Clone OPatra

Marvel Superheroes 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Lego Marvel Superheroes 2024 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego Marvel Superhero discussion throughout 2024; sets, rumors, thoughts, and discussion. 

Enjoy! 

Posted (edited)

ok lets go,   

Spider Man | Characters | LEGO Marvel | Official LEGO® Shop US

looking forward to what 2024 has in store for us

Edited by Mattallica

Most hyped set so far for 2024 is the Buildable Classic Green Goblin with Glider. I really hope it ends up looking good.

New year, New list :3

Updated List:

Spoiler

JANUARY 2024 (Total 9 & Polybag):

FEBRUARY 2024 (Total 2):

MARCH 2024 (Total 3):

APRIL 2024 (Total 4):

SUMMER 2024 (Total 6):

UNKNOWN 2024? (Total 3):

Rumored/Other sets:

Notes:

• Unidentified sets may wind up being from DC, please be aware
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
  • Release dates are estimated given conflicting reports
  • Sets seem to be getting created with overlapping set numbers, please be aware fan made set titles may be reported by some sites as being official titles for these new set

Kind of awkward to be posting here I was unsure if I should bump the 2023 thread or post here. hope this works. Anyways, I built Namors Throne and should be building the War on the Water in the coming week. I wanted to share thoughts on both as I make my way through my Christmas purchases.

Namors Throne - Near perfect set. Revisiting videos of the movie, his throne was much larger and I find it commendable they chose to scale it down but still capture the essence of the throne. The Wakandan water craft is similar in that it evokes the essence of the ship in the movie. Feels like a solid depiction of the scenery. I know Shuri is inaccurate but I love this figure. She sported a purple track suit in the movie as a civilian and a solid black dive suit in the underwater escape scenes. So this black and purple Shuri is not accurate but a very interesting amalgamation of fits she wore in the movie, and it feels very believable. Plus her hair piece is stunning. 

War on the Water - Have yet to build but thus far I feel confident saying I'm gonna love it. Believe I got it on discount as well, which adds to the value. The only criticism I can think of is Okoye should have should armor and M'Baku should have Kravens fur coat. Or at least, I feel they'd look better with those respective accessories. I guess printing on iron hearts wings or a longer accurate braid in place of the afro would be more accurate. But long hair is hard to depict with those back pack pieces so I see why they chose to give her a shorter hair piece. Overall very excited about both these sets. 

Posted (edited)

@Scarilian I’m generally not a fan of the buildable figures but must admit I’m looking forward to seeing how Goblin turns out, his more ‘mechanical’ appearance will lend itself quite well to the buildable figure format. It will be forever disappointing that GG’s helmet only appears in modern Lego form as something buildable though, honestly.

Contentions with figure quality aside, I’m really happy with the NWH coverage we’ve received from Lego, but still hope for a small bridge battle set just to give us the Iron Spider suit and a proper Green Goblin. But hey, the final battle sets have been fantastic and are some of the best this theme has to offer.

Crazy to think that this summer is a complete unknown more or less - anything could happen and I’m excited to see at least a couple of good sets. I would’ve loved to see some Spider-Verse stuff and can’t imagine they wouldn’t sell well, even if they aren’t synced with the films.  Unfortunately Lego’s market research seems to indicate endless generic Spidey vehicles and venomised characters are more popular.

Edited by Kaijumeister

I'm starting to collect Marvel (I started this year with Spider Man NWH Final Battle sets) so I would like to know what are the chances of seeing a Kingpin big fig for the summer wave?

1 hour ago, Bloquerto said:

I'm starting to collect Marvel (I started this year with Spider Man NWH Final Battle sets) so I would like to know what are the chances of seeing a Kingpin big fig for the summer wave?

Despite past video games, I don't think we're gonna get a Kingpin big figure. Marvel is scheduled to release a new animated Spider-Man series featuring Daredevil, so it's possible we could get a Kingpin Minifigure this year (maybe not Summer).

43 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Despite past video games, I don't think we're gonna get a Kingpin big figure. Marvel is scheduled to release a new animated Spider-Man series featuring Daredevil, so it's possible we could get a Kingpin Minifigure this year (maybe not Summer).

I see. A Kingpin minifig will be very welcome indeed even if it isn't a big fig. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I think Tony's Malibu Mansion might be something, perhaps this year or next.

42639_alt1.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quality=55&width=528&height=528&dpr=3

Andrea's Modern Mansion in the Friends theme is a 2275 piece $169.99 featuring a Mansion build built into a cliff and a car. I feel if Lego takes this concept, rework it, it'd work as a Tony Stark Malibu Mansion set. Would probably need to cost more due to the licensing and for the required curvy design of the Malibu Mansion though.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:49 AM, cosmic said:

Namors Throne - Near perfect set.

I think Namor's Throne was probably the more creative set of the wave and the one I was most interested in, just never got around to it. Looked like the best set of the movie wave.

18 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Scarilian It will be forever disappointing that GG’s helmet only appears in modern Lego form as something buildable though, honestly.

If they got the license for the classic version, I'd hope that they'd give us a figure of him eventually.

Edited by Scarilian

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2024 at 6:47 PM, Scarilian said:

Andrea's Modern Mansion in the Friends theme is a 2275 piece $169.99 featuring a Mansion build built into a cliff and a car. I feel if Lego takes this concept, rework it, it'd work as a Tony Stark Malibu Mansion set. Would probably need to cost more due to the licensing and for the required curvy design of the Malibu Mansion though. 

