based) 

2028: Marvel| Avengers Mansion (comic based)

Before I sound like a hypocrite for thinking a comic Daily Planet set is more likely than a comic Baxter Building, Superman is one of the most famous superheroes EVER up there with Spidey and Batman. A Superman comic set would sell better than a Fantastic Four comic set.

And Teen Titans would make sense for 2027 as that could be a tie in for when the recently announced DCU movie comes out. Not to mention the 2003 Teen Titans show has a cult following similar to the 90s X-Men show which is getting the X-Mansion this year, AND love or hate TTGO, TTGO is huge with kids and the set could appeal to them. 

I also think it would be cool if we got a modular for DC and Marvel every other year. 

I'm 50/50 between the Baxter Building and Daily Planet being the next modular building. Fantastic Four and Superman are going to be the two primary superhero movies of 2025 so its almost certainly going to come down to one of the two. It all depends on which movie Lego chooses to prioritize.

I do think the Baxter Building needs the backing of a new movie to gain public interest far more than the Daily Planet does. You either do it while the Fantastic Four are relevant, or you don't do it at all. Because you're right - this set does have the potential of being a massive shelf warmer. Especially if the film ends up being another flop like the Marvels was.

Of course the best scenario would be just to release both the same year with a six month gap between them, but I admit that option is pretty unlikely to happen.

13 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

They could include all the members.... if they were to skip the villains again like the last few MCU sets have. :tongue:

I'd imagine that we get six sets in total for the live action 2025 films, with Blade likely to be cancelled or at minimum pushed back into 2026.

• 1 set for Captain America 4
  • 3 sets for Thunderbolts
  • 2 sets for Fantastic Four

In terms of layout:

• Red Hulk, Sam Cap, Torres Falcon, Sabra
  • Winter Soldier, Ghost, Taskmaster
  • U.S. Agent, Red Guardian, Valentina
  • Sentry, Yelena, Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk?)
  • Fantasticar Build with Invisible Woman, The Thing and Galactus's Herald
  • Galactus Build with Mr.Fantastic, Human Torch and Herbie

Only thing making me hesitate is that this layout would lack repeats, though I'd imagine some of the figures would be recycled for usage in Avengers 5/6.

On 3/19/2024 at 1:53 AM, calebcold3 said:

-snip-

After the Daily Planet I'd imagine they would do Wayne Manor OR Arkham Asylum instead of doing a Teen Titans modular.

In terms of Marvel D2C's I think the most likely would be a revamped Avengers Helicarrier which they seem to be teasing given the midi-scale version. The Hulkbuster MK2 I could easily see getting a larger version eventually. Iron Man Mansion seems like a logical choice for the 20th anniversary of Iron Man in 2028, similarly being the 20th anniversary of the MCU as a whole they'd likely want to do a big set that celebrates the entire theme featuring a bunch of Phase 1-6 characters.

Posted (edited)

I’ve just watched X-Men ‘97. Really enjoyed it. It got me very excited for an x-mansion. Not sure what we’re going to get in terms of minifigure numbers. So far we’ve had Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Magneto, Cyclops and Rogue. I would expect they will all repeat (perhaps one will remain Expensive-Jet exclusive).

Once you start listing the rest of the core 97 cast - Jean, Prof X, Gambit, Jubilee, Morph, Bishop. It doesn’t leave many slots left for other villains or fan favourites. Not sure how many brand new print minifigures we would get compared with say the avengers tower. 

Mystique, Sabretooth were obviously in the survey version. Mr Sinister, Iceman, nightcrawler, sunspot, deadpool all make some degree of sense to include. 

In conclusion, I’m going to need more sets, more mutant minifigures and a sentinel the size of Voltron!

Edited by Lego_ofme

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Wouldn't be the first time though something like that happened in the MCU :laugh:

Considering how Doom would probably be masked for all his screentime, they could get away with that casting. 

X-Men 97's first two episodes are out and Bishop and Morph are part of the opening theme and end credits. That makes me think it's even more likely they'll both show up in the X-Mansion set as minifigs. Xavier being swapped out with Magneto in the opening theme starting with the second episode also makes me wonder if they might skip him. 

Also wondering if there's a chance the X-Mansion set could feature baby Nathan.

2 minutes ago, Lego_ofme said:

I’ve just watched X-Men ‘97. Really enjoyed it. It got me very excited for an x-mansion. Not sure what we’re going to get in terms of minifigure numbers. So far we’ve had Wolverine, Beast, Storm, Magneto, Cyclops and Rogue. I would expect they will all repeat (perhaps one will remain Expensive-Jet exclusive).

Once you start listing the rest of the core 97 cast - Jean, Prof X, Gambit, Jubilee, Morph, Bishop. It doesn’t leave many slots left for other villains or fan favourites. Not sure how many brand new print minifigures we would get compared with say the avengers tower. 

Mystique, Sabretooth were obviously in the survey version. Mr Sinister, Iceman, nightcrawler, sunspot, deadpool all make some degree of sense to include. 

In conclusion, I’m going to need more sets, more mutant minifigures and a sentinel the size of Voltron!

I wonder if they might not just skip villains. I'm not sure Mystique and Sabretooth are even important enough in the show to warrant inclusion, popular and iconic as they are. If there is a villain and Magneto doesn't count, it'll probably be Mr. Sinister.

Right now I'm predicting Wolverine, Beast, and Magneto will be reused. Maybe Cyclops too. New characters will probably be Jean, Gambit, Jubilee, Morph, and Bishop. Maybe Xavier or Sinister could show up.

Watched the first episode, loving it so far! I wouldn’t hold out too much hope for Jean, in costume at least.