Good shout. Do you see it as a modular? Or at least modular compatable? 

Be a great way to get some more suits for the hall of armour. 

Edited by squiz18

9 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!

14 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Fun way to get the thread talking, which suit/s (other than the Mark 4) that we've never had in LEGO would people want to see the most?

I'd love to see the Mark XX (Python), for the black/gold colour scheme and Mark XXXV (Red Snapper) as its the chunkiest armour in the classic Iron Man red/gold

On 1/7/2024 at 4:17 AM, Buckethead said:

Indeed I think we'll only get kingpin if there's an animated one because live action being TV-MA might be a bit risky for TLG, we're lucky to have had Echo in the minifigure series. We'll see tommorow with the series being released if some sets ideas emmerge from the community.

3 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Fun way to get the thread talking, which suit/s (other than the Mark 4) that we've never had in LEGO would people want to see the most?

I'd love to see the Mark XX (Python), for the black/gold colour scheme and Mark XXXV (Red Snapper) as its the chunkiest armour in the classic Iron Man red/gold

Mark XL (Shotgun) looks awesome and gives me Top Gun vibes. Mark XXI (Midas) would also be a fun collectible, and Mark XIX (Tiger) is an interesting way to change up the suit's colors while still being red/gold

37 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mark XL (Shotgun) looks awesome and gives me Top Gun vibes. Mark XXI (Midas) would also be a fun collectible, and Mark XIX (Tiger) is an interesting way to change up the suit's colors while still being red/gold

i don't get why XIX is called Tiger when XXVIII (Jack) is orange and black 

Midas is obviously a great shout, they should've made that suit for a promotional 10 years set, like how Harry Potter and Ninjago had their respective gold figures

Top of my list would be Mark XXXII/Romeo and Mark XVI/Nightclub. Mark XXVII/Disco would be on my list just for colour variety. 

7 hours ago, NXS7 said:

I don't believe we have Hot Rod yet, I'd very much like to see him some day :sweet: 
Also, I would LOVE to see Model 49 (black & gold armor, red glowing 'eyes' and arc reactor light), but that's from the comics, not MCU, so  :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch  

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I don't believe we have Hot Rod yet, I'd very much like to see him some day :sweet: 
Also, I would LOVE to see Model 49 (black & gold armor, red glowing 'eyes' and arc reactor light), but that's from the comics, not MCU, so  :innocent:

Regards,
Mitch  

They have done Hot Rod and Blue Steel in the most recent system tower. 

If we're talking comic suits, the Superior Armor would be awesome and a unique color scheme.

3 hours ago, NXS7 said:

i don't get why XIX is called Tiger when XXVIII (Jack) is orange and black 

Midas is obviously a great shout, they should've made that suit for a promotional 10 years set, like how Harry Potter and Ninjago had their respective gold figures

No clue- they say it's due to it's capacity to reach high speeds, which, sure, in-universe Tony made this well before XXVII, but out of universe it'd have been nice to keep it consistent with the colors.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

7 hours ago, NXS7 said:

Yeah it has been a slow start to the year. I think this could be a quieter year for Lego Marvel overall. I don't think we'll get past the 237 pages of the 2023 thread! 

In terms of suits, I'd echo whats been said above. Colour variety would be great. The Hot Rod, Gamma, Blue Steel, Tiger, Starboost and Disco ones would all be interesting. 

I think the mansion structure could look really good. I think the figures would be the issue. We'd all want it to be like the tower or bugle with 25+ figures, but I could see it being more like the sanctum with 7 figs and lots of wasted potential. 

They technically haven't really done Hot Rod since the set "Blazer" appears in was not MCU-based, so that would still be one of my top picks, along with Disco. Peacemaker and Piston suits would also be cool just for some different colors... now I'm imagining an "Every Iron Man is Awesome" rainbow setup!

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

They have done Hot Rod and Blue Steel in the most recent system tower. 

See, I knew I remembered seeing a LEGO version of Hot Rod somewhere, but for some reason I couldn't find it on Brickset yesterday. Guess I didn't search properly :blush: 
Having seen it now, though- it looks kinda bad, so could definitely use a proper remake :innocent: 

10 hours ago, tafkatb said:

...now I'm imagining an "Every Iron Man is Awesome" rainbow setup!

:grin: :grin: 
Would be a nice little thing.

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I would like mark 4 and 6 (without damage)

Oh, right, the MkVI is damaged in the Avengers Tower. 
In that case, I agree with you :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

On 1/7/2024 at 1:47 PM, Scarilian said:

I think Tony's Malibu Mansion might be something, perhaps this year or next.

42639_alt1.png?format=webply&fit=bounds&quality=55&width=528&height=528&dpr=3

I think Namor's Throne was probably the more creative set of the wave and the one I was most interested in, just never got around to it. Looked like the best set of the movie wave.

If they got the license for the classic version, I'd hope that they'd give us a figure of him eventually.

I recommend picking up Namors Throne if you’re on the fence of it.  Figures and build are all visually stunning. 

As for the Mansion, I certainly hope Lego chooses to produce it but I don’t think it would be released as early as this year. And yeah the curvy shape and License fee are gonna complicate our ability to get the Mansion as a proper build. Still I dream.

Just seen set 60431. Feels like the green astronauts helmet could be an option for Kang in a different colour. Obviously not coming… at least any time soon.