She’s pregnant from the outset and doesn’t look like she will be getting much costumed action.

5 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Right now I'm predicting Wolverine, Beast, and Magneto will be reused. Maybe Cyclops too. New characters will probably be Jean, Gambit, Jubilee, Morph, and Bishop. Maybe Xavier or Sinister could show up.

This is pretty much what I’m expecting for the lineup, with the addition of Storm and Sunspot. Cyclops and Morph will share a new set of legs with printing for boots (hopefully, but probably not, dual molded). And Beast will have a lab coat so he’s different from the CMF.

1 hour ago, psqidexslizer said:

This is pretty much what I’m expecting for the lineup, with the addition of Storm and Sunspot. Cyclops and Morph will share a new set of legs with printing for boots (hopefully, but probably not, dual molded). And Beast will have a lab coat so he’s different from the CMF.

Good point about Beast that he would technically be a new figure with a lab coat. Even in the new show, we see him wearing one. I was iffy on Storm (especially due to a plot point which could make it more feasible to not include her at the X-Mansion) but since she would just be a repeat, it would be easy to throw her in. And the show made a point of saying that she's one of the central characters so it would be weird if she was only available in a CMF and not a set.

As for Sunspot, I feel he's 50/50. He's not an official team member and there's only been some merchandise of him so far so I can see him being skipped if Lego feels they made enough new characters. Especially since he doesn't appear in the second episode.

I just hope they make the effort for new legs for Cyclops and Morph. After they skimped on leg printing for the Avengers Tower set, I could see them reusing those generic blue legs for Cyclops and giving Morph those too.

11 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd imagine that we get six sets in total for the live action 2025 films, with Blade likely to be cancelled or at minimum pushed back into 2026.

• 1 set for Captain America 4
  • 3 sets for Thunderbolts
  • 2 sets for Fantastic Four

In terms of layout:

• Red Hulk, Sam Cap, Torres Falcon, Sabra
  • Winter Soldier, Ghost, Taskmaster
  • U.S. Agent, Red Guardian, Valentina
  • Sentry, Yelena, Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk?)
  • Fantasticar Build with Invisible Woman, The Thing and Galactus's Herald
  • Galactus Build with Mr.Fantastic, Human Torch and Herbie

Only thing making me hesitate is that this layout would lack repeats, though I'd imagine some of the figures would be recycled for usage in Avengers 5/6.

After the Daily Planet I'd imagine they would do Wayne Manor OR Arkham Asylum instead of doing a Teen Titans modular.

In terms of Marvel D2C's I think the most likely would be a revamped Avengers Helicarrier which they seem to be teasing given the midi-scale version. The Hulkbuster MK2 I could easily see getting a larger version eventually. Iron Man Mansion seems like a logical choice for the 20th anniversary of Iron Man in 2028, similarly being the 20th anniversary of the MCU as a whole they'd likely want to do a big set that celebrates the entire theme featuring a bunch of Phase 1-6 characters.

2023 brought out my inner pessimist. I don’t see Lego going for more than one Fantastic Four set, and we definitely aren’t getting all the Thunderbolts.

One Fantastic Four set with three Minifigures and a Big fig seem most likely. Maybe we get Herbie or a Galactus buildable, but that could just be one $90 set over 2 sets.

I can’t see Lego making Valentina, and if Red Hulk is in Thunderbolts, his inclusion in the Captain America set may see him getting skipped. Yelena and Bucky seem most likely, one or two new characters (John, Alexei, or Sentry), but I’m not confident we’ll get Ghost or Taskmaster. I hope we do.

Also curious when we’ll get sets for the new Spider Man animated series. Last I heard, the show was this year, and I can’t imagine Lego skipping out on an animated Spider-Man.

11 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Considering how Doom would probably be masked for all his screentime, they could get away with that casting. 

X-Men 97's first two episodes are out and Bishop and Morph are part of the opening theme and end credits. That makes me think it's even more likely they'll both show up in the X-Mansion set as minifigs. Xavier being swapped out with Magneto in the opening theme starting with the second episode also makes me wonder if they might skip him. 

Also wondering if there's a chance the X-Mansion set could feature baby Nathan.

I wonder if they might not just skip villains. I'm not sure Mystique and Sabretooth are even important enough in the show to warrant inclusion, popular and iconic as they are. If there is a villain and Magneto doesn't count, it'll probably be Mr. Sinister.

I see Emma Frost has been promoted to 'opening credits' since the original series. Might mean good things for a minifig in the future.

W6Mh41R.jpeg

12 hours ago, Lego_ofme said:

I'd prefer something smaller for the regular Sentinels. A construction figure would hit the right balance of being tall enough to tower over the minifigures while still being affordable enough to amass multiples. Voltron scale would be perfect for Master Mold though. Both are definitely at the top of my wishlist for next year's sets after watching the first two episodes.

12 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I think all the X-Men will be reused in some capacity. It doesn't make sense for Cyclops, Storm, Rogue or Beast to be locked behind a discontinued CMF series from last year or a set that may potentially retire in the months following the X-Mansion's release.

If one of the characters had to be changed up my preference would be Magneto. I think most of us would rather get the classic red costume over a repeat of the ugly purple one.

1 hour ago, Yoggington said:

I see Emma Frost has been promoted to 'opening credits' since the original series. Might mean good things for a minifig in the future.

W6Mh41R.jpeg

She's expected have a role in the show up later this season. I'd love to eventually get all the characters featured in that updated shot. Hopefully Emma, Sabretooth and Mystique are able to retain their spots in the mansion. We are sorely lacking in X-Men villains at the moment